Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flute patch mK, MS2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: flute patch mK, MS2000 Reply with quote

Anyone have a realistic flute or picolo patch for mK, MS2000?

Thanks.
laserbeak

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i could use some tips on how to make a flute.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fac

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few tips here:

Use triangle or sine oscillators with a slight amount of noise. Use the 12 db filter with zero resonance only to tame the sound if required.

Add a little modulation to the pitch with a negative decay envelope (set the attack, sustain, and release to zero, and use a negative modulation amount). You can try increasing the envelope release, but I prefer using the pitch bend wheel for that.

Modulate the amplifier with keyboard tracking so that higher notes are a bit louder. You may also want to turn on full keyboard tracking for the filter.

For different "effects", try modulating the noise level with the mod wheel, so you can go from clean to airy.

Set the patch to monophonic.

And last but not least, add some good reverb to the final sound. Unfortunately, the MS2K does not have reverb (and doing it with delays sounds quite metallic), so it's best to use an external unit. A bit of reverb can do wonders on flute/wind sounds.
laserbeak

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful Smile that was pretty simple really. i need more practice Smile thanks!!!!Smile
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fac

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

laserbeak wrote:
beautiful Smile that was pretty simple really. i need more practice Smile thanks!!!!Smile

That's because flutes are very simple instruments. Don't ask me about synthesizing vocal sounds or stuff like that. Smile
fac

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fac wrote:
A few tips here:
Use triangle or sine oscillators with a slight amount of noise. Use the 12 db filter with zero resonance only to tame the sound if required.

btw.- I've just found that using a sine wave in Osc1 and adding a little FM (Control 1) adds some nice harmonics for a flute sound.
laserbeak

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha nice!! thanks my speaker cable just kicked the bucket though so i'm gonna find my phones and then i'll try it
laserbeak

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

managed to make a nice simple patch with two triangles a small ammount of noise and a delay so far. going to work on it some more. the delay adds the feel of a super nintendo song i'm trying to emulate from a game called ninja warriors again. now that i have a nice starting point, making this song should be fun Smile

thanks a lot for your help!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: