Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappointed Radias user
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D2MRP0

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Radias not FAT Reply with quote

Well it depends on a lot of things obviously. But I find if you layer a few Radias bass programs together you can get thicker dirty sounds. I take a gritty sawtooth bass sound and assign to channel 1 and then add a square and sine wave bass program to give it some floor. Then just assign the same channel. It works pretty good. Of course, sending this to a bass effect unit really adds that final touch. I use a Boss GT-6B bass guitar multi effect unit.
anselmi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Disappointed Radias user Reply with quote

hackjack wrote:
i have 6 Korg Prophey's .. sounds from each one is that is fat
the comb filter on the radias is a joke compared prophey .. so why even put in

man, the prophecy is unique...a radical synth...
no other monosynth comes with such a variety of modulators, filters, oscillator types and SOUND

even the Z1, that´s suposed to be a poly-prophecy can´t beat the original in phatness and grittyness...the Z1 is a nice, polite synth, as well as the radias, but the prophecy is a wild beast...

i think the only korg synth that comes close (in sound, not versatility) is maybe the EMX...

and i don´t think korg would change their DSP algorythms to make a pahtter radias
alex mckay

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing can compare to the to Radias' potential for that price range. 900pound is not going to put you in the big league of synths so you want to know exactly what you want.. if you want dirty then have fun checking all the second hand shops for something dusty and probably not so versatile.
Radias is definately not an "out of the box" synth.. you have to give it more than a week of programming till you find some goods. but nobody who has had a radias for more than a month or 2 would be taking it back to the shop. its fat, its dirty, its clean, its got it all and there is always more under the bonnet.
please let us know what synth you end up buying hack jack. i hope you find something. peace
SynthAntonius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, there is no way I will bring mine back!
Supersaw is maybe not as fat as on JP 8000, but sounds awesome (maybe in an other way) - I can get the results I want. Besides, I already have Fantom X als a main keyboard, which has plenty of SuperSaw samples.
Radias is just perfect for a like solo performer - arps, step seq, 2 LFOs, 4 timbres, decent amount of polyphony.
Not to mention its super effect section, which can give more power than my FanX.
And why did no one mentioned the Vocoder section? Which will kick even VP-550's ass (vocoder).

There is nothing that comes even near Radias, in the same price range.
StudioF

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this is something for the mythbusters.. is the radias able to produce sounds like a Virus, Nord, Jp8000.....

Busted....
plausabe....

I say plauseble.. Smile

Have fun
Studio F
bsp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you can't argue about taste. If it doesn't fit your (hackjacks) idea of sound then get other gear..

I for one tip my hat to the Korg engineers who created this machine. It's one of the most exciting synths I ever laid my hands on! I have it since 2 days and I am just excited as I was 15 years ago when I got my Roland Alpha Juno 2 Smile Those two sound a lot different of course..
Ruso
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've messed with radias and I have to agree, the layout is so complicated it seems like it's ought to bust out some dirty potent s**t, but it really works more for happy keyboard tunes.... I never bought it, never will, it's too overprised... I'd rather buy massive(the most potent vst synth of all)...
alex mckay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SynthAntonius wrote:

Radias is just perfect for a like solo performer - arps, step seq, 2 LFOs, 4 timbres, decent amount of polyphony.

i agree with Antonius wholeheartedly, the arps are definately the most attractive element to the radias. as well as the deep layers you can get out of the 4 timbres. its a modern monster, not a retro beast Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: