Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

microKorg led display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rupertpenguin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:46 am    Post subject: microKorg led display Reply with quote

Hey...I'm new to the microkorg and I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way to show the bpm on the led display....tempo is very important in a lot of what I'm recording currently and I want to use some samples, but don't want to have to try to match the blinkey light.

Also, is there ANY way to access any sort of tap tempo on this synth?

thanks!
eduardoborem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: microKorg led display Reply with quote

rupertpenguin wrote:

Also, is there ANY way to access any sort of tap tempo on this synth?

I have the same wish: control bpm through tap tempo!

Is there anyway? Via midi and a sustain pedal to send start/stop midi information?

Thanks in advance
GORADIO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... same problem... I love my microKORG but if I could change one thing abuot it I'd give it a tap input and a bpm display... is there anyway an external MIDI clock can do this? I've not looked into them...

Thanks

NATHAN
pafufta816

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i wish that it would show the BPM when you tweak the Tempo knob. my TR 707 does this and it's almost 20 years older than microKORG is : /. it would make alot of things alot easier, especially if i use the mK as a midi master (which i don't do because i can't be sure what the exact tempo is that i'm using).
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use your 707's clock to drive the MicroKorg's clock then. MIDI OUT from 707 to MIDI IN on MicroKorg. Consult manuals as required but I'm sure it can work... Cool
GORADIO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can you get MIDI clocks on their own (such as a small box with just a MIDI -out), rather than using a drum machine or software? If so, could you get a MIDI clock with a tap tempo?
pafufta816

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky recordo wrote:
Use your 707's clock to drive the MicroKorg's clock then. MIDI OUT from 707 to MIDI IN on MicroKorg. Consult manuals as required but I'm sure it can work... Cool
brilliant f*cking plan : ). i never actually thought of that.

do you have a good tutorial for driving the midi clock with an external midi device? i'm new to using complicated midi features, so this is all slightly difficult to me.
ricky recordo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey pafufta,

I'll have to exhume the MicroKorg's manual from under the rubble of this mess unless you have one handy. I don't recall whether the 707 defaults to MIDI MASTER clock or to MIDI SLAVE. Either way,I do recall that there is a short sequence of "SHIFT" then press "X" on the front panel. Let me dig them out later tonight and maybe you'll get that tutorial. Must party with neighbours at campfire first Very Happy

BTW I know it'll work for sure because I remember using the 707's clock to drive another drum machine before. Piece of cake
pafufta816

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricky recordo wrote:
Hey pafufta,

I'll have to exhume the MicroKorg's manual from under the rubble of this mess unless you have one handy. I don't recall whether the 707 defaults to MIDI MASTER clock or to MIDI SLAVE. Either way,I do recall that there is a short sequence of "SHIFT" then press "X" on the front panel. Let me dig them out later tonight and maybe you'll get that tutorial. Must party with neighbours at campfire first Very Happy

BTW I know it'll work for sure because I remember using the 707's clock to drive another drum machine before. Piece of cake
awesome, it's been a few weeks, but i'm still interested in pursuing this feature.

TR-707 manual is online here, public domain. sounds like you've had experience with the 707 and MIDI. do you know of a good tutorial online for using an external MIDI device to drive the mK? i would just need help setting up my 707 to do this, i can set-up the mK without a problem.

thanks for the replies though, it's got me thinking about alot of possibilities and expiraments i could do.
Thomas A.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pafufta816 wrote:
yeah, i wish that it would show the BPM when you tweak the Tempo knob.

The Microkorg shows the current BPM in the LED display. You have to turn the edit switch to ARPEG. A and move the first knob (Tempo).
reeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"exhume" rofl Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: