Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX and ESX: No Midi CC's above 95. WHY?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TrrP

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: EMX and ESX: No Midi CC's above 95. WHY? Reply with quote

Hello fellow electribe owners.

Why is it not possible to send Midi Control messages above CC#95.

This is so frustrating. My JoMoX mbase01 uses CC#100 - 109.

Would it be that hard for Korg to make it able to send CC's above 95? Crying or Very sad Controlling my Mbase is impossible while Korg go on about the Electribe as an ideal midi controller for other gear.
It looks to me as Korg just thought about there own products seeing as products as the microKorg only go up to CC#95 making it possible for these Korg products to combine.

Korg help us Crying or Very sad ......
TrrP

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow even in the manual it states:

" #CC ASSIGN..........................CC#000...127 "

What's with this?
TrrP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess no one else sees this as a problem? Crying or Very sad

Not that Korg would do anything about it. Updating Electribes must not be on the 'to do' list anymore. Rolling Eyes

I'm guessing CC's above 95 are used internally (as NRPN's) or would conflict with other Electribes in this fashion. Has anyone got an answer on this? Would it help if i wrote a letter to Korg or someone with more knowledge(who)?
It does state in both the manuals (ESX & EMX) that they should be able to be customized and able to transmit CC's from 000 to 127. Confused
anselmi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your crappy other gear isnīt unable to set the receiving controller number for the internal parameters isnīt korgīs bussines Laughing
TrrP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anselmi... if you're not going to post something helpful think twice about posting. It doesn't really help anyone.. it's not even funny.

Until Korg ever make a bassdrum anywere near as powerfull as a JoMoX MBase01 don't talk nonsense about 'crappy other gear'. They probably don't even know how to make analogue gear anymore.

Plus... if its stated in the manual Reading The Manual it is Korg's business
anselmi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TrrP wrote:
Anselmi... if you're not going to post something helpful think twice about posting. It doesn't really help anyone.. it's not even funny.

Until Korg ever make a bassdrum anywere near as powerfull as a JoMoX MBase01 don't talk nonsense about 'crappy other gear'. They probably don't even know how to make analogue gear anymore.

Plus... if its stated in the manual Reading The Manual it is Korg's business

first: look at my VERY HELPFUL FOR YOUR PROBLEM post in the original topic below (in fact this topic is redundant):

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31887&sid=70b22cefd35bb0e246e52772e2fa43e0

I spend quite time searching in old magazines and in the web for you and your little problem about CC, and I post there a potential solution for that

I donīt see even a little "thanks" for that in that post, just a lack of humor one here

when youīll pass that "donīt-touch-my-beloved-gear" adolescent phase maybe you understand that nobody want hurt your machines and nobody was in defense of korgīs support politics
TrrP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alselmi,

I would first like to thank you for the work you have put in to search for the item. Thank you. Maybe you did notice that this item is in the 'product museum' dated back to the year 1994. Therefore I don't think it's a visable solution for my problem.

If you did check to notice the thread you actually advised me to check you will see that I actually already replied before you sent your above message.

I thanked Meatballfulton for his attempt at letting me understand why Korg choose to do this.
I thanked Beschallungsinstitut for giving my a link to a product that actually still existed. Very helpful indeed.
I didn't think to thank you Alselmi because the product wasn't in the shops anymore and I couldn't see any on eBay or anything like that. It felt a bit useless. But still... I didn't stop to think about the time you put in.... thanks for the time. Really.

As for my "don't-touch-my-beloved-gear-adolesent-phase" reply:

Crappy humor deserves a crappy reaction. Laughing Wink
adamitron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anselmi wrote:
if your crappy other gear isnīt unable to set the receiving controller number for the internal parameters isnīt korgīs bussines Laughing

... i thought it was funny.
TrrP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
zalo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why dont you just sample the sounds from the JoMoX that you want to use
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: