Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there a way to ... ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tusker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to ... ? Reply with quote

Is there a way to ...

Have a loop sample trigger from it's start point regardless of what the BPM indicator is doing. I am trying to use the Kaoss to start a song (without fading it in). Typically I would hit the BPM synchronize button, count off four and then hit the sample button at the right time. But I am doing some tight synchronizing of audio cues with dialog (it's a play) and I don't have time to wait for a measure to go by. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry
ZIM13

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Maybe syncronizing (sp?) the play button of the source and the sample bank button to sync them both? The best way I know now is cutting the sample in the pc and then send to the kp3.

I would want to know the real way to do too!

greetz!
Tusker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm cutting my samples in the PC and that does not help loop samples. It looks like loop mode completely trumps the note-on timing. I hope a software update can give us a choice of either.

<Or maybe it's operator error and I just need to figure this thing out>
decrepitude

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this will help, but in the manual (I know it ain't the greatest) thtere's a discussion under Midi-Sync:

"MIDI Sync function
The BPM of the KP3 can be set to follow MIDI Time Clock messages from an external MIDI device. Connect the MIDI OUT connector of an external MIDI device (such as a sequencer set to transmit MIDI time clock messages) to the MIDI IN connector of the KP3.
NOTE This function will not synchronize sequence data with the KP3’s rhythm pattern programs. If you want to synchronize sequenced data and the KP3's internal rhythm patterns, you will either have to insert a Touch Pad On message into the beginning of each measure of your sequence data, or touch the touch pad at the beginning of each KP3 phrase to start the pattern."

I realize this is a separate issue described above, but wouldn't a Touch Pad On message work for the sample pads too? You're making sure the loop starts on beat-one each time that way.

=$.02
Tusker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess what you are saying is that if I create the right sequence on a sequencer, then start/stop the sequencer, and if the KP3 is slaved to the sequencer ... it will behave?

I guess that would work, but I am hoping for something less ugly for using the pads to trigger samples in an improvised environment. I hate to have to buy a hardware sequencer to get the pads to trigger appropriately.

I get what you are saying though. It's a clever work around for some people. Especially those who use midi automation and play a pre-programmed set. I am probably in the minority of users, and Korg was trying to keep the interface simple. Thanks for trying to help.

Jerry Confused
MisterRider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tusker - did you ever find a solution to your sample/sync problem? I do live PA as well, and am trying to come up with a way to keep my sample bank loops on the KP3 stay in sync with with my EMX-1 sending midi clock. I'd rather not hard-code it into the EMX either. Any luck?

T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: