Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

01W module for a future Legacy release?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HPH24

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: 01W module for a future Legacy release? Reply with quote

I've leaned heavily and happily on my 01Wfd for years, but its reaching the 9-year-point and with those custom chip molds understandably being dust by now, repairs are iffy to impossible. I plan to buy another Korg of some kind soon as a replacement, because they won me over ages ago with the MonoPoly and 2 DW8000s I had, but the 01W is a real gem I'll hate to lose.
I'd buy a Legacy in a NY minute if they released an 01W module for it. That would allow me to preserve years of personalized patches and a sound that's an important base for me.
I just wanted to throw the idea out there, as its an M1 on steroids and the last of its type before the Trinity/Triton designs took over. It'd be a guaranteed sale to a loyal user. Anyone else think that'd be a grabber?
dave

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Me 2.

Wink

Kind regards.
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe next NAMM?
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: 01W module for a future Legacy release? Reply with quote

Yeah man.....Please Korg! I'll buy fo sho.. The 01/W with all of the pcm cards like their wavestation and m1 with all of it's pcm cards in legacy.
THe 01/W is such a great synth.....I can't imagine why Korg wouldn't want to include it.
HPH24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here... many a disk bought for the little beauty. After 9 years, its still my go-to synth and makes any newer/"brighter" instruments I buy sound a bit more full. I'm idly looking at the idea of buying a used 01W or 01rW, but Korg would make no money on that, so logically, the Legacy route seems practical. I'm looking at a new Korg of one kind or another against the day the 01W gives up the ghost anyway. Like many, I'm leaning towards softsynths a bit more and I'd be perfectly happy to put more money in Katoh-san's pocket overall, so even if "all" I can afford is an X50 rather than an M3, ka-ching all the same. Besides, if they inspire me to go for a Legacy, I might ALSO go for an add-on module within its stable, so that's another revenue stream they could create. Let's hope the idea takes hold, as my Australian pal to whom I recommended the Legacy has nothing but praise for it. Good testimonial from the other side of the globe!
colibri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, would'nt it be nice at first to get the new mono/poly into the legacy cell? Smile
honestly, it would be nice to have ALL klc-synths available in the legacy cell: polysix, ms20, wavestation, mono/poly...
toni

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

colibri wrote:
hey, would'nt it be nice at first to get the new mono/poly into the legacy cell? Smile
honestly, it would be nice to have ALL klc-synths available in the legacy cell: polysix, ms20, wavestation, mono/poly...

totally agree.i d love to combine sounds from m1 , poly6 and wavestation

ofcourse i would also like to see a soft 01W
sonoacustico

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for the allmighty 01/W to get to the Legacy family Very Happy
Come on Korg people, you can do it!!! Very Happy

CHeers

Claudio
nohiddencatch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to see the O1/W in my Legacy DE Very Happy
musicmanrdu

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an old topic but one worth resurrecting. I would like to see KORG add the 01/W to the Korg Legacy Collection Digital Edition as well. Although I never owned one (like I never owned an M1) I was drawn to it at the music lab where I attended college. Between classes I would fiddle around with the sounds and make short comps. I would invest in it just to bring back some of those memories. Good times.....
Ben Hall

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the O1/w offer (sound-wise) over the M1?

Sure, there are more patches, but as I understand it, the 01/w was basically more of the same M1 stuff - the engine had some synthesis improvements, and I'm sure there are more samples etc, but otherwise it seems pretty much more of the same.

So what extra would it bring to the Legacy Digital?

Out of the digital synths, it would seem a good choice to add to the Legacy Digital as it's close enough to the M1 to mean developing it wouldn't be a huge effort (compared so doing a software Trinity / Z1 / Oasys / Prophecy or even a modernised DW8000 or DSS1.

I guess if I was going to pick one Korg digital to add it would be the Z1 / Prophecy...
musicmanrdu

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was just thinking logically, that the 01/W followed the M1 in production and I don't think Korg would be ready at this time to release a software version of currently market viable workstations. I, myself, own a Trinity and would like to see a software version of this synth but I don't think realistically we'll see one for another 3 years or so, if ever. I would also like to see the Z1 or prophecy. I have used the physical modeled trumpets and saxes from the Z1 option on my Trinity V3 in various compositions. With a breath controller, they are almost indiscernible from the real thing. Check out Jenna's Song on my MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/vanhornemusic
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and Fully expanded Trinity v3 with TR-Rack banks.

I would even preorder it right now.
JohnrC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dusting off an old thread...

Any glimmers of hope for a Legacy release of the O1W?

BTW, I see there's a version for the Wavestation. Are the sounds different?

Cheers.
Jarek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnrC wrote:
BTW, I see there's a version for the Wavestation. Are the sounds different?
Cheers.

The 01/W sounds different than the Wavestation. The main reason is a wave shaping part in the 01/W sythesis engine.

By the way. I joined to the Korg forum to vote for Legacy release of the 01/W.
I owned the Wavestation A/D and I bought the Legacy version recently and I think that an idea to restore those old synthesisers as a software is just brilliant. I hope that Korg will rescue the King of AI synthesis - 01/W from oblivion. Please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Legacy Collection All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: