Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Piano Samples for Extreme.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Guy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Piano Samples for Extreme..... Reply with quote

Hello Forum,

I know this subject has been 'beaten to death" but I am very dissapointed with the Piano Samples in the Extreme. With the headphones on, the samples sound great. As soon as I turn on my Stereo Amp. they sound, hollow, tinny and dead. I've tweaked until I don't know where else to tweak. Now I realize it's impossible to perfectly create a piano sound on a synth. but there just has to be something better than this.
At first I thought it was my amp, so I rented a couple of JBL powered speakers - same thing. Then I borrowed a PA system from a friend of mine and the sound was no better.

I'm a "click" away from ordering the piano samples from K-Sounds but fist I thought I would get some opinions of anyone who is using the K-Sounds piano samples and what their opinion is. I've gone through the posts and everyone raves about them but are they being used through amps or powered speaker or just through headphones. I find headphones to be very deceiving at times.

Sorry about the "bitching", but I guess I needed to "vent."

Having said all of the above, I am still (other than the piano samples) totally pleased with EX. I think it's a great keyboard.

Thanks

Old Guy
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You trying to say that the TEX has any good DRUMS?... Very Happy
Yes, same as on a CASIO TONE BANK from 1991... Question
Phunky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I found the TE piano samples sound pretty 'plastic' when playing alone. But over time, it sounded alright me and somehow blended pretty well when playing with the band.

Perhaps you could try playing around with the valve see it helps to bring out the 'body' to the sound you're playing.

"Ask yourself always: How can this be done better?"
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah guys, you can PLAY as much as you want, but no matter how much make
up you put on my grandma she is still my GRANDMA...
Jlittlep

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Best one I've Found Reply with quote

Everyone should look in the download section of Korg Forums and download the "63 Voice Piano." I've bought the piano evolution package and tried everything besides K-Sounds. The 63 Voice Piano sounds really good for a triton piano. Once you load all the samples and PCG files. Go to the program and take off the chorus on the Master Effects. Then I like to add a 7 Band Graphic EQ to the insert effects. Play it and enjoy. I've fought this battle for as long as I've had the extreme, this is the cheapest and best way to go! Reply to me if you liked it as well. Very Happy

If You're Gonna Go, Go Easy.
www.myspace.com/theeasygoingboys
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Satish Rahi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: How do you get 63 Voice Piano on Extreme Reply with quote

Why would one put sounds meant for Extreme on 5 disks. I tried but can't get this loaded. . I tried to put contents of all 5 disks in a single folder (some files were duplicates), it partially loaded and finally gave no sound....

Instructions please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: