Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New KP3 OS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: New KP3 OS Reply with quote

Hello folks:

We've just posted a new OS updater for the KP3 here:

http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1224

This fixes a few bugs, including the MIDI clock filter that was causing jumpy syncing to external MIDI sources.

We are still looking into some other issues so please don't pummel me now about any of the other discussions here. We're still looking at them, OK?

Let me know how you like the new performance of this OS.

Regards,

Jerry
decrepitude

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great news. I'll be trying this new OS very soon and will report back the results here.

Jerry, might I suggest that you post replies to the threads which have brought up these issues and reply to them so when other people find those threads they will know that Korg has addressed the issues with an OS update. You could make a link back to this thread if need be. Otherwise, new customers may get the idea that Korg is not resolving the issue and bad word of mouth will spread.
jerrythek
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dec:

It's a good idea, but time consuming. Threads move around and Daz and Sharp have often pulled out my responses to make a new thread to give it more visibility. So 50/50 here. But I find that quickly others do for me what you're asking for. So I get some help.

Thanks for the input, and I hope the new OS is a first step in resolving your issues. We're not finished - we don't like to let negative reactions linger it they are justified and can be dealt with.

No promises, but we're trying. OK?

Regards,

Jerry
ani

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded the new OS to my KP3 using a Intel Mac running on OS X 10.4.8. Udating was quick and easy. I don't really have the time to test the new OS extensively right now but I did notice the new OS taking a little longer to set up the device. I just wanted to post my experiences with the updater.

Thanx to jerrythek for posting this link on the forum and to the people of Korg for taking action.

[edit] Couldn't help myself, had to go and check out the midi clock input. I use Plogue Bidule to build a little setup that allows me to send a midi clock signal out and monitor the KP3's midi clock output again back in the mac. It works like a charm! No more bounching samples all over the place. While this is just a small test, it feels nice and solid. Good stuff! Now off to work for I will be late..... Oh yes, late..... Confused [/edit]
subVert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Jerry! Wow! My faith in Korg is restored! (I did buy a radias after the KP3 so I guess I still had some faith). I get really testy when someone asks me if I followed directions when setting up a USB device. The editor never worked on my PC for sending banks. And I tried it on 3 different PC's.

I did the update on my Mac since that seemed to play a bit nicer with the KP3. After that I plugged it into my PC and without making any other changes, the KP3 editor finally works on my PC! I don't know if it's my imagination but the whole bank transfer seems faster than ot used to take to send a single sample and then hit the dreaded "timeout" error.

I thought the IPL mesage on the KP3 was pretty cool. It's been a long time since I've seen a reference to an Initial Program Load on a system. Must be some hard core old school programmers at Korg.
bildeaux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweeet. I am glad I just happened to stop in here today for some reason. I will see if this helps tonight. I really hope it does.

b.
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Hi Dec:

It's a good idea, but time consuming. Threads move around and Daz and Sharp have often pulled out my responses to make a new thread to give it more visibility. So 50/50 here. But I find that quickly others do for me what you're asking for. So I get some help.

Thanks for the input, and I hope the new OS is a first step in resolving your issues. We're not finished - we don't like to let negative reactions linger it they are justified and can be dealt with.

No promises, but we're trying. OK?

Regards,

Jerry

I have only two requests for the next update:

Program change message capability so that when kp3 is in external mode its 8 program buttons can control/select programs on electribes as old as es1 as well as select programs on korgs ax3000 guitar effects board. Program change capability is very much needed. This also needs to work smoothly with es1 npr messages.

Lastly, the sample\record button needs to be assignable so one can use foot controler via midi to hit record.

These additions would be a god send.

Thanks!

SMK
Strauzzie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
Lastly, the sample\record button needs to be assignable so one can use foot controler via midi to hit record.

This one, in addition to the align function being midi assignable would make this thing truly unbeatable. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.
FRETPICK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Re: New KP3 OS Reply with quote

jerrythek wrote:
Hello folks:

We've just posted a new OS updater for the KP3 here:

http://www.korg.com/service/downloadinfo.asp?DID=1224

This fixes a few bugs, including the MIDI clock filter that was causing jumpy syncing to external MIDI sources.

We are still looking into some other issues so please don't pummel me now about any of the other discussions here. We're still looking at them, OK?

Let me know how you like the new performance of this OS.

Regards,

Jerry

It's great. Works very very well. Thank you so much. I'm not as tech as the other here but I'm well chuffed.
mother misty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yihaa! I'm glad I didn't sell my KP3, this clock issue was really bothering me Sad
I've uploaded the new OS and the timing is alot tighter now, thanks Korg!!

Nice to see that you're still working on "other issue's" although I haven't got a
clue what they are... but I would really like to see the following.
When you adjust the volume of a sample the others are muted, why is this?
It's very annoying, I don't see how you can use this during a Live!?
"IF" this wasn't the case you would actually have a 4-channel touchpad mixer
and that would be *very* useful!

Thanks for the update!
SMK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mother misty wrote:
but I would really like to see the following.

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad misty brought this up...I forgot about this and having it so when you editing the volume of the samples or the sliced beats and so one; there is no need for the other samples to be muted! We can mute the samples our selves by turning the sample off! Actually, lets consider this mute issue a bug (because when you really think about it this really is a bug) and get that fixed so we all can enjoy the benifits of a virtual 4 channel touchpad mixer that I'm pretty sure was suppose to happen Wink

thanks!

SMK
moontom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: noob question Reply with quote

so I just did the Kaoss OS update...I think.

is there a way to verify that update? some sort of OS screen?

thanks in advance for any/all insights...

tm
Khazul

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: noob question Reply with quote

moontom wrote:
so I just did the Kaoss OS update...I think.

is there a way to verify that update? some sort of OS screen?

thanks in advance for any/all insights...

tm

Yeh - MIDI sync works, and Auto BPM works alot better Smile

--- The Studio & Noises ----- Adam G @ MySpace ---
moontom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: duh Reply with quote

sorry, I posted that late the other night, before I had a chance to powerup and see for myself.

thanks korg. nice update! pls keep em coming!
kvnvk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMK wrote:
mother misty wrote:
but I would really like to see the following.

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad misty brought this up...I forgot about this and having it so when you editing the volume of the samples or the sliced beats and so one; there is no need for the other samples to be muted! We can mute the samples our selves by turning the sample off! Actually, lets consider this mute issue a bug (because when you really think about it this really is a bug) and get that fixed so we all can enjoy the benifits of a virtual 4 channel touchpad mixer that I'm pretty sure was suppose to happen Wink

thanks!

SMK

yep, have to agree with this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: