Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Black Metal Sound?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quorthon

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Any Black Metal Sound? Reply with quote

Hi,

can someone tell me som tips to obtain some good sounds to make Melodic Black Metal (some as Children od Bodom) songs?

Some tips about powerful electric guitar, synth, harpsi, atmosphere sounds?
rabbit

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: hard. Reply with quote

hi
here is what i can offer(all on the Extreme)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=151082&songID=2047034

rabbit,
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Quorthon

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but i suppose Black Metal is on another planet....

i need some tips to make sounds for guitars, clavi, synth etc.

noone make heavy metal with the Triton Extreme?

bye...
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Black Metal Sound? Reply with quote

Quorthon wrote:
Hi,

can someone tell me som tips to obtain some good sounds to make Melodic Black Metal (some as Children od Bodom) songs?

Some tips about powerful electric guitar, synth, harpsi, atmosphere sounds?

Think you're a bit unclear as to what black metal is, but still :p

For Children of Bodomesque sounds, I would take a lead that's pretty sharp and tweak from there. I started with Monster Lead which is downloadable on this forum. I run it through some tube gain, add a light chorus. I'll upload it when I have the file handy.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/triton-pcg/monster.zip - is the link for the download.

As far as harpsichorsds go, I like the ones that are on there, coupled with a voice and a nylon guitar effect. Atmosphere sounds, take a voice, put reverb on it and make it ALL wet, gives it a cool far away effect.

Bodom (at least until "Are You Dead Yet") is power metal. It has screaming vocals, but if you take em out, it's power. Now they're just kinda mallcore. Check out Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica for more good power metal keys.

Black Metal you'll want to check out: Emperor, Mayhem, Cradle of Filth (sorta), Dimmu Borgir (sorta)

Hope I was helpful!
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and of course, check out my band Cursed Eternity. www.cursedeternity.com or www.myspace.com/cursedeternity

The recordings on the site are using a JV-1000, but the new CD we're working on uses the Extreme almost exclusively. There's heavy metal keyboardists out there, no worries :p
Quorthon

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Any Black Metal Sound? Reply with quote

Dickisgod wrote:

Think you're a bit unclear as to what black metal is, but still :p

For Children of Bodomesque sounds, I would take a lead that's pretty sharp and tweak from there. I started with Monster Lead which is downloadable on this forum. I run it through some tube gain, add a light chorus. I'll upload it when I have the file handy.

http://www.korgforums.com/support/triton-pcg/monster.zip - is the link for the download.

As far as harpsichorsds go, I like the ones that are on there, coupled with a voice and a nylon guitar effect. Atmosphere sounds, take a voice, put reverb on it and make it ALL wet, gives it a cool far away effect.

Bodom (at least until "Are You Dead Yet") is power metal. It has screaming vocals, but if you take em out, it's power. Now they're just kinda mallcore. Check out Stratovarius and Sonata Arctica for more good power metal keys.

Black Metal you'll want to check out: Emperor, Mayhem, Cradle of Filth (sorta), Dimmu Borgir (sorta)

Hope I was helpful!

Thanks for the tips...

As you quoted my topic i talked about "Melodic" Black Metal (also someone talk about Melodic Death when talking about CoB).
For a list of metal bands we can go on for eternity Wink
Ah... don't forget Immortal and Bathory (take a look to my nick)... ok ? Wink

Quorthon
"Bearer of a pounding Hammerheart"
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, I still don't count Bodom as being anything near black metal though:p And death no way.

Btw, got to see Dark Tranquility in a room of about 50 people a few months ago, it was awesome, got to get up and check out the keyboard rig and all. Fantastic stuff Very Happy
JonSolo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Metal- hmmm. I can play the race card here and say that Black Metal is like Living Color. Laughing Nothing tops Mother's Finest, though...especially their album Black Radio Won't Play This Record. It rocked hard.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Solo

http://www.solosounds.net
http://jonsolo.me
http://www.soundcloud.com/jonsolo
http://www.twitter.com/thejonsolo

Windows 10 | Intel i9 9900K | 64 GB RAM | Scarlett 18i20 | Nektar Panorama P6
Korg Kronos - 88 | Korg Kronos 2 - 61 | Roland Fantom 6 | Push 2 | Maschine Mk2 | Slate ML1 | JBL LSR308/310
Nuendo 11 | Ableton Live 11 | Reason 12 | FL Studio 20.9
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonSolo wrote:
Black Metal- hmmm. I can play the race card here and say that Black Metal is like Living Color. Laughing Nothing tops Mother's Finest, though...especially their album Black Radio Won't Play This Record. It rocked hard.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Solo

AC fan?

Living Color did kick way much ass though. I still find myself playin air bass to Cult of Personality :p
jojo

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a few extremely heavy guitars with major feedback using the joystick (and AMS I believe).

I'd sell them for a negotiable $3.95.

Why charge? I'm in college. More specifically, a private college. Even more specifically, 9-16k tuition per year + $6000 room and board.

Yes sir! It's the "Send me to college" fund-a-thon!

So, I hope you guys can understand why I am charging for PCG's. I'll upload an audition as soon as I find a suitable host site this week.

Thanks!

"How do you spell a good instrument? K O R G!"
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, or just don't use guitar sounds on a keyboard:p
Quorthon

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojo wrote:
I've got a few extremely heavy guitars with major feedback using the joystick (and AMS I believe).

I'd sell them for a negotiable $3.95.

Why charge? I'm in college. More specifically, a private college. Even more specifically, 9-16k tuition per year + $6000 room and board.

Yes sir! It's the "Send me to college" fund-a-thon!

So, I hope you guys can understand why I am charging for PCG's. I'll upload an audition as soon as I find a suitable host site this week.

Thanks!

Maybe a prewiew of the sounds before paying would be better...
Dickisgod

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or not leeching money off of your fellow keyboard players... you know, not turning their threads into spam. Just a thought Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: