Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RADIAS OS FAQ
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: RADIAS OS FAQ Reply with quote

FAQ last updated on July 26th 2007

What is the latest version ?

The latest version is 1.07

UPDATE: the new Radias OS 2.0 will be available wordwide shortly and this FAQ will be updated accordingly. See the following thread for more details about OS 2.0 : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27862

How can I tell what version I currently have ?

Turn on the Power Switch of the RADIAS while holding the [MASTER FX ON],
[Cursor(Up/Left)], and [Cursor(Down/Right)] keys (all at the same time).

The version information will be displayed on the RADIAS LCD screen :

USR : Ver 1.01
PCM : Ver 1.01

In this case the OS version is 1.02. Now turn the RADIAS and back on again to resume normal operation.

The RADIAS OS updater program will also tell you whether you need to do an update, by automagically checking the OS version for you.

Where can I download the tools to update to OS version 1.07

For Windows : http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Update/Radias/RADIAS_Updater_0107.zip
For Mac OS X : http://www.korg-datastorage.jp/Update/Radias/RADIAS_Updater_0107.dmg

{ edit 26th July 2007 : the updater are now available from the Korg.com site : http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1312 }

These packages contain the program that actually performs the update via USB/MIDI and also instructions in Japanese and English (files ending with _e)

The whole process takes about 10 minutes.

I've seen updaters for version 1.04 and version 1.07, do I have to update to 1.04 and then 1.07?

No, each RADIAS OS update contains all the changes included in previous versions. So if you run the 1.07 updater you'll get all the 1.04 fixes too.

Will the OS update overwrite my programs ?

When I updated from OS 1.02 to 1.07, it didn't overwrite my programs. However you should back up your programs anyway using the supplied RADIAS editor (I did). Using the RADIAS Editor to perform a backup of your programs prior to doing the OS update also verifies that your USB connectivity to the RADIAS is working correctly, which is useful to know before performing the OS update as it uses the same connectivity.

What has been changed/fixed in the various OS versions ?

Version 1.04 changes

- Notes from RD-KB may have been only occasionally late. It has been fixed.

Version 1.07 changes

- When RADIAS-R receive MIDI clock from the outside (Global "Clock"
parameter is Auto, Ext-USB, or Ext-MIDI),
the Note On/Off message from RADIAS-KB was not occasionally received.
It has been fixed.

- When RADIAS-R receive MIDI Sequencer Start message from the outside
(Global "Clock" parameter is Auto, Ext-USB, or Ext-MIDI , and Vocoder
"Modulator" parameter is FrmntPly), occasionally trouble has occurred.
It has been fixed.

- a few low-level software bugs have been fixed.

Last edited by Daz on Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
gdh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz - thanks for this, my question is that I am getting promted to put the radias in update mode - I don't have the manual with me as I left it on the other side of the country on a recent trip. Not that it matters but I am using an Edirol USB midi interface that works with the radias but not my Voyager while on my iMac (OSX 10.2.Cool it works fine with my XP laptop.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions for getting into Update mode are in the docs that come with the update package rather than the main manual itself. It's the same power up key sequence that shows the version number detailed above. I know you rely on your gear for your performance, so tread carefully. Read those docs again - I read 'em a few times myself before doing the update Smile

Daz.
gdh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definately backup all my patches - thanks.
chordial
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a litle something to add, it needs the Korg USB driver v1.08, mine was 1.06.

USB-MIDI Driver version 1.08 (Windows)
Please download and install this USB midi driver if you use any of the current Korg products that have a USB device built in.
This driver is for Windows XP Home/Professional SP2
Windows XP x64 Edition

I downloaded 1.08 from

http://www.korguksupport.co.uk/Page.cfm?PageId=464#USB%20Driver

After this was installed, the OS update when though with no problems, and my patches were not over written (even though I backed them up just in case)

I'm now running 1.07 on my Radias.

Simon
Mark Regis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, just a quick note to say that I tried the above using windows 2000 instead of XP and it all worked fine Smile
Lyra

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: windows 10entry problem Reply with quote

I was going nuts, updating radias by the book and still getting error messages "device not connected". For whom it concerns:

Daz listed some links elsewhere, which I repost here, so they don´t get lost in the forum pages. Basically the update-problem was connected with an unsuccesful installed KORG-MIDI-driver.

http://www.createdigitalmusic.com/2006/02/20/windows-day-the-midiaudio-driver-bug-and-how-to-fix-it/
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar05/articles/pcmusician.htm
http://www.rme-audio.com/english/faq/10entrye.htm

That did the trick for me and the update worked flawless.

Thank you Daz for providing those links!

On a sidenote: I guess this windows-... "feature" is responsible to many a driver-related problem and therefore should be made known widely.

Last edited by Lyra on Wed May 09, 2007 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
botega

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so now you can finally load those new voices, use the editor......... hhe??

i had the same problem at start - caused by multiple installed
drivers

till next time
LEVEL4

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! THANKS, Daz chordial, and Lyra!!! I used every bit of all of your advice, and after about literally installing/uninstalling the MIDI drivers about 100 times on my XP machine, Windows FINALLY "saw" the Radias. Even if MIDI OX saw the Radias, Windows still couldn't deal. I used every resource in every link you guys provided, and that was THE ONLY WAY IT WORKED! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Regards,

A new proud owner of a Korg Radias with version 1.7 firmware!
biggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: problematic firmware update Reply with quote

This is a note about my experience of updating my Radias's firmware a couple of days ago. I'm a new owner and couldn't find any info about what happened on the net - so hopefully this will be useful to someone.

My Radias came with 1.04 firmware, so I downloaded the 1.07 updater. The Radias is connected to my G5 PowerMac via USB, and I followed the firmware update instructions to the letter. All seemed to be going well, until the process reached the end - then the updater app on the Mac put up an error message ('-10000') and the Radias reported an 'Error 03'.

Oh s**t...

However, at this point the Radias still booted up and worked fine. But even checking the firmware version reported the same error code - and also that the system *was* at version 1.07. Anyway, I dug about a bit, and in one of the menus of the firmware updater application I discovered a 'force update' mode. This seems to allow the firmware update process to be re-run even when the application reports that the Radias is up to date. I selected this mode and re-installed v1.07. This time there was no error message, and the Radias reported a successful update.

No idea why the process didn't work properly the first time. But for me reinstalling solved the problem, and seems to be a safe process.
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks biggy
slammah2012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newest firmware is 2.0....
and I've downloaded it and it works awsomely.
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
DrStein

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, though it may work well for most of the people, isn't it officially available only in Japan?

“Download service on the website of KORG Inc. is intended for users living in Japan. KORG Inc. and KORG distributors in other countries are not responsible in any way for accidents or problems with Korg products or other peripheral devices that may arise as a result of a download.”
slammah2012

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrStein wrote:
Well, though it may work well for most of the people, isn't it officially available only in Japan?

“Download service on the website of KORG Inc. is intended for users living in Japan. KORG Inc. and KORG distributors in other countries are not responsible in any way for accidents or problems with Korg products or other peripheral devices that may arise as a result of a download.”

I dont know... the EULA was all boxes and lines....
It works....in english.....simple truth....
Jerry from Korg said 2.0 was legit...have fun....
although it does sound a little more japanes come to think of it...
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
gdh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slammah2012 wrote:
although it does sound a little more japanes come to think of it...

and I thought you were more of a heavy metal guy, somehow I can't picture you playing "turning Japaneser, yes I'm turning Japaneser.. " Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: