Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Energy.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Free Energy. Reply with quote

Hi all.

I’m placing this in the latest news section because I feel it’s exciting news, even if it has nothing to do with music Smile

This is my second time hearing about this, only this time it was on Sky News and I had the opportunity to catch it all, and the name of the company behind this.

Basically an Irish company called Steorn have built a device that outputs more energy than it requires to run.

Yep….Free Energy.

If these claims are for real, it will change the world.
http://www.steorn.net
I guess we will also find out very soon as the best scientists in the world have been invited to examine the device and it’s research.

Regards.
Sharp.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a tough claim (albeit only with regards to our current scientific knowledge). If so, it would be a revolution so large that it would change mankind as a whole, having implications for the human race far beyond anything ever before. But, er, that's putting the cart before the horse.

Is there any info on the technology used? The concept? The website is naturally scant on info/details.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Timo.

Right now information is pretty scarce as the scientists that have already tested the device are afraid to say anything due to the fact that this defies the laws of physics.

Also look at it this way, Steorn have actually invented the worst thing any “company” could invent from a business point of view. With 2/3 of the world’s economy based on Energy, there will be million of seriously rich and powerful people out there hell bent on making sure Steorn fail.

Fact is it has already started. Steorn have already started to receive threats by post and email.

Greed is at large in this world, and while these guys have probably actually invented the worlds most important device ever, they are in for a very difficult time ahead.

Anyway, for the moment there’s plenty reading on their website, and I guess since there’s only more day left when Scientists can sigh up, the evaluation of this technology is about to be either proven or disprove.

I just hope that greed does not get in the way of progress. Humanity needs this device to succeed.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While it would be amazing if it were true, I don't think I'll be holding my breath. Devices like this seem to get invented every couple of years. So far none of them have actually worked. That whole "defying the laws of physics" thing really tends to throw a monkey wrench into it.
higskies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistically speaking, we are STILL in our technological adolescence as a global community, and these steps towards a clean efficient energy are wonderful. Maybe someday we will be able to power the entire globe without any pollution whatsoever. This is a goal that must be accomplished soon, and it's good to know that intelligent people are working towards it.
Korg TR, Legacy DE, padKontrol, M-Audio Axiom, Alesis QS7.1, Yamaha YS-200, Casio VZ-8M, Roland D-110, E-mu ESI-32, Absynth 3, FM7, Live 7, Sonar Producer 7, PreSonus Firepod interface, KRK Rokit5 monitors, Focusrite/Behringer/PreSonus preamps, Rode/Blue/Shure mics, kazoos?, Fender Telecaster, Danelectro U2, Epiphone Les Paul Studio, VOX/Peavey/Gorilla amps, Sigma DY10 Acoustic
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am following this as well with a healthy portion of scepticism.

It has to to do with thermodynamics, 2nd law.... the total entropy of any isolated thermodynamic system tends to increase over time, approaching a maximum value entropy

Bottom line is this, if they are correct with their paradigma, they would have defied principle laws of physics.

In Lehmans terms, you can not get more energy out of a system than you put in. Put it this way, if you burn a piece of charcoal, the inherent energy is transformed into heat, the heat you get out is never more than the inherent energy in the piece of charcoal, on top you need energy to get this heat out of the charcoal, and exactly this, admittedly on a tiny level, they claim to have found to be different in their setup.

Well frankly, I find this more than unlikely, but I stand to be corrected, and would love to be wrong on that in deed.

I still think the most likely form to distribute energy to people on the globe could be cold fusion.

I am not going to speculate that this news is a marketing stunt, as I think this would be unfair to the people behind it at this stage, and if it turns out to be one, their reputation in the scientific world is damaged beyond any chance of healing.

My bottom line is this, if this company has found the "perpetuum mobile", I would question their sanity to go the road they obviously chose instead of colaborating with much more reputable laboraties around the owrld, Max Planck comes to mind.

Very interesting story in deed, just imagine it for a second to be true.... Smile

Last edited by laughing_bear on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:27 am; edited 2 times in total
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.... as we are witnessing the war's on global oil .... even more so....

Can I just say this please....

We are approaching, I think we surpassed it, one trillion, that is 1000 billion USD, on the global scale of weapon expenditure....

Staggering!

If you take into perspective and proportion, the human death on this globe that is happening on scales something like 210.000 per week under the age of 5, yup.... 30K per day, and ask how much is needed to avoid that, you would be "staggered" to know how little really would be required, I bet....!

....if you ever happen to question the "human energy balance account aspect" that is, as a matter of course.... Smile

Energy.... is a basic requirement for surrvival, the free distribution of energy, speaking in other terms, could provide a platform for fearless understanding of interdependancy!

....sidenote.... what worries me the most these days, is the increase of "fear" in general. It is heavily abused in politics, again, utilized as a tool of ....____fill in what you know____ ....end sidenote....

As Ghandi said, so eloquently, an eye for an eye.... guess what.... blindness is the result! Wink
andries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this would be true - BP or SHELL would buy the company and burn it down.

in the 60" philips had a patent for a lamp that had a 25 years lifetime and cost the same as a normal lamp. this "superlamp" was never made, of course.

it's not a technical thing - it's all about marketing, money and the interests of the big companies.

Brick wall
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just thought I would revisit this old thread and let you know that due the claims being made and the seriousness of all this that Steorn have decided to hold a public demonstration of the technology next month in London.

All of which will be broadcast live across the internet too.
http://www.steorn.com/orbo/validation/
Have a look at the video uploaded in April.

They still appear to be confident that they have invented free energy. 3d Faint

Regards.
Sharp.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually been visiting their website regularly out of curiosity, since you first posted it here last year.

Seems out of the 5000 applicants, only 22 are the scientists they wanted to put it through the mill, so to speak.

Info is scant so I can't begin to make my mind up, but will be keeping tabs on it nonetheless.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it doesnt end up like the organ donar show. Wink
keys

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuclear fusion is the way!!! colliding hydrogen and oxygen atoms at speeds faster than light fusing them together...process generates heat, to drive turbines...waste product??? = water!!!
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
nuclear fusion is the way!!!

I would hope not. That way your back to depending on companies to supply the power to you at the maximum amount of profit they can get away with.

With what Steorn are at, this would be a mechanical device that you simply buy as a once off item and it powers what ever it was designed for. For example, you buy one for your home and you never pay another electrical pill ever again.

Or you buy a mobile phone that has one inside and you never need to plug the phone in ever again.

Cool huh !!! It gives you that break from Industry and your needs to be supplied by electricity from them.

Regards.
Sharp.
laughing_bear
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about cold fusion as the most viable way into the future.

Sharp, there are many such things all over the internet claiming this and claiming that, I would not be astonished to learn that they come to.... nothing at all....

But let's wait and see the results in July.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote: With what Steorn are at, this would be a mechanical device that you simply buy as a once off item and it powers what ever it was designed for. For example, you buy one for your home and you never pay another electrical pill ever again.

Or you buy a mobile phone that has one inside and you never need to plug the phone in ever again.

Cool huh !!! It gives you that break from Industry and your needs to be supplied by electricity from them.

And that's exactly why I doubt this, like the Philips light bulb, everlasting tyres, non-laddering pantyhose, etc., will ever see the light of day. Sad really. isn't it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: