Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg not really serious about being a software dev[macIntel]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

should the user pay for a MacIntel update of KLC?
yes
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
no
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 22

jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

modular1 wrote:

in plain terms..

using klc in logic pro as an au plug-in will require a universal binary software update only. this update will be free of charge.

yes or no?

thanks.

Based on above, the answer would be "no". You will need the RTAS-based code, which is what is being updated to UB. Either you'll buy the RTAS update w/dongle, or a seperate download-only version of that code. Each will have a cost, the code-only will be cheaper.....

regards,

Jerry
modular1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any idea how much this is gonna cost?

really peeved about this.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't finalized that, but it will be very cheap. At least from my perspective.

Question

A slight cost for going from original to UB should not be a cause for anger. At least from my perspective.

Regards,

Jerry
thracks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
We haven't finalized that, but it will be very cheap. At least from my perspective.

Question

A slight cost for going from original to UB should not be a cause for anger. At least from my perspective.

Regards,

Jerry

Me too!
Live 6
Logic Express 8
parma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:

Question

Regards,

Jerry

I don't mind paying a small upgrade fee. What I do mind is now having to buy a dongle to run software that previously didn't require it. That is BS in my opinion. Even if the dongle was free I'd still be angry. This is crap customer service. The software was sold to me without the need for a dongle and should remain that way. At this point, I'd like to sell my KLC but, of course, you guys don't allow license transfers (nice how you guys can fudge the license agreement by now requiring a dongle but I can't resell something I purchased legally).

If you guys are requiring a dongle to work with future versions, I think you should rethink your policy on transfers especially since I wouldn't be able to sell KLC and continue to use it because I won't have a dongle.

Shame on you
medazzaland

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: KLC my last Korg product ever Reply with quote

Here are my reasons why KLC 1 will be my last Korg product ever:

1. I can't agree more about the dongle policy, it is total BS. This will be my third dongle (Logic and Waves are already in place) and I bought KLC1 because it did not require a dongle.

2.There are Intel based Macs now for quite some time and to be still not out with an update is just terrible. I don't want to pay for a product with such lousy update support ever again.

3.Once again the way the update is handled. "so you don't own a dongle yet ? ok, only if you get one and the RTAS code you will be able to upgrade to Universal Binaries" . Could it get more complicated please KORG ?! And all this after you made us only wait so many months for this UB upgrade !

You should be thankful KORG that people are actually willing to continue to buy your stuff in the future after all this crap you put them through. This whole process has been worse than your web pages look and that is a hard job to pull off.

Bye bye Korg
Cone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read through the whole thread, and I'm shocked at how insensitive people in general are towards Korg. Now I'm not a fanboy or anything, but I appreciate the fact that Korg made many excellent instruments available in a modern plug-in format, threw in a lot of sounds and gave it a very reasonable price for what you get in the package.

It seems to me that the only people who get a moderately sticky end are those who got the original KLC and did not upgrade to KLC-DE. Korg made it very attractive to upgrade, and anybody who did that also got the Syncrosoft dongle (correct me if I'm wrong). Also, any Steinberg SX/SL/SE3 user has the Steinberg Key (which is a Syncrosoft dongle) anyway.

If the upgrade price is reasonable, as Korg has informed us that it is, the only reason to complain is principle. It is great that people have principles and they hold on to them, but the use of common sense is also recommendable.

I desired for the original KLC, but I stalled, and finally KLC-DE came out. I purchased it, and at the same time I also got Cubase SE3 and the Steinberg Key (had to buy it separately), and only later realized that I could have used the dongle that came with KLC-DE. But I just transferred my KLC-DE license to the Steinberg Key, and I really have no reason to complain.

September is a great month: new faster but cheaper iMacs, maybe a KLC-DE Universal Binary update, most likely Ableton Live 6.
cnegrad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people think that the only way to get what they want is to scream, yell and insult. Good luck with that.

Our Jazz CD: The Deanna Jones Orchestra: "Very First Dance"
http://www.deannajones.com

Our Christian CD: Jacob's Journey: "A Feather In His Hand"
http://www.jacobsjourney.com
parma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnegrad wrote:
Some people think that the only way to get what they want is to scream, yell and insult. Good luck with that.

ok Mr. Moral Superiority - I find YOUR post insulting as I have a legitimate gripe with Korg.
parma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cone wrote:
I just read through the whole thread, and I'm shocked at how insensitive people in general are towards Korg.

funny I was thinking how insensitive Korg is being towards some of its users. I have no desire to upgrade to the "Digital Edition" as I have no need for the M1. Therefore, I should not have to now, suddenly, need a dongle to run software that ran without one previously. If I owned the DE I suppose this wouldn't be a big deal but as I have no intention to own the DE this rubs me the wrong way.
cnegrad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I couldn't care less about immature people who are incapable of conducting their business relationships in a civilized manner. Give Korg some time. You should've done your homework and known better than to buy new technology before software developers were able to catch up. Even Microsoft Office isn't available in UB format yet.

And the reason that the update has a dongle is because Korg was forced to add it after seeing how many people downloaded kracked versions of the original version. I don't blame them a bit.

parma

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnegrad wrote:
And I couldn't care less about immature people who are incapable of conducting their business relationships in a civilized manner. Give Korg some time. You should've done your homework and known better than to buy new technology before software developers were able to catch up. Even Microsoft Office isn't available in UB format yet.

And the reason that the update has a dongle is because Korg was forced to add it after seeing how many people downloaded kracked versions of the original version. I don't blame them a bit.

I never said I had a problem with Korg not having a UB yet. I understand things like that take time. I do have a problem with introducing a dongle after a product has been released without one. And if you couldn't care less then why do you keep responding.

plus, one could argue that Korg isn't conducting business in a civilized manner
cnegrad
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parma wrote:
cnegrad wrote:

I do have a problem with introducing a dongle after a product has been released without one.

Well, basically Korg had two choices. One- To stop creating software due to the outright theft of it's product. Or Two- to copyprotect it's software with dongles.

Quote:
one could argue that Korg isn't conducting business in a civilized manner

One could, but one would be wrong.

Quote:
And if you couldn't care less then why do you keep responding.

You seem to think that this is a Korg owned website that has some sort of responsibility to answer all your questions. This is NOT a forum owned or run by Korg in any way. They just answer occasional questions of their own volition. If you really want to get a response from Korg (or at least get their attention), send them a direct email.

This website is a community of friends that have been together for many many years. We even contribute money to keep this website afloat. So if you want to be civil, feel free to hang out here, and interact with Korg all you want. But if you continue with the above behavior, you won't last here very long. Your choice...

parma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cnegrad wrote:
parma wrote:
cnegrad wrote:

I do have a problem with introducing a dongle after a product has been released without one.

Well, basically Korg had two choices. One- To stop creating software due to the outright theft of it's product. Or Two- to copyprotect it's software with dongles.

Quote:
one could argue that Korg isn't conducting business in a civilized manner

One could, but one would be wrong.

Quote:
And if you couldn't care less then why do you keep responding.

You seem to think that this is a Korg owned website that has some sort of responsibility to answer all your questions. This is NOT a forum owned or run by Korg in any way. They just answer occasional questions of their own volition. If you really want to get a response from Korg (or at least get their attention), send them a direct email.

This website is a community of friends that have been together for many many years. We even contribute money to keep this website afloat. So if you want to be civil, feel free to hang out here, and interact with Korg all you want. But if you continue with the above behavior, you won't last here very long. Your choice...

I must admit that I did assume that this was a Korg owned site as they link to it from the korguser.net page AND Korg representatives seem to frequently post here.

With that said, I did ask one question (will the UB update require a dongle?) which WAS answered by a Korg rep (Jerry). I never asked another question. I did, however, express my opinion on the matter (this is a FORUM afterall). I do not expect nor have I ever demanded Korg respond to my opinions. You seem to be the only one concerned with responding to me. As for civility, insinuating that I'm a whiner and a troublemaker (Some people think that the only way to get what they want is to scream, yell and insult. Good luck with that.) because I have a legitimate complaint hardly seems civil to me.
KennyJenkins

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to hijack this thread, but are you guys [KORG] ever planning on offering a crossgrade to people who bought the Digital Edition, but not the original KLC? I would like to get it, but don't want the controller, and at this point I would want it to be Universal Binary.
kenny!
happy digital user, unhappy legacy coveter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: