Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Professional samples

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
musician_marius

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:12 pm    Post subject: Professional samples Reply with quote

Hi,everyone!Where do you all get professional samples,with more than one layer from...I need to get some too,but I can't find any...I think korg should have an online store with samples(made by korg).This way I wont have to search on the internet for them to use them on a korg keyboard...
Choros

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Professional samples Reply with quote

You could look for SF2 sounds. These are small samples in different
qualities. You`ll find many of those for free in the internet.
Also check out the download section of this forum.

Regards

Choros
musician_marius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sound fonts don't have more layers.I've seen the download sections here.Are these pro samples?...Some good links for SF2 would help. Smile
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound fonts HAVE more layers! check out hammersound site and you'll find some beautiful guitars with more than one layer.
Regards, Lorenzo
Lorenzo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway... what do you means with pro samples? manny people out there use cheap and old casio to make music, other a complete orchestra... both with great commercial results. So is not important the sample you're using but how it can fits in you music and how good is the final production.
Regards, Lorenzo
musician_marius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: pro samples Reply with quote

what do i mean by pro samples?Well...for me,as an eastern-european,a good,pro sample is a sample that sound as real as the instrument.I would need a good sax,or clarinet,or accordion (supita weltmeister).This sf2 and samples found for free on the internet dont't sound,,too real".and the one on the keyboard sound real,but for some genres,not for ethnic music like eastern-european.roland developed a cheap keyboard expecially for this,a cheap one,and not so great,but the intension is good.I'm a korg fan,but we need some help from korg. Rolling Eyes
I would gladely pay for an exb card with these samples,but there's not one available...
Triton76

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritons will load Akai S1000 format multisamples. you could try searching for these cdroms. I have found several on Ebay. I don't know if you will find anything that's better than the Triton onboard samples. I couldn't find better sax nor harmonica sounds. There are lots of great synths and drums out there though.
A.K.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Professional samples Reply with quote

musician_marius wrote:
Hi,everyone!Where do you all get professional samples,with more than one layer from...I need to get some too,but I can't find any...I think korg should have an online store with samples(made by korg).This way I wont have to search on the internet for them to use them on a korg keyboard...

You have asked such a boad question. This all depends on your current setup. Are you using hardware for sampler or software? Now days most sample libraries come with multi formats. If you really want to get serious about samples then you need a software base setup where you can maniuplate the samples and have as many layers as you want. I use Halion and Kontakt as well as the SP-606 which is hardware based. Problem with using hardware sampler is your always going to be limited due to memory issue. With software you don't have to worry about that since hard drives are so cheap now. As for finding samples, the net is full of them. There is East West and Big Fish who are the big names in the industry. There are quite a few more but these guys have the market cornered. www.soundsonline.com has great selection of samples which youhave to pay for of course. If your looking for free samples, you can find plenty of those online as well but your not going to get complete sets.

Good Luck Smile
platinumaudiolab

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Professional samples Reply with quote

musician_marius wrote:

We (Platinum Audiolab) are one of the few companies still actively supporting libraries for hardware samplers. Our AKAI S1000/S3000 libraries are compatible with the Triton Series, Oasys (requires attached cd-rom drive). All of our libraries also have soundfont versions (.SF2) for the M3. Check the sig below for the link.
countrycreek

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where is the download section located

km 200 Hartke (2)
platinumaudiolab

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

countrycreek wrote:
where is the download section located

After payment you get the link where you login to download. Otherwise if you choose mailed delivery you'll get it shipped in the mail.
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the download section on this forum is located at:
www.korgforums.com
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: