Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MICROKORG WONKY KEYS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A BRENNAN

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: MICROKORG WONKY KEYS Reply with quote

HI PEOPLE I JUST WANT TO KNOW IS THIS NORMAL FOR THE LAST TWO KEYS ON THE MICRO KORG TO BE A BIT WONKEY THE SECOND TO LAST IS A BIT CROOKED AND THE LAST ONE SEEMS A BIT LOOSE.

I HAVE ONLY JUST GOT THIS AND DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD SEND IT BACK OR NOT..
IS IT NORMAL THEY SEEM TO WORK O.K BUT I WOULD HATE THEM TO SNAP OFF LIKE THOSE OLD YAMAHA KEYBOARDS USED TO DO IN THE 80S/90S
PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM UN SURE WHAT TO DO.
AS IT WOULD PROBABLY COST ME A FUR BIT OF MONEY TO SEND IT BACK BUT IT IS BRAND NEW
krazy78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the unt is damaged, it could possibly have been dropped. If you bought it brand new , definately send it back, you should be able to get a new one.
When i bought my unit they sent me a display model which had scratches all over it, i sent it back & got a new one.
emberdark

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On its best day the microKORG keyboard is not an example of close-fitting precision and tight tolerances, but yours definitely ain't normal.

If it were me I'd probably go inside and take a look. Honestly, I've not had the keyboard assembly apart, but the assembly itself unplugs from the main board easily, a few screws free it from the chassis, and getting further into the assembly sure doesn't look like a high tech challenge.

But don't void any warranties, or hurt yourself, or damage my karma, or your karma, or Korg's karma, or anything anywhere at any time, now, then, or in the future.

Probably safer to send it back.

But if it were me...
A BRENNAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I contacted turnkey to ask for a replacement but they only want to repair it
To this I said no I want it replaced, then I found out that this was the only one they
Had, and I will have to wait until the middle of June for a replacement as it was the only one they had, but the worst thing was when I ordered it they said the had at least 26 in stock, which turned out to be a lie .because I specifically said no display models which is what this probably is as when this came it was also quite dirty.
So now I have to wait for some guy to contact from the repair centre I don’t know why so they can
Collect it. And have to wait until June for a replacement.
Unless they piss about with this one and send it back .the worst thing is that when I bought the korg early last week I also got some other things as well to a total of nearly £900 and they don’t seem Bothered and I am still waiting for the rest of my order which is a mixer and a bloody gig bag for the microkorg that now I have to wait till June for to say pissed off does not come close ,
First big order placed with turnkey and will probably be the last.... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Speedy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my microkorg is exactly the same. your picture is identical to my microkorg! i bought it brand new! the last two key are almost touching and not straight.

the store was very nice and allowed me to exchange for a new one 2 times! the first new one was crooked in that place, so exchanged for anther new one, but same crooked keys in the same place, and then exchanged for a final new one, the store was getting annoyed and said 3rd time is my last chance! but still the same crooked keys in the same places! I dont blame the store. So in fact this is a manufacturing problem in the plant in China. Its not the stores fault! its Korgs fault!! in their cheap maufacturing plant in China. I called the Korg repair center in Nagoya directly, he said its a factory problem, but they would not give me a straight keyboard since they are only Korg repair center and not manufacturing plant. DO they want me to go to China's factory and find a perfect one for myself???

So i wrote a letter directly to the President of Korg, Mr Katou in Tokyo! But no reply! Mad Nothing they dont care! Mad Microkorg has nice sounds but the body is low quality junk!! Its incredible!! A keyboard company with NOT straight keyboards!!! Ridiculous!

By the way i bought my Mircrokorg in Ishibashi Gakki, also noticed the Micro Control which has the same small 32 keys as Microkorg has also crooked in the same place. This is definitley problem in Quality Control in China. I am shocked they allowed these crooked key boards to be sent all over the world!! Mad
muLperi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like that in my mK.
In fact I was surprised how sturdy the whole build was, all the knobs and stuff. Compared to some 1000 € all plastic keyboards.
Upright

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

muLperi wrote:
Nothing like that in my mK.
In fact I was surprised how sturdy the whole build was, all the knobs and stuff. Compared to some 1000 € all plastic keyboards.

I agree, my MK keys seem to be in great condition. A few keys are close to one another but nothing like your photo.
reeper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..please...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: