Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IntelMac Users?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: IntelMac Users? Reply with quote

What are you guys doing with your new MacPro's/MacIntel? I really I'm wondering if going G5 now until more SW makes the cross over to UB.

I've been a PC user for 6 years. And I need to build a new composing system, but how much work could I actually be able to do on one if there's hardly any Korg drivers, editors, or music apps developed yet.

It's a real issue for me as I'm in the posistion to put a new system together, but it's looks like if I want it to function I'll have to put off and go G5. I have read quite a few posts about people voicing there serious concern that we need support. Word has it that it could take a long time before this development happens.

Now's not a great time to build a Mac muse o system me thinks. Crying or Very sad

What do you think about all this?

Last edited by Triton Lounger on Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were using a MacPro with Logic, Live or Digital performance and RME or MOTU audio interfaces ... you would be good to go. I think that stuff is quite stable now.

The Legacy Digital UB plugins are here now and the MS20/Polysix are just around the corner. The editors (I think) run under Rosetta.

I think buying a PowerMac G5 now will not be as cost effective as buying a MacPro. If I was in the same situation I would get the MacPro and DP5 or Logic and that would be enough to keep me going for a few months until all the other guys not only have UB but also stable UB.

Of course you can just boot the MacPro to Windows if you get really stuck and just use it as a very powerful PC Cool

What key things for you are not UB yet ?

Daz.
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to update this thread....

Thanks Daz for your input. I went ahead and got the MacBook Pro and Logic Pro 7. I'm sure I'll have my hands full with Logic for the time being.

And since Oct.06 many more companies are making the IntelMac switch over so, it's really going to be a non issue soon.

I couldn't be happier with my decision.
terry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Intel Macs/ kontrol49 users Reply with quote

I think perhaps I've found one root to this problem of Macbook/intel with
Logic7 not recognizing the kontrol49. I think it has something to do with the drivers.
I would guess that each of us with this problem are using a mixing board
with midi capabilities. I have a Mackie Onyx 1640 with firewire. With this
set-up I must use the Mackie Onyx driver which I have installed for audio
device. The Korg49 does not plug directly into the Onyx mixer but it's output is heard after it goes through the Macbook then into the mixing board which has a headphone output. One of you computer experts out there may see the problem here although I don't have the experience with computer drivers to figure this problem out.
As you the reader might know the kontrol49 driver installation booklet
says to not use the korg49 midi drivers but instead to use the Mac's driver. If this is the case why have the new kontrol49 1.08 midi driver download if we're not to use it. Am I on to something here? Can
anyone help.
And by the way I have been able to use the Korg software keyboards.
Am I getting close to finding our problem or is this another blind alley?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: