Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVD Tutorial (is now available)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike
I'm with ReIgnition on the 3 or 4 ( or 5 DVDs ) 20 bucks each is nothing - provided the dvd is helpfull to the user and its not rushed like ReIg's example above.

Obviously your putting your time, knowledge, your equipment, the location, design of the dvd cover (if applicable) etc etc - you deserve a fee/profit of some sort. I think you mentioned this is your own venture, Korg will not have a part in this?

Just wondering - will this be downloading movie files we can pay, or will it be a dvd to purchase - will you be able to market to countries outside the USA? There will be freight costs etc of course. Have you thought this far ahead lol

Billy
I am a student of classical piano...I am not a classical pianist.
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, forgot to mention, thanks for the pict. Looks like there is a camera to your left, one behind you, and the third in front of you - do you have a director? is that a stupid question?

So, all three camera's film at once and then you edit/cut/paste/delte/bits and pieces etc ? That's a big project!! - good luck with it - hope we can all support you - i guess if you make multiple dvd's ( part 1 part 2 etc ) the first one will break or make you - good luck again.

Billy
billysynth1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry
just one more thought - Korg should give you a Black Korg Oasys T-shirt to wear for the shoot lol ( i might be laughing but im serious )

billy
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

billysynth1 wrote:
Just wondering - will this be downloading movie files we can pay, or will it be a dvd to purchase - will you be able to market to countries outside the USA? There will be freight costs etc of course. Have you thought this far ahead lol

It will be a DVD. I designed the artwork and authored the DVDs for TERRARIUM and THE AWAKENING (as well as handled the international orders), so I'm not totally in the dark. Those had $2.50 shipping which is the medum price between a domestic and an international order, so it balanced out. That was for 1 and 2 disc sets.

I have to stop guessing on the tutorial, until it is actually finished, otherwise, I'm just getting ahead of myself. If it is more than 2 DVDs, the shipping will be more and I'll have to think what a fair price for this would be.

billysynth1 wrote:
do you have a director? is that a stupid question?

Not a stupid question. No, it's just me. I actually taped the interface demonstration, twice (6 hours of footage). I prefer that no one else is there, as that is really distracting. Also, I'm physically going through functions and double checking the manuals, so it's not like I'm making things up - I have to pick programs, hook up another synth (for the External mode demo), run a CD player (for Inputs 3 & 4 demo) - there's just a lot of details that I have to think out.

billysynth1 wrote:
i guess if you make multiple dvd's ( part 1 part 2 etc ) the first one will break or make you

This is something I need to start thinking about. In the Interface demo, I kept saying things like, "This is how you assign a second set of Transpose settings, but we'll get to that in the Program section." It's supposed to be an integrated demo, with each section pointing at the other. I'm not against selling one DVD, for one or two sections, I just hadn't thought that way.

I will be sure to post many clips, so people would know how it was presented. No, I'm not wearing an OASYS T-shirt, but I probably should be. I have a black E-MU T-shirt, but that might not be so cool. Twisted Evil

I'm about to start the Program section. Just spending a few nights through the manuals an functions, before actually taping it. I tell you, there is so much I have learned. I'll be happy to have done this.
ReIgnition

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could afford an Oasys... unless a good used one lands in my zip code I'm planning on getting The soon to be released New Triton Oasys Lte Rolling Eyes

All my eggs are in the Korg basket so when it's released I'm sure you could make a top notch DVD manual for it.

Looks and sounds like you're doing a great job. I'm sure all the guys that buy "them" will appreciate the hard work you're putting in.
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Conway wrote:
Aside from the 3 cameras - one on me, one on the entire keyboard and one on the touchscreen - I am also doing ultra-closeup insert shots on individual buttons, screen parameters, etc. You'll have a lot of angles.

Sounds good! Yup, that's the only way to do it right. Smile Same thing I do basically - when I make one of my demo or instructional videos, I shoot it from like 10 different angles, different degrees of closeness. Digital zoom with video in post doesn't work anywhere near as well as shooting it from closer up. Not to mention the fact that staying on the same angle for too long is just damn boring. I hate videos where it's one camera angle for 10 minutes - puts me to sleep. It's like watching a security camera. Wink

Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Stephen! Your latest videos are seriously well paced and put together. They are a great example of a style that works.
jspool

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to be able to purchase a DVD tutorial, that will get me going on this behemoth! Please remember that many of us newbies don't have previous Korg experience (Triton, Karma, etc.).
Thanks for your efforts to get this DVD out. Any projection as to when it might be available?
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jspool wrote:
Any projection as to when it might be available?

More than a month. I will post when it is close.
jgsidak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Are you taking orders yet? Reply with quote

I would gladly send you a check now to reserve a DVD as soon as it is ready.
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Are you taking orders yet? Reply with quote

jgsidak wrote:
I would gladly send you a check now to reserve a DVD as soon as it is ready.

No need to reserve, as I'll have plenty pressed. I'll come back to this thread and contact those interested, as well as post, when they're ready. Thanks!
pandel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike!

No need to reply, just FYI: I would also be VERY interested in this DVD. Please put me on the list...

Thanks!
robkeith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

you can put me down for your dvd tutorials etc

Thanks
Charlie
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike!
Any news on your release-date?
I'm really looking forward to using your DVD!! Very Happy
Carbon111

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...put me on the list too, Mike!

Smile

"We've got Baileys and everything we need.
Mmmm, creamy." - Old Gregg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: