Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If you want to upgrade your RAM…read this.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: If you want to upgrade your RAM…read this. Reply with quote

Hi all.

I’m posting this because some of you are going off and trying to locate the right type of Ram for your Pa1X, and buying the wrong type. I’ve noticed a few people now over the last 3 weeks who have run into problems.

This guy here….
http://stores.ebay.com/fourniersean_korg-sampler-memory_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

… has been selling Ram to the Triton community for years. Long before the Pa1X ever existed. So if you’re looking for Ram, don’t take any chances and buy from this guy. He has exactly what your looking for and at 15USD, he’s offer it dirt cheap.

Regards.
Sharp.

Last edited by Sharp on Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
spilok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid Question, perhaps.
What EXACTLY would upgrading the RAM in my 61 key PA1X keyboard do for me? Should I put in a hard drive first, or would the extra RAM still be beneficial without the hard drive?
Stan
Titch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. The Korg is equiped with 16Mb of RAM in which to store PCM samples, such as Piano Assault, and Vocal Assault. Unfortunately Vocal Assault is such a large sample library that it requires 32Mb of RAM, and thus if you wish to use this you need to increase the amount of memory to 32Mb by adding another 16Mb. It is quite easy to accomplish, much like upgrading memory on your desk-top computer, and the Korg installation notes describe exactly how to do this. As to whether you should install a hard disk, the answer is definitely yes. The Korg does not require a huge amount of disk space, and the drive fitted to my Pa1X-Pro is 30GB, far too large really as even with a lot of PCM samples and literally hundres of styles, I have only used about 240Mb of space, so if yours is a Pa1X, then find a small capacity drive such as one replaced from a laptop upgrade, and 5 or 6 Gb would be more than enough.
spilok

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,
I will work on getting a hard drive this week. I prefer to buy a new one. If any of you have experience with one or specific suggestions for a reliable brand, please give me the link where I can get it. It's time to do this since we aren't getting a new Pa1X model in 2006 supposedly.

Stan
ellon1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: If you want to upgrade your RAM…read this. Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Hi all.

I’m posting this because some of you are going off and trying to locate the right type of Ram for your Pa1X, and buying the wrong type. I’ve noticed a few people now over the last 3 weeks who have run into problems.

This guy here….
http://stores.ebay.com/fourniersean_korg-sampler-memory_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm

… has been selling Ram to the Triton community for years. Long before the Pa1X ever existed. So if you’re looking for Ram, don’t take any chances and buy from this guy. He has exactly what your looking for and at 15USD, he’s offer it dirt cheap.

Regards.
Sharp.

I took your advice and bought the RAM where you said. The delivery was fast and efficient but more importantly the RAM works perfectly.

Thanks Sharp Very Happy
tommy1340millar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just read this post, and I would 2nd (or 3rd) the sentiment!
I bought some memory from here for my son's triton rack,
Delivery time was not too bad, considering the fact that I had a teenager phoning me every 15 minutes to see if it was here yet Very Happy Very Happy

and, yes most importantly, it works.

I can now do 'neighbours dog farting' solos in any key. Cool
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have ordered and paid through Ebay and PayPal 03 mar 2006 but no RAM has arrived yet. I wrote to the seller and asked him if hi has sent ram memory. I just received 'yes, please be patient.' as answer...

?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.

Post coming from America is a lot slower than what we are used to here in Europe.

Regards.
Sharp.
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Specially if it is sent as economy to save on postage as opposed to Express mail or global priority.

As eco, it can be in the UK 4 to 6 weeks after postage. It has happened to me once where a book I had ordered arrived over 4 weeks later. But the postage saving was worth it in view of the weight of the book.

Secondly, don't forget that parcels from America can be stopped by your local customs sorting office. It can also add 3 to 5 days, particularly if they deem you should be charged VAT and they check the current price of the item in the parcel to verify that the information written on the green label is accurate.
KorgPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I understand, so waiting 19 days for letter to arrive from USA to Sweden is not unusual at all?...

KP
Meti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would happen if you wanted to add more then 32 mb of total ram memory for the pa1x series keyboard? Lets say u were to install a 64 mb chip in there, would the korg pa1x reconize it?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meti wrote:
What would happen if you wanted to add more then 32 mb of total ram memory for the pa1x series keyboard? Lets say u were to install a 64 mb chip in there, would the korg pa1x reconize it?

It won’t work.

Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KorgPlayer wrote:
OK I understand, so waiting 19 days for letter to arrive from USA to Sweden is not unusual at all?...

KP

Yes… It happens.
Remmeber St. Patrick’s day would have also probably slowed things up even more.

Regards.
Sharp.
keys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

St Patrick who!!!!!

Wink

dennis
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Also known as Paddy’s day Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Classic Threads All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: