Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

padKontrol and Reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Impressieve

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: padKontrol and Reason Reply with quote

Howdy,

Yesterday I bought the padKontroll and was eager to use it in Reason but i faced some problems:
So I set the Korg up in reason and locked it to a Redrum module using the Remote Edit Override.... but here's the issue. Reason recognizes the two top KNOBS and the X-Y PAD and I have been able to map them to whatever knobs on the module that I want.... but none of the PADS (used mostly for perc./drums) are responding. Whenever I hit a pad, reason doesn't even acknowlage that any MIDI data is coming in (but does acknowlage MIDI data is being sent if you turn one of the top knobs or x-y pad). I have used the editor/librarian program to set it with the reason redrum scene but still nothing. there's probably a simple solution, so if someone can help me it would be very appreciated.

Thanks
Scottio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all make sure you have the correct settings on the padkontrol, for redrum i have my pads set from C2 to D#3 using every key inbetween.

Then go into reason and make sure your padkontrol is set up as a midi keyboard with controllers in the device settings.

should sort your problem out.

Scottio
gray00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....interesting. i can get all the pads to work but not the X-Y pad which is the feature i bought the padKontrol for. i have followed the manual to no avail...anyone?
Twitch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hmmm....interesting. i can get all the pads to work but not the X-Y pad which is the feature i bought the padKontrol for. i have followed the manual to no avail...anyone?

Same thing.. Can Anyone answer this?
flight to the imagination,
a charm to sadness,
a life to everything,
Plato 400 B.C.
Drewzle

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also having this problem
bildozer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Locking a controller surface in reason means you are using the device as only a control surface, not a keyboard. Sad Dissappointing isn't it. That is why the knobs only work, because reason thinks its just a bunch of knobs and faders.
phobik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I found around this is to enable a midi bus with the locked surface, select a channel and in there assign it to any device, it can even be the same device to which the surface is already locked too, but won't recognize the keys, this way it will.

It's kind of a separate thing, Reason has it's installed surfaces and then the MIDI bus where up to 4 different(or the same) surfaces can connect independently, but these will bypass the Reason master keyboard and lock functions. Hope this helps. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: