Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Energy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BIF2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellas, my BS detector is going off, with the needle firmly pegged at the "Snake Oil" mark.

But we'll see what happens in July!
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote from Steorn's web site: "Steorn is a leading Intellectual Property development company". I find it telling that there are no published "Intellectual Property" patent applications in Steorn's name. Not one. Not in Europe. Not in the USA. Nowhere. That the above claim is untrue is self-evident. Search the USPTO and EPO application databases if you don't believe me!

There is according to Steorn a "Jury" of the 12 most prominent scientists in the world who are evaluating Steorn's technology right now. Fine, so who are they? Gissa list. Maybe we even heard of one or two of them. Again it's telling that no list of "Jury" members has been published. What possible justifiable reason is there for not publishing the list of those who have been selected?

Having shown that one claim published by Steorn is an outright lie, and that another claim is unjustifiably vague, is it likely that their major claim of an invention that spits on Albert Einstein's life work is true?

And even if they have proved Albert Einstein wrong, don't you think they'd have let out a little hint by now, about which of Einsten's equations contained the mistake?
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Search the USPTO and EPO application databases if you don't believe me!

That would be pointless since Patent offices such as the U.S. Patent Office, European Patent Office and the UK Intellectual Property Office have a policy of not issuing patents for devices that are alleged to operate in contravention of well established physical laws, including perpetual motion devices.

As for Albert Einstein. Once upon a time it took a guy called Christopher Columbus to prove to the best minds in his land that the world was not flat.

This is no different.

Give them time. They said it will be on display next month, so... lets see what happens then.

Regards.
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mhhh.... Shall we start betting? Wink Laughing

I bet it is a Hoax, by this I mean a marketing stunt, whereby their major claims will prove false, unsustainable.
BIF2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am remembering the many hoaxes, most recently in the area of genetics and cloning.

I hope that this is not the same sort of thing, but as I said before, my BS detector has been triggered. We will see in July, I am thinking that this probably is a hoax.

Hoaxes and scams are extremely detrimental to human advancement because they undermine public faith and willingness to financially support outside-the-box thinking, science, methodologies, technologies, and techniques.

Hey, look at the biggest hoax out there: "Go-L" computers. They still have a website, but just try to find somebody, anybody who has successfully ordered (and received) a computer from them!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the magnitude of the claim being made, yes it's certainly possible it's a hoax. But when you research the company, there's no reason on earth why they would take on such business suicide unless they actually have something to shock the world.

If it's a hoax, the company will be destroyed. So I see no reason why they would take the risk in pulling such a scam.

Personally, I have lots of hope for these guys. The world needs this badly.

Regards.
Sharp.
BIF2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope is fine. I hope, too.

But blind-faith should be reserved for marriages and religions. Smile
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile It's not so much blind faith. It's more like.... “There is no spoon”.

For those who don't get that, it's from the Matrix and it basically means anything is possible if you put your mind to it.

If history has thought us anything, it would be that anything is possible given the will and time to develop it or the technology.

Regards.
Sharp.
baldo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we don;t want to believe our own conceived laws of physics but... this fellow (he is a true fellow phd) ihas a phd in Nuclear physics and electrical engineering. He has taught @ university and is well published. He comments that it is...

Never going to happen! They mention that ORBO violates the principle of conservation of energy; also that it realizes a perpetual motion machine. Well, there also is the Third Law of Thermodynamics, which they do not mention and which puts the kibosh on perpetual motion machines.

At best they have an efficient energy converter. The reviews will be instructional.

if you have some doubts regarding his opinion post them and i'll retreive an answer from him...
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, well my understanding is this:

Quote:
It has to to do with thermodynamics, 2nd law.... the total entropy of any isolated thermodynamic system tends to increase over time, approaching a maximum value entropy

Bottom line is this, if they are correct with their paradigma, they would have defied principle laws of physics.

In Lehmans terms, you can not get more energy out of a system than you put in. Put it this way, if you burn a piece of charcoal, the inherent energy is transformed into heat, the heat you get out is never more than the inherent energy in the piece of charcoal, on top you need energy to get this heat out of the charcoal, and exactly this, admittedly on a tiny level, they claim to have found to be different in their setup.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, there's a distinct difference to the laws of physics that we currently know, and the REAL laws of physics that occur in nature that we don't yet know.

There are many things that we don't know much about, or things that we can't directly measure (yet), but which have huge and integral influence on the world around us without us necessarily knowing or being aware of them. Dark matter, for one instance.

I think it would be arrogant to assume that we know ALL the laws of physics, and to therefore categorically state things definately aren't possible. Our laws of physics will only ever be theories, we'll never be able to prove them. Naturally, the more times that observations of reactions comply with our theories the greater the confidence in them. However, it takes only one mismatch where the result doesn't conform to our theoretical predictions to force us to abandon previous theories and to attempt to seek new theories to fit the new observations.

From 'A Brief History Of Time' by Stephen Hawking...

Quote:
"Very accurate observations of the planet Mercury revealed a small difference between its motion and the predictions of Newton's theory of gravity. Einstein's general theory of relativity predicted a slightly different motion from Newton's theory. The fact that Einstein's predictions matched what was seen, while Newton's did not, was one of the crucial confirmations of the new theory. However we still use Newton's theory for all practical purposes because the difference between its predictions and those of general relativity is very small in the situations that we normally deal with. Newton's theory also has the advantage that it is much simpler to work with than Einstein's!"

I'm not saying that the so-called ORBO technology will give us free-energy, in fact I am extremely doubtful that it will (merely going on existing scientific theories/predictions), but, really, who am I to make any preconceived judgement? I don't know anything about it, and info is scant. However, I'm sure we'd all love to be proved wrong.

It's good that these things challenge the scientific community and try to push the boundaries of human understanding of the environment we live in, and I believe we still have to retain an open mind about all things scientific.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://freeenergytracker.blogspot.com

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Y2qCssSnfV8

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/article2737932.ece

http://www.i4u.com/article9971.html
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the engineering and scientific aspects of this, I like the idea that these guys are a small Irish company rather than an American, Japanese, German or Chinese industrial giant. There's something delightfully unconventional about that and I suspect that if it does work that their altruistic view about sharing this with developing nations etc. could be an important social development.

Daz.
silverdragonsound
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz wrote:
Outside of the engineering and scientific aspects of this, I like the idea that these guys are a small Irish company rather than an American, Japanese, German or Chinese industrial giant. There's something delightfully unconventional about that and I suspect that if it does work that their altruistic view about sharing this with developing nations etc. could be an important social development.

Daz.

Daz this is a great point and something that is very easily overlooked base upon the potential of something of this magnitude. Socially and economically this could play out in a very interesting way. Lets hope your aforementioned countries don't attempt to takeover or force some kind of buyout with their influence and power.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lets hope your aforementioned countries don't attempt to takeover or force some kind of buyout with their influence and power.

What worries me the most is that 2/3rd of the worlds economy is Energy / Fuel, mostly all traded in American $$$.

So, I wonder what will happen if this technology takes this away. Where will this leave Americas economy ?

I hope the time is right and that we have evolved enough to realise that money is not the future of mankind, and that we NEED this technology to survive.

Regards.
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: