Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

arranger vs arranger+synthesizer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: arranger vs arranger+synthesizer Reply with quote

Gents

i'm new to KORG and i'm planning to purchase PA600qt as soon i have opportunity "to travel 600 km where the nearest korg distributer is", however, yesterday i was in a dancing party and one of the band guys was using M3 for his lead voices/sounds, yes, i've heared the trinity,triton and M3 in videos, but hearing it live gave me a different impression, it was so warm and WOOOOOW, so my question is, can the pa600qt sound engine re-produce similar sounds like the synrhesizers??, if no then i'm considering to by a USED second hand synth, obvoiusely for my budget it will be either trinity or one of tritons models, M3 may be but i dont think so,,,,,,, any advice that may help me with my choise????

my needs are lead synth sound used for oriental(arabic,khaligy, turkish) music, also, the regularly used sampled sounds.

thanks for regards

shahen
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally speaking you will be able to tweak sounds at a much deeper level with a synth or workstation keybaord. So if you are into programming your own sounds that would be the best way to go.

However, you give up the arranger specific features like styles, fills, etc. The workstations with karma can provide some arranger like qualities but that is not the goal of karma and there is a big leaning curve for karma. Not recommended if you are looking to use it solely for arranger functionality.

The first question you should ask yourself is do you require arranger specific functionality. That answer should be your guide.

If you are getting both an arranger AND a synth ... check out the King Korg for your synth choice.
shahen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle

as for your question, having an arranger type keyboard is a must. however i'm not sure about synth Confused Confused

as for King Korg, i'll will be surprised to find any in my area (iraq), even so, there will be no market for it hence no support (here keyboardists seek general purpose synth and not special one like King Korg), most of the players use the Triton(of different models), trinity or M3,

thanks and regards

shahen
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triton with a MOSS board or M3 with Radias board would be the next chocies then. However, they are both discontinued so you will have to find a used one.

If you are looking for traditional synth type sounds there are other lower cost synths you could look at. If you are looking for richer sounding acoustic instruments then the PA600 paired with a good sound system might be all you need.
Synthesizerplayer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

i have a psr a2000 as an arranger and i use a synth for the leads.

you can check out my videos and see that the synth adds wonderful sound to the arranger.

the arranger will also have leads in them but you may want more Very Happy

i also plan to get the 600qt but i need to try it out first and there is none at the showrooms in ontario
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: