Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Cannot read this file" message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex D. Mahabdi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: "Cannot read this file" message Reply with quote

Hello, I've got the KORG Legacy Collection (KLC-1) v1.2 (the latest), running on a MacBook Intel Core Duo 2GHz, with Leopard 10.5.2. When I try to "Load Program" on the LegacyCell, the message "Cannot read this file" appears.
So i cannot import sounds from other banks anymore, though i was able to do it before Exclamation
Can anyone help me ?
Alex D. Mahabdi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok after hours on this forum I discovered that there is a Copy/Paste Method in order to transfer patches from one bank to another. It seems to work, but I don't understand why LegacyCell "can't read" and load an exported program, whereas the copy/paste method works....... Question
dave

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops! Just saw your post now, Alex. It's a bug. LC can't read its own exported patches. It was, i think, introduced in the present version because I'm fairly sure I imported user patches in the past to try them.

It seems the developers are too busy playing Nintendo to fix it. Evil or Very Mad

Copy & Paste is a tedious workaround.

Kind regards.
colibri

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most likely this problem can be solved easily. the exportet filename of course depends on the patchname you gave it in the LC. if you use say "megalead 123", the patch might be saved as "megalead.123", where 123 now is recognised as the file extension, which is WRONG and causes LC not to recognise it as a LC-patch.

using windows, you should check it in the explorer with activated "show file extensions" - just rename the patch, that's all!
kbostroem

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same problem. I saved a program with "save program as..." as a fxp. Then I tried to load it with "Load program..." to see the error message "Cannot read this file". If this is really a bug in May 2008, how come it is still there in Sept 2009? Maybe it isn't a bug? (confused)

@colibri: My programs are correctly saved with the extension "fxp". Still no success on loading them.

@alex: How does the "Copy/Paste" mechanism go? Could you (or someone) tell me?

Thanks,
Kim
Etaoin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colibri wrote:
most likely this problem can be solved easily. the exportet filename of course depends on the patchname you gave it in the LC. if you use say "megalead 123", the patch might be saved as "megalead.123", where 123 now is recognised as the file extension, which is WRONG and causes LC not to recognise it as a LC-patch.

That would be a Windows-specific problem. Windows needs extensions to recognize files. But as TS says, he's on a Mac (which doesn't need them).

Can't be of much more help apart from confirming that it also occurs in de Analog Edition 2007 version of LegacyCell. Can't confirm it existed before "now" though as I haven't tried it earlier. I'm on 10.6 by the way. If it's a recent problem, might it be Snow Leopard-related?
kbostroem

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't got Snow Leopard and do have the issue. I wrote a bug report to KORG. We'll see if they react on this. It's a rather serious issue which makes the LegacyCell nearly unusable. (It's more or less like a Demo version where you can play around with the presets but can't save your own work.)
Etaoin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AE2007 does allow me to save and load entire banks, so I can save my work. That might be different in the original KLC.
kbostroem

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, alright. Yes, entire banks can be saved and loaded. But it's not very convenient to save an entire bank when having created one single new patch.
OK, the workaround here is to stepwise build up a bank with new patches by doing the "copy/paste" thing mentioned by Alex:
- Load some bank and edit one of its patches until you're satisfied.
- Right-click on this edited patch and choose "copy"
- Load your special to-be-built-up bank
- Right-click one of the free slots in the bank and choose "paste"
- Rename the new patch to your likings
- Save the entire bank
OK, maybe we can live with that. Anyway, it would certainly be very kind of KORG if they removed the program-load bug in the not-to-far future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: