Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free Energy.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
xmlguy wrote:
Here's a very revealing message from Sean/Steorn about his attitude:

http://www.steorn.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=62643&page=1#Item_39

"However I really am not that interested in how you think we should have tested it. The test shown are conclusive proof of OU or Fraud. Take your pick."

OK. I pick Fraud. That was easy. We'll see how many of his paying customers produce a commercially viable free electric generator. I'll bet he'll be exposed soon enough by those people who discover they've been scammed the hard way.

His attitude towards people who say horrible things about him is to be commended. He has shown tons of restraint. Just my 2 cents.

Even if he was an ignorant pig, so long as Orbo is real, that's all that matters.

Regards
Sharp.

Hi Sharp,

The specific person he was responding to did not say any horrible things about him and appeared to be asking a perfectly cordial and reasonable question about what someone would be allowed to test.

His response was completely inappropriate. Click the link, read the messages from MontyMole to show what he said that deserved such a response. I don't see anything but a reasonable question.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi xmlguy

Oh man you would have to be following that place for a while to know what has gone on over there. Lots of old faces and lots of past history. Have you seen the jokes about the Village of the Banned or the place "they do not talk about" which is mentioned on the forum very often ? It's here http://www.moletrap.co.uk/forum/?CategoryID=15

That's where all the banned people hangout now over their crazy behaviour.

If the official forums don't quieten down, you can bet Steorn will close it. They did it before and they will do it again if need be.

Anyway, my point is there is lots of history there you probably wouldn't know about, so let me just say that Sean has the patience of a saint.

Regards
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet Sean deserves much disrespect because of his "take it or leave it" attitude about his demonstrations. What should he expect? He make huge claims yet leads people on forever to get details that would clearly prove his case, then gives a 15 minute "presentation" that could not possibly be sufficient to answer the honest and reasonable questions those of us have to validate his claims.

If his claims of 3:1 power output:input are true, I can think of many ways that would simply demonstrate it.

Eliminate the battery. Put a hand crank DC generator for the input. Build a capacitive storage circuit and voltage regulator on the output. Have the output fed back to the storage circuit, with the excess used to feed a different storage circuit that can drive a load, like the 100W light bulb that timo described. This isn't too hard to do.

The demonstration would then be easy. Crank the gen for a while until the Orbo runs continuously, then watch the excess keep the light going.

But I think I know why he can't and won't do this. It won't work because he doesn't have overunity. He's either deceived himself or he's lying. I think he knows he's a fraud, based on how he has operated through the whole process. He has everything to lose by giving the details before he receives the money from the developers he seems to be defrauding. All he needs to do is string people along with enough details to get them to decide it's worth paying to get the plans. When they fail to reproduce the excess power he claims, he'll blame them saying they didn't build it right. Maybe he'll try to string them along some more with a new version that's better and easier. On and on it will go until everyone realizes it was a fraud all along.

Eventually people will trace back to his demonstrations and it will become apparent how he manipulated them to get them to believe the fraud. Then they'll wonder how they were so easily fooled. The money will be gone. See what kind of car he drives, where he lives, how much he's spending on his lifestyle. There it all went. It was fun while it lasted. He'll do some time, write a book about it, and live off the royalties.

I've given a way he can prove me wrong. He doesn't care. I'm not one of his developers sending him money.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yet Sean deserves much disrespect because of his "take it or leave it" attitude about his demonstrations. What should he expect? He make huge claims yet leads people on forever to get details that would clearly prove his case, then gives a 15 minute "presentation" that could not possibly be sufficient to answer the honest and reasonable questions those of us have to validate his claims.

I'm not going to disagree with you, all I can add is that he has only started doing that since Saturday and he said straight out why. In his eyes he has demonstrated OU and so there are only two possible comes.

1: He used tampered equipment,

or

2: He demonstrated clear proof of OU.

Quote:
If his claims of 3:1 power output:input are true, I can think of many ways that would simply demonstrate it.

Me too, but none of what we could suggest would make his own test obsolete either. It is a valid method to test Orbo, the problem is it just leave too many variables open to discussion and Sean is currently withholding this information.

Until I see raw input VS output data / figures I can sink my teeth into, I remain undecided.

Quote:
Eliminate the battery. Put a hand crank DC generator for the input. Build a capacitive storage circuit and voltage regulator on the output. Have the output fed back to the storage circuit, with the excess used to feed a different storage circuit that can drive a load, like the 100W light bulb that timo described. This isn't too hard to do.

I agree, but Sean would dodge that bullet in the classic manner he skips over anything that suggest it should have been done a different way. He will tell you that they are not in the business of manufacturing generators, they are demonstrating the effect.

Quote:
But I think I know why he can't and won't do this. It won't work because he doesn't have overunity. He's either deceived himself or he's lying. I think he knows he's a fraud, based on how he has operated through the whole process. He has everything to lose by giving the details before he receives the money from the developers he seems to be defrauding. All he needs to do is string people along with enough details to get them to decide it's worth paying to get the plans. When they fail to reproduce the excess power he claims, he'll blame them saying they didn't build it right. Maybe he'll try to string them along some more with a new version that's better and easier. On and on it will go until everyone realizes it was a fraud all along.

Maybe, I haven't ruled anything out myself. I'm purely staying totally open minded about all this until I have enough facts to make up my mind.

I totally expected to be able to decide from watching the last experiment, so I'm bitterly disappointed. At this stage I have to wait for the German company to release their independent report because they are in no way restricted in what they publish.

That and people who just threw down 400 Euro for that SKDB.

It's clear to me at this point proof of OU will never come from Steorn because they are withholding information to sell SKDB licences. So I wait for the third party verification which starts this week.

Either way the long wait is over. Orbo will be exposed for what it is very soon. I just hope for the sake of the world it's an OU device.

Quote:
Eventually people will trace back to his demonstrations and it will become apparent how he manipulated them to get them to believe the fraud. Then they'll wonder how they were so easily fooled. The money will be gone. See what kind of car he drives, where he lives, how much he's spending on his lifestyle. There it all went. It was fun while it lasted. He'll do some time, write a book about it, and live off the royalties.

lol... you forgot the movie.

We will see.

Regards
Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
I agree, but Sean would dodge that bullet in the classic manner he skips over anything that suggest it should have been done a different way. He will tell you that they are not in the business of manufacturing generators, they are demonstrating the effect.

I do laugh every time I hear him say "we aren't in the business of...".

Well maybe he SHOULD BE, if his claims are true.

"We've invented a lead to gold converter, but we're not in the business of making gold, we're only in the business of licensing lead converters."

Think about it...if his claims are true, he shouldn't have said one word about it and then produced a black box that generates more power than it consumes. He could sell as many as he could make. There are no strange, expensive resources needed to make his product. He could convert his electric producer into a virtual money making machine.

But now here's another theory about why he could be perpetrating a fraud: He doesn't care about the money he gets from developers AT ALL. It's the millions in venture capital that he's spending and trying to raise - and he needs these demonstrations and the developer money merely to legitimize the other money he's already received. The ORBO could be a red herring.
undercover

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
It's clear to me at this point proof of OU will never come from Steorn because they are withholding information to sell SKDB licences. So I wait for the third party verification which starts this week.

Either way the long wait is over. Orbo will be exposed for what it is very soon. I just hope for the sake of the world it's an OU device.

Won't happen. I guarantee you (and this is pure speculation) that the licensing will come with some non-disclosure clauses. The licensees will not be legally permitted to reveal anything, lest they be sued.

This is how licensing "real" tech works, so there's no reason licensing "fake" tech wouldn't be like this either, otherwise the cover would get blown within days.

He can also easily skirt claims it doesnt work by blaming the licensees as incapable of getting it to work properly, etc.

There are so many "outs" in this scam.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The terms are detailed on their website, but they leave everything to interpretation. Crying or Very sad

http://www.steorn.com/skdb/legals/developer-license.aspx

http://www.steorn.com/skdb/legals/tos.aspx

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to smell a huge rat here now.
Still no third party verification from the German labs. Mad

Also no sign of Steorn on their own forums at all the last 2 weeks.

Sharp.
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean is probably very busy trying to string along the investors. It could be rather time consuming, trying to figure out how to convert fraud into gold.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling the number of investors is Zero.

There was a bit of commotion over on the official forums yesterday when the babbling idiot who we saw in that last video was banned from the SKDB forum for breaking his NDA more than once.

Seems the world is that no new people have signed up for the SKDB and that everyone in there right now are all non paying members who have been part of the developers program for a while.

How much of that is true is hard to know though. He was banned though for sure.

Regards
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the following email.

Quote:
Testing - Orbo Technology Update

On 30th January 2010 Steorn announced that it would make Orbo technology available for testing at the Waterways Visitor Centre.

Since then Steorn has been hosting third-party testing and finalising calorimetry tests. This third-party testing will continue until the end of February.

Steorn will make the results of the calorimetry tests available alongside other test data in the coming weeks. These results will be pivotal to a widespread uptake of Developer (and ultimately, Commercial) Licenses. Steorn will open the SKDB to the general engineering community after these test results have been released.

Developers wishing to come and test Orbo technology at the Waterways should make a booking at http://www.steorn.com/demo/bookings/
sipa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello

Did some research on steorn.
I found this article from rational wiki. Notice the reference to the third-party expert panel jury's decision.

The link doesn't work here is another blog entry about the subject, but it links too to the dead link.
Here is quote from said jury report.
Article on Irish Times.

When something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

Cheers
- sipa
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sipa

Those articles are very inaccurate. The Jury report was never released and the main reason why they broke up was because Steorn never even provided them with with a device to test and measure. The jury just got total frustrated with Steorn and gave up.

The Orbo of then looks nothing like the Orbo of now either. Back then it was a fragile little thing that ran on watch bearings.

There's nothing anyone can do right now other than wait yet again until the end of this month and the third party results from the German labs are released.

It's frustrating I know, but there's nothing else that can be really discussed until then.

Regards
Sharp.
sipa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp

The fact they didn't provide jury with anything concrete is in itself highly suspicious, why get jury at all if they're not going to allow them to get to work. Only thing that comes into my mind is that they know they don't have anything to offer, but this is only speculation. Honestly I don't believe any gadget using electromagnets will not answer to the energy question, rather it will be orbital solar array or fusion reactor.

Cheers
- sipa
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The fact they didn't provide jury with anything concrete is in itself highly suspicious, why get jury at all if they're not going to allow them to get to work.

Steorn only have themselves to blame for their complete lack of ability to provide a working unit. If you look at the Orbo of then and compare it to the ones in Dublin now, they are nothing alike. Design wise is has matured massively so really only now Orbo is ready for third party testing.

Quote:
Only thing that comes into my mind is that they know they don't have anything to offer, but this is only speculation.

I honestly believe we are only days away from getting to the truth at this point. It all boils down to the Calorimetry from the German Lab which is due for release now.

If it's not released, it's a scam.
If it is release and does not verify Steorns claim, it's a scam.
If it is released and does verify Steorns claim, well..... I can only dream how that will effect the world.

Quote:
Honestly I don't believe any gadget using electromagnets will not answer to the energy question, rather it will be orbital solar array or fusion reactor.

I hope Orbo is real because Solar farms or fusion reactors won't give us free energy in the sense the world needs it. You will be still charged for it by companies selling it.

Orbo on the other hand is something you could have upstairs in your attic so you would be totally off the grid.

Cheers
Sharp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: