Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Number of Performances Vs Styles (STS)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you agree we need more performance locations up to 480, 640?
Yes (320 perfomances are inadequate I need more)
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No (320 perfomances are adequate )
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

manvince20

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Number of Performances Vs Styles (STS) Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've just been wondering why Korg greatly increased the number of styles in the PA800 but did not increase the number of performances adequately enough Mad . I know they doubled to 320 from the 160 available in PA80 but I'd rather have 480, 640 performances as oppossed to room for 560 styles each having 4 STS. I clearly understand that there is no difference between a STS and a performance. However I find it much more effective and efficient to operate from the performance section when doing live gigs with a full band (not using any style) because I can access/peruse more perfomances.
So my question for KORG ITALY is if they are planing on increasing the memory for perfomances in future OS versions. I'd really love to have 480 or even 640 performances Very Happy . I dont mind if this means loosing Style locations in the Favorite banks.
asafar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know with 20 banks and we can hardly remember which performance is where so not sure if more will be needed but you can always load different performances depending on your work situation.

This is just my opinion maybe others see it different. Confused
manvince20

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Asafar,

Thanks for your response. I view performances to be equivalent to combis in korg workstations such as M3, Triton etc and the more you have the better it is in live full band situations. This is even more true if you work with many different bands like I do. So I categorize the perfomances by band/gig not by sound type. I love the PA series format though because its easier and faster to move up and down performances (combis) than in the KORG workstations.
Loading new performances all the time would be too cumbersome and hard to keep up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: