Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One or the other...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamantVision

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: One or the other... Reply with quote

I've been eyeing Korg's Electribes for quite some time now, but I'm still torn between which of them would suit my purposes...(I'm sure this question is asked a lot around here, but where else ought I to ask?)

Anyway, I'm looking to make trance/electronica I guess, in addition to more experimental electronic prog-rock-ish sorts of stuff. All I really need is something to sequence drums with, but I can't help feeling I'd like the EMX-1 better. I already have plenty of synth options at my fingertips, so I guess my real question is, would the EMX be redundant given my setup? Would I be limited in my drum sound selection if I chose the EMX? The synth engine of the EMX is awfully appealing to me, though...

For the record, I have a Triton LE, an MS2000B, and the whole Legacy Collection.
John Carpenter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EMX has a cool Unison mode that is good for Trance.

The drums are flexible, with the amp eg is quite helpful for the drums.
And you can change the pitch; you can also double up the drum parts at the cost of loosing a part.

One thing to note is that the ESX has filter option on the drums, where the EMX does not unless you use the effects.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold your purchase for a little longer there maybe some new Electribe Unit(s)in the balance for NAMM if the Rumours are true!!!
Railslider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kontrol49 wrote:
Hold your purchase for a little longer there maybe some new Electribe Unit(s)in the balance for NAMM if the Rumours are true!!!

I'd go this route if you can afford it. Keep in mind that the EMX is now $500 as opposed to $800 or so when released. That's the only reason I didn't wait for NAMM, I wouldn't be able to afford the new release.
AdamantVision

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...I'm thinking waiting a few more days wouldn't hurt...I mean, in theory, wouldn't it be possible for the EMX and ESX to see another price drop if new (presumably replacement) hardware is released? Either way I think it'll be best to see what Korg has in store. Thanks for the suggestions!
paul_courville

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the same question of Daz and Ruso not long ago, EMX or ESX.
I too have a Triton Le.
I eventually went with the EMX.
I did so after spending time with both of them at the San Diego Guitar Center.
It was the right decision for me because I live in Tijuana, Mexico and want to travel to gigs "under the radar".
Back in the studio, I'd like to add an ESX because I dig those trippy voice-over samples.
I also can rip other peoples stuff (with a clear conscience) because I know I'm gonna mangle the s**t out of it before I use.
Sounds like you've got the analog synth bases covered, I think you'd really enjoy the ESX.
But's your money and your call.
Good luck,
Cyberdude

www.cyberdudeproductions.com
www.broadjam.com/cyberdude
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: