Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP2 Broken?? (effects cut out / sound level drops)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
themethod

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: KP2 Broken?? (effects cut out / sound level drops) Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am new to these forums, been having an issue with my KP2 lately and I'm about to take it into the shop for service but first I thought I'd check to see if anyone here experiences this...

I use the KP2 in the fx-loop mode, the problem doesn't seem to happen in direct mode.

Problem: Use an effect like reverb and hit HOLD, the effect holds for a period of time then cuts out. Touching the pad produces no effect.

Solution: Change effects or power off/on then it works again. Crying or Very sad

Observation1: When plugging headphones in to the jack on the KP2, I can monitor what is coming out... The sound is loud when it's working, when it cuts out the effect/pad is still working but the level has dropped to almost nothing (have to turn the headphone volume up alot to hear it)

Observation2: The problem doesn't happen as much if the "FX Depth" knob is turned all the way down. Turning the "FX Depth" knob while the effect is in the HOLD state instantly causes the effect to cut out / sound level to drop.

I use the effect HOLD as an example only, this problem has also happened when I'm just touching the pad, I'll be in the middle of a phase sweep and *poof* the effect it gone.

I have done a factory reset on the unit, didn't change anything... seems to me that the FX Depth knob is connected to the problem, but from what I've read that knob shouldn't even do anything when using the unit in fx-loop mode. Rolling Eyes

Has anyone here experienced this problem or can you try what I've described and see if your KP2 does this?

Thanks! Smile

- JW
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
themethod

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

UPDATE

Okay so I've sent my unit off to be repaired, lucky for me the warranty wasn't up until the end of the month, so we'll see what they do for me. Anyone who has a KP2 that is still under warranty I would recommend a "stress-test" by leaving it on... the person I talked to implied that this is a very common problem but it usually happens after the warranty is up! what does this thing have a timer in there or something? I'm joking of course... I've always liked Korg, sucks that the quality of these units are up to par. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, keep ya posted...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jjcomet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: factory reset Reply with quote

Dood
can you please tell me how to do a factory reset?
Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: