Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mini-kp volume issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BooBooBee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: mini-kp volume issue Reply with quote

Hi guys
First post here,with a little problem
Just got a mini-kp;played with it in the headphones and it sounded really good and fun, pretty much all of the effects useful.Now,tried to use it outloud in a dj set-up ( connected to a Rane TTm 56 mixer via send/return ), and I'm gettin serious volume difference between the send and the return volume, which is really low compared to the original sound. Connecting it directly to master output didn't change anything; and effect depth is at max, 99. There is no vol diff in the headphones when directly monitoring, and I used same set-up w/ a KP2 without any problems
Anything that I'm missing maybe ?
Thanks in advance
BooBooBee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing,nobody ?
anybody?
Korg?
rrr.icky

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have the exact same problem

i have the mini KP connected to the microkorg

ive got the microkorg into the mini kp and the mini kp into the amp

the microkorg's volume is fine and can be adjusted on the actual microkorg

yet on the kp the volume is uncontrollable on the actual pad and there is still a mass difference in sound through the amp!

ive been searching for help too, no success Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Dagnamit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem, infuriatingly i have sent Korg Support UK the same enquiry twice with no reply or answer to the problem. Seems like a major negative to the MKP, the whole point of its use is its portability, its not very usefull if you have to lug around another peice of equipment to get the levels up again post MKP. Im sure there are mixers that have a gain control for incoming FX, but they are few and far between, and non of the Pioneer Mixers i use have.

My only resolve for this is when i daisy chain the MKP with my EFX 1000,

Hence DJM-800(S) > MKP > EFX-1000 > DJM-800(R)

This way i can use the gain of the EFX-1000 to bring the level up to the original (not fx'ed) sound level. Unfortunately i would prefer to do this the other way round, but that would mean driving the signal up from the EFX into the MKP, that way i can play around with the feedback loop post EFX with the MKP powerfull effects. But the EFX1000 doesnt repond well to this and clips the audio, which sounds awful in a feedback loop.

But this means lugging another peice of expensive equipment to ibiza every other weekend which is exactly what i didnt want to do and the very reason why i bought pocket sized MKP in the first place!

Korg UK Supports obvious dismissive attitude on this matter, seems like there is no way to resolve this issue and hence ignorance is bliss.

You dont get this service with Pioneer, it has put me off upgrading to a Korg Zero 4, support to me is key to a new product and my first experience with Korg hasnt been a good one! Rolling Eyes
djfl00d

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: RE: mini kp volume issue Reply with quote

I hooked up the mini KP to a Rane TTM56 thru the FlexFx send/return inputs, and had the same volume issue. If you move the dry/wet knob to the right it increases the volume for the effects input(wet), while also decreasing the volume for the program(dry), I find by setting it a little right of center there is some balance when switching to/from effects... you can bypass the FlexFx by hooking up the KP to the master out, but you have to watch your levels (I found if your red light is flashing while sampling, your sample has gaps or pops in it). Using the FlexFx, the mini KP works well with adding effects to scratches or samples.
Jiggity_J

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about DJ mixers with no dry/wet knob(allen&heath xone02)? I plan on buying one tommorrow, but now I'm not sure...
Jiggity_J

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I bought the MiniKP and the output is indeed lower than the signal with the effects switch off on my Xone. I'm going to return it and probably get the KP3. The MiniKP has everything I want in an fx unit. I just wish it had a higher output. It's too much fun using it with my new R3 though Razz
spacenerve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my KP3 and EMX1. Sad
Rickard Bremer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:01 pm    Post subject: Opposite problem... Reply with quote

Hello i just bought my first dj equipment one month ago, one mini-kp and a Behringer vmx 1000 dj-mixer. So mayby you'll understand that i'm a newbie.

But anyway i got the opposite problems with some effects. While i am using the effect the volume raises. is this normal? i would like to find a way to not have the volume raised and still play with the effects.

....anyway now when the Koassilator is here i dont now if i should buy it or save the money for my turn tables, i guess my new hobbie will ruin me.

Rickard Bremer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: