Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe ESX-1 WAV / Sample Organizer *SOFTWARE*
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
m4m

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Wave Organizer went open source, and people have ported it to Mac, Linux, etc.

http://code.google.com/p/open-electribe-editor/

via livePA.org
lu77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this app could be the thing that makes me get the electribe... because the ESX is essentially what i want but hte idea of 'recording' all my samples in ARGH!!!

so thankyou to the developer!

some questions:

Russo mentioned a few things you should do to prep your samples, and one of them was saying how many steps the sample is for looping - can anyone explain this further? wouldn't this depend on bmp etc?

SD cards now come in classes, 10 being the best and 1 being the slowest... anyone got advice on the one to get for ESX? also if i wanted to load all factory presets onto a card, how big a card would i need? 256mb? or way more?

Also, this is a silly question but it's because i haven't used the electribe in person - can you load samples from one song/program into another? so if i put all my best samples together in one set, will i be able to create multiple songs with them?
oobs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lu77 wrote:
also if i wanted to load all factory presets onto a card, how big a card would i need? 256mb? or way more?

ESX-1SD has a quite small permanent memory - 25MB or such.

So, on a 256mb card you'll be able to store the whole factory preset archive (when exporting you will get a single file with .esx suffix), PLUS 8-9 other custom .esx files.

In fact, AFAIK, the current main feature of open-electribe-editor is to create and export custom .esx files to your SD card, in order to load them later on your sampler.

After some inactivity, the open-electribe-editor discussion group recently got some traffic - I would encourage everybody here who uses this software to read the discussion group, give feedback, suggest new features and improvements, and DONATE to its creator.
Arrow http://groups.google.com/group/open-electribe-editor
lu77

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks oobs

it turns out i bought the smartmedia version - i didn't realise the SX was ever available with anything other than SD... oh well... have SMC on it's way to me but it means i'm limited to 128mb external source.... probably not a huge problem considering the kind of sampling I do.

Im unsure whether to stick with the original ESX wave organiser or go for the new Open Electribe Editor, my main concern is that word 'BETA" on the end there... anyone got feedback on how it performs on Windows?

(and yes I have been reading the forum there too)
m4m

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

both work equally good/bad, the advantage of the new one is that its in java so it works on mac too
FranzK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im getting crashes when I start it up on my mac?
Crying or Very sad

anyone else?

I will try it on a different laptop or two

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
achkasov

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an .esx file structure explanation somewhere? Right now i am digging .emx file format but i believe having an .esx structure paper would help me a lot.
FranzK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be really nice to have an official one from Korg,
as for the Kaoss Pad 3, Microsampler, etc.

HINT HINT Wink

KORGLECTION: FIVE Classic ELECTRIBES, FIVE KAOSS!
3 Volca, iPads, Three DS10, Monotron, Classic O1W/FD

See my videos! KORG and other Synths and Apps,
VJing, Animation, Games etc.
www.youtube.com/vjfranzk
Electromachines

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something im doing wrong?....
Iv downloaded the latest version and it seems to open fine,but if i 'import' a sample nothing happens. If i try and drag and drop from my sample folder to the window, a pop up titled 'Dragging Files....' saying "PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 BIT, STEREO, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian" I click OK but nothing happens.

I am using Windows Vista. Have yet to try it on my XP and 7 machines.

Thanks!
Sparker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: New Version (1.0.3) of ESX editor (Skratchdot.com) - Issue!? Reply with quote

I received an email today with a link to an update for the ESX sampler editor from skratchdot. (To version 3)
I've been using the version 1 edition and thought I'd see what the upgrade was like.
I should have been suspicious when the link downloaded 30Mb, but I missed the huge size of file for what is in essence a simple editor programme.
Luckily I have Norton anti-virus which immediately deleted the whole programme from my PC and gave me a 'Serious/High Security Risk' warning. Upon checking the download I found a lot of files of dubious nature (certainly Norton Semantic thinks so).
I went to the skratchdot.com web page to see if I could get in contact but after the Norton warning I'm loath to give my person details to the site data base.
Maybe someone here or skratchdot can address what is happening with this upgrade - the first version was great and indeed makes life easier - but all those additional files in the sub-folders is very suspicious and certainly is falling foul of the Symantec virus check.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
Electromachines

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on the new version.........

I downloaded it and windows download scanned and found nothing dodgy.

I then ran a scan with microsoft security essentials on the Zip file and found no concern. I then ran it again on the unziped folder and again nothing.

I then opened the app and so far it seems to run ok with no problems i am aware of at this time.
Sparker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might well be OK.
I'm only reporting what my anti-virus did and said.
I wasn't even given a choice to run the app - the anti-virus removed the unzipped programme the moment I tried to run it and flagged up 'high security - danger' flags in big red letters.
My original (version 1) folder is 3Mb in size. The version 3.00 download was 30Mb and had a load of sub-folders with files in that I didn't recognise or understand. I have to say I'm not sure why an editor programme is 30Mb in size - that's 10x bigger than most of my VST instrument programmes and 30x bigger than my Korg Legacy M1 and Wavestation VST programmes.
The version 3.00 I downloaded was from an email notification which I accessed directly from my email client programme, so it may be that I have been spammed/phished via email.
Anyway I thought I should say something in case any other forum users have received the same email or had something similar happen.

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
skratchdot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey-

I finally decided to sign up here. Was coming to let electromachines know that I hopefully fixed the issue about sample dragging (previously you had to drag onto the sample tab, or else a popup would show you the audio infomation). I logged a bug about it: https://github.com/skratchdot/open-electribe-editor/issues/14

Anyways, I guess I can somewhat help clear up the 30mb issue.

It *is* extremely large, but that's because I decided to base the project on the Eclipse framework ( http://www.eclipse.org/ ), which is primarily an IDE. I am including a bunch of libraries provided by Eclipse for things like undo/redo support, auto-updating (which hopefully will start working now), preference dialogs, arranging windows, etc. I'm also including some audio libraries so I'm able to read in mp3 and ogg files.

The old version (ESX Wave Organizer) was written in c++, and was 3.55mb compiled. Even the 3.55mb is ridiculously large, for as simple as a program as it was. 2.3 of the 3.55mb was because I included a "blank .esx" file compiled into the binary.

In the new version, Open Electribe Editor, you will notice the main .exe is much smaller: 52kb. That is purely created by the eclipse platform. The default .esx file is now contained in a folder called "defaults". You can actually choose which .esx file you want to load as a template when creating a "new" .esx file (it just copies the .esx in the defaults folder).

The rest of the "bulk", are libraries provided by Eclipse. You can checkout the OpenElectribeEditor/plugins folder. Currently that folder is 34mb (ridiculous I know). In that folder, anything that I wrote myself is prefixed w/ com.skratchdot.*. You'll notice those files are around 1.4mb.

I *might* be able to cleanup some of these libraries, but for some reason or another, Eclipse was telling me they were dependencies. For instance, the auto-update stuff is provided by org.eclipse.equinox.p2.*, and that totals around 2mb. Probably not necessary (as I don't even update very often).

Anyways, this is kind of long winded, just wanted to try to explain the 30+mb.

I can tell you that I'm not doing anything malicious in my code.

Be sure only to download from the google code page I link to on skratchdot.com (hosting it there because of the file size). I can't vouch for downloads from other sites.
Sparker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Skratchdot:
Thanks for the explanation and reassurance.
I suspect that my problem stems from Norton being overly sensitive.
Other people may have the same problem if they are using Norton 360. I've had it do the same on a couple of other occassions when using non-windows bootloaders/installers - but when it does something like it did I do like to check out the why's and wherefore's.

BTW: I downloaded it from the google link.

PS: Many thanks for all the hard work on the esx editor programmes. They turn managing samples, programmes and files from a chore into a breeze. Very Happy

PPS: What's happened to your 'donation' link?

skratchdot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Norton 360 flags all eclipse based products, or just this one? Do you know what type of error/vulnerability it was reporting? I wonder if it was based solely on the default.esx file that's included, or one/some of the .jar files in the "plugins" folder?

Anyways, I was definitely concerned with how many plugins I included (and the file size) after the first time I created deployment packages, but at that point, I was too far along using Eclipse to turn back Smile

I also wanted to use Eclipse, since that's what I use at work as my IDE (to work on web-based/flex-based projects), so I wanted to get familiar with the framework in case I ever wanted to write some plugins.

About the donation link: It's towards the bottom of this page:
http://skratchdot.com/projects/open-electribe-editor/

Also, I just got an email from someone who said the download was timing out for them, so the filesize is definitely a concern for others as well (I just don't know what to do about it at this point- besides ripping out logic- which I don't really want to do)...

Anyways, thanks for checking it out.

-Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: