Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg TR, problem with organizing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
higskies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating new sounds is sometimes very inspiring. The last song I wrote (last week) was inspired that way. The vocals were merely recollection of past inspiration, but if it weren't for the sound I was working on, the song would have never come together the way it did. The most interesting part was that the new sound got buried in the mix. Is that ironic?
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
The Truth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid maybe, mostly he's ignorant not a team player. Typical band politics stuff. Why do all the best musicians have difficult personalities too? I'll never figure it out, I'd rather work with a mediocre musician with an open mind than a difficult person who's a virtuoso.
The Bottom line here is...
The TR is simple to use and organize your favorite settings as long as one has an open mind and is willing to ditch a few lousy presets. Period.
The Truth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post was my reply to demonp
demonp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is something like rich people and poor people. The rich people mostly egoists (maybe your keyboardist is egoist:lol: ) and people who has not so much ready to give their last.
The Truth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Its like Neil Young's career.

He has fun and loose records with Crazy Horse, mediocre players who thrive on feel.

Then he has the polished , or used to be polished, CSN&Y who are picky ass bastards especially Stills, incredibly talented group but egoists par excellence.

At this point in my life, I think I'd rather have fun with the jammers than sweat with the perfectionists, because the audience dosen't care how good you are, they just want to feel the energy and they notice the energy way more than if we can play that difficult Steely Dan or
Toto lick. We had a gig tonight with my 60's band and we followed a tight R&B funk band who were hot but the crowd was dead.

Then we performed in our 60's outfits and included our "Janis Joplin" and "The Who" mini sets, where I toss my SG in the air and catch it and
the crowd was loving it because the energy was there even if all the right notes weren't.

Oh back to my keyboardist, now he bought a Leslie 122 and expects us to carry that around for him too! He's got to go. LOL
demonp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie is cool, but before you kick him out tell him to buy a grand piano. May be better to carry Wink .
elsurfjetH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Best comment I ever heard on any music forum. Reply with quote

I wish the rest of my band was reading this. I cut this off another fellows post back a bit . It is the truth about all bands. We are there for the public, but we think we are there for ourselves.

"
because the audience dosen't care how good you are, they just want to feel the energy and they notice the energy way more than if we can play that difficult Steely Dan "

Great stuff
Thanks
demonp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the only minus in TR is its weight. As for me this is perfect for gig.
I organized all sounds which I need as I want. I use only combis. If I like some program I make combi with single program and copy IFX, MFX. My target is to reach everything in 1 press. Here some tips for it:

1. How the preset is organized. A000 is the same category as B 000 and C,D000.

2. Hold category button useful in some cases (if u need different brasses in one track).

3. Switch between combi and program. Choose combi u need than choose program u need and switch between them by pressing COMBI and PROGRAM buttons. (tried this yesterday)

4. INC, DEC buttons. This can be 1 touch changing too

5. Num pad starting with 2, 3, ...,9 (becaus in this case enough to give 2 digits and will switch automatically. Than for example choose any combi and press the number of the next u need. In this case to change u just press ENTER.

6. Category. Make all your combis / programs in user category and in CATEGORY view just scroll them with dial.

7. As I did: A000, B000, C000 is one track (I try to use just up to 3 combis /track) A000 is intro B000 is main theme C000 is end part or other needed (solo lead)
A001, B,C 001 is the next track and so on.
If I have just 1 or 2 instruments needed I copy the Init Combi to C(B) to avoid bad switching and not to mess the tracks.
In this case I need to know the gig program. I don't keep it in my head, I don't need to remember the number of 1000 combis, anything. I switch the A0 to A1 (always on A) and I'm ready to play the next track. Also useful to change the combi name. I have the names which pass to the track name.

Firstly I was afraid to do this (because of almost complete reprograming the synth) but it is OK. In all cases I use almost only this sounds I made. So it is not a problem.

8."Step through" #127 INIT. COMBI is useful in case u whant to make completely new combi. U choose it, make a combi and SAVE AS anything u want wherever u want. In this case u have OWN brand new combi and still empty C127.

I thing this tutorial helps anyone. Idea
demonp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: Best comment I ever heard on any music forum. Reply with quote

elsurfjetH wrote:
I wish the rest of my band was reading this. I cut this off another fellows post back a bit . It is the truth about all bands. We are there for the public, but we think we are there for ourselves.

"
because the audience dosen't care how good you are, they just want to feel the energy and they notice the energy way more than if we can play that difficult Steely Dan "

Great stuff
Thanks

That is the reason we remained just 5 (instead of 6) in the band. Rolling Eyes Laughing
peppe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tr can do this? Can i recall a combination of sound pressing one button ?
I have a pa80, in whitch I have saved the instrument that I need in a song in the STS and all this in a performance. So if I have to play Another day, i recall the performance called Another day, and mova among the instrument that I need Pressing the STS button. In this manner I have always ready to play. Can I do The something with the TR ??
BobHope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've understood how things work on the TR, the organizing isn't that difficult. It's a lame you have to overwrite the preset combinations, but actually it's not that bad, cause there are lots of combis that are totally useless for me... But then again, I can't tell if that's a good thing or not Very Happy. The possibilities for editing seem to be great.
muLperi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea well in the end it's still extremely stupid and unthoughtful from Korg.

How hard it would be to for example share the memory for songs and patterns with programs and combis also?

Or that you could export single programs and combis to SD card at a time even. Would solve many problems if you could pull up all your favorites from SD card.
nikola81

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muLperi wrote:

Or that you could export single programs and combis to SD card at a time even. Would solve many problems if you could pull up all your favorites from SD card.

Well, there is one thing with that, why would you save one prog or one combi when you can save them all whenever you change something and LOAD one by one if you want some of them back, same goes for presets. .pcg file for TR is around 70 Kb and most pf us use SD cards that are 1Gb Shocked so why wouldn't you backup from time to time. All my edited programs are in d bank and combis in c bank so a, b, and c in prog are presets. possibilities are endles, just open your minds and do little manual reading. As for having user bank, make it yourself, take some category that you don't use (like drums or something) and rename it to user or ..., and use category hold button.
muLperi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course you also could make a backup of all your patches.
Why should those actions cancel each other out?

If you could save single patches to your Favorites folder on SD card, that would be the answer to everyones problem here. End of discussion.
And there's no need to go in to RTFM, you and everyone here knows that it's the only problem with this synth.
klarnet basowy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.. anyway, I think that Korg could have made an empty "user" series of programs and combies, without efforts or more costs. It would be nice and "comfortable".., without having to load and save from the SD and without deleting preset sounds..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: