Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

splitting the keyboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parkster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: splitting the keyboard Reply with quote

Hi does anyone know if its possible (and if so how) to split the keyboard to play two different patches. i.e. The lower half = patch a1 the upper half patch = c3

I take it is, is just I can't work out how to do it and find the ms2000 manual a bit of a nightmare.

Thanks very much for any help anyone can give!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Parkster,

Good news ... it's a possible ! Smile Bad news ... it's a little fiddly.

Here's the procedure :

Firstly select and write down the two sound programs you want to use for the split, one for the left side and one for the right. Both of these sounds should be 'Single' programs.

Now select a program (e.g. F002) that will be 'sacrificed' to create the new split sound. This program will be overwritten by our new split program, so careful which program you choose.

Hit the Edit button and go to page 1A and set Mode to Split. On pages 1B and 1C you can set how voices will assigned to each half of
the split and also where the split point is on the keyboard.

Now go to Page 26C "CopyTimbre" and copy the first sound you selected. That will copy to Timbre1. Now press the Timbre Select button so LED #2 lights and go to page P26C and copy the second sound you selected. That will be copied to Timbre2.

You now have your new split sound. Don't forget to save it Wink

HTH,

Daz.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did that work for you ?
rubberuniverse

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: A note about vocoders and splits Reply with quote

Hi Daz,

I'm a long-time subscriber to the MS2000 Yahoo! group, and finally found this. Glad to have it around!

Let me add that I spent a couple hours in vain trying to set up a split keyboard trying to use one of the vocoder patches (the factory ensemble patch) as a timbre.

I finally realized that the patch I selected to write over would have to be set to "vocoder" in the voice settings, which negates any hope of splitting the keyboard. So, you can't split a vocoder program, nor can you use a vocoder patch as a timbre in another non-vocoder program. Perhaps this will save someone some time down the road.
Muzicman17

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wiat........... is it possible to split the keys on a mircokorg??

cuase thats what i own and that would be way sweet. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: