Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need software to take apart music?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: need software to take apart music? Reply with quote

hi
i'm looking for any kind of software where i can put in a music Cd and take it apart as in, separate the voice from the beat, or the instrument for the percussion...ect. Confused any ideas? thanks!!
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like turning lead into gold ... you won't find anything that does this well. Audio is like paint, once you've mixed it together you can't unmix it to get back what you started with.

EQ/filtering, choping/slicing and using acepellas or drum breaks or whatever is the way to go.

Daz.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you find one I'm interested .... same if you find a machine that can turn lead into gold by the way.

(Sorry time for weekend)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Michel,

Do you remember the spoof series of articles in DDJ where the guy was saying he'd done this ? Funny.

Daz.
JohnnyAardvark
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a method that works in a limitted way in a certain situations... Ok, don't get too excited as this is not as good as it sounds.

It depends on the panning in the track and is most likely to allow you to remove the vocals.

It rely's on the idea that (some) tracks have all instruments panned left/right and only the vocals dead centre (OK, that is a big generalisation)

I don't fully remember the technique. But you can take a copy of the track, invert it then add it back to the origonal track. I have never done this myself but remeber reading about it. I'll try and dinf the origonal post/info.

Regards

Steve
Gear and Knowledge Areas: Triton EX88, Alesis Micron, Kawai K4, Moog Sub 37, Elektron A4, Dave Smith Prophet Rev 2, Modal Craft Synth, Dreadbox Erebus V3, PO32, Cubase 9.5 Pro, Reason 10, Various (oops shedloads of) softsynths
My Music and Collaborations : https://soundcloud.com/essjay88
RiotNrrd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried the program, but AnalogX has something for removing vocals, right HERE.

I did a little reading, and it looks like it's nearly impossible to remove vocal tracks from MP3's, because for good vocal removal the stereo vocal tracks have to be identical. MP3's encode each stereo track separately, meaning that they won't be identical. Also, because the removal of vocal tracks involves reversing the phase of centrally panned tracks, other instrument sounds will likely be affected as well.

So, from what I've read, it won't work very well with MP3's, and for .wav recordings it's a hit-or-miss proposition that depends heavily on the specific piece of music.

Anyway, the AnalogX software is free, so it can't hurt to try it out. Let me know if it works for you.
Ultimate Dj
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for responding. i was just thinking that with all the new technolagy thats out there has to be something out there. i mean like how do Dj's do it? they just take the voice and put their own beat behind it. another question, does anyone know how to put a song on here? from my Oasys Cool
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post an mp3 on http://www.soundclick.com ... works well and it's free Smile
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daz:

No I haven't (heard about that spoof articles.

Sorry for the late reaction,

Michel
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bkboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: i hope they never find it! Reply with quote

i hope they never find that kind of software...i want music to be like paint, or else the hardwork of many artists will be in vain, and idiots like tiesto who play other people's music will get all the credit.
roadster_32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure thats not possible, you can remove vocals, using FFT analysis of the wave file and also subtracting the 2 stereo channels from each other but as some1 else has mentioned it sort of like paint cant seperate, very difficult because the final song is a combination of multiple tracks and each track by itself is very complex so yeh good luck to any1 who is looking for this kind of software, I would suggest to them stop wasting your time and try to make your own stuff!
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its generally quite difficult to remove things like (for example) drums particularly because of the frequency overlap. you can't EQ drums out... I remember someone wanted me to edit a track once and take the snare out.. nearly impossible.
things like cymbals and snares use almost white noise which technically covers the entire spectrum.

again, vocals can be removed to some affect because they generally occupy a specific set of frequencies, but that will reduce the quality of anything else which overlaps that too...

after something has been mixed to stereo it is generally almost impossible to reverse (unless you're talking about something with a very sparsely populated mix!)
synthjoe
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: need software to take apart music? Reply with quote

javen wrote:
You can free download a software named "3herosoft Music CD Burner" in http://www.mustsoftware.com/3herosoft-Music-CD-Burner-guide.html ,"3herosoft Music CD Burner" can burn MP3 CD, WMA CD and Audio CD from audio formats like WAV, AAC, AC3, AU, FLAC, M4A, MP2, MP3, OGG, WMA, etc., and video formats, such as 3GP, 3G2, AVI, SWF, MP4, RM, DivX, MPEG, etc.

In addition, the Music CD Burner software features in burning Music CD with ID3 tags edition, such as Author, Album, Title, Genre, etc. And additional features including erasing the CD information, setting audio parameters, such as Bit Rate, Sample Rate, Channel, Audio Codec and Volume, etc.

Good luck to you!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked How does that relate to the OP? Shocked Shocked Shocked
X-Trade

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: need software to take apart music? Reply with quote

synthjoe wrote:

Shocked Shocked Shocked How does that relate to the OP? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Look at his other posts. He is a spammer.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
x50hobbyist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly separation of beat from vocals, but still interesting I think:

This guy has done a pretty interesting "composition" by remastering the pitch on a recorded performance to create a new piece using Melodyne. Very discordant, I really dig it. Check the original youtube video for comparison.

http://wrench.se/archives/melodyne-spangled-banner/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Computer Programmers – Software Developers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: