Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Custom Bank?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rdwave

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Custom Bank? Reply with quote

Can you create a custom bank of different synth settings without overwriting the program presets?

I want to take a few of the presents and save them into 1 bank so I can access it easily at a live show.

(sorry if this is a repetitive question.)
muLperi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In microKorg?

I created my own bank from Vocoder's B-side programs and moved all the good vocoder programs to A-side.
3rdwave

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, microkorg.
If you can move things, does this mean you can create a blank bank and save presets to that blank bank?
muLperi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot create new banks, but you can move programs. Though, there cannot be more than 128 programs, so something will be always replaced.

That's why I made vocoder bank my "favorites bank" because you dont really need that many vocoder programs...
pafufta816

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you use the MicroKORG software (MIDI-Computer thingy) you can save programs to files and load them into different banks. the names next to the banks don't necessarily mean anything, they are there for organization. i've been thinking about taping new lables over those for better reference to my custom sounds
3rdwave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pafufta816 wrote:
if you use the MicroKORG software (MIDI-Computer thingy) you can save programs to files and load them into different banks. the names next to the banks don't necessarily mean anything, they are there for organization. i've been thinking about taping new lables over those for better reference to my custom sounds

So, for example, I could save the factory preset to the D&B bank then load it with my own? then when I want it to return to the factory preset, I just send the saved file back to the bank?
3rdwave

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone walk me threw this step by step? Im having probs even getting my Mac to pick up the Presets on the MK.
Drop It And Drive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've wonder this as well, i wanted to put all my favourite presets in the vocoder bank. can i just move the file or do i need to chnage all the settings on A81,82,83 etc. to the same as my favourite presets?

help would be very much appreciated.
kpatz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drop It And Drive wrote:
i've wonder this as well, i wanted to put all my favourite presets in the vocoder bank. can i just move the file or do i need to chnage all the settings on A81,82,83 etc. to the same as my favourite presets?

1. Turn off memory protect with Shift+8.
2. Bring up the preset you want to move.
3. Hit "write".
4. Go to the location you want to save the preset to (e.g. A88, by changing the genre dial, bank A/B, and the number button).
5. Hit "write" again. The preset will be saved into the new location.
6. Rinse and repeat steps 2-5 for any other presets you want to relocate.

Another tip, handy when moving or creating new presets: reserve one location (I use A88) as a scratchpad area. Then, when you create something and want to save it without accidentally overwriting a preset you like, save it to that "scratchpad" location. Once it's saved, you can then look for a preset you don't mind overwriting, and then bring it back up and save it to the new location.
Drop It And Drive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much mate.
i'll give it a try if i have any problems i'll ask Smile
Drop It And Drive

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kpatz wrote:
Drop It And Drive wrote:

1. Turn off memory protect with Shift+8.
2. Bring up the preset you want to move.
3. Hit "write".
4. Go to the location you want to save the preset to (e.g. A88, by changing the genre dial, bank A/B, and the number button).
5. Hit "write" again. The preset will be saved into the new location.
6. Rinse and repeat steps 2-5 for any other presets you want to relocate.

Another tip, handy when moving or creating new presets: reserve one location (I use A88) as a scratchpad area. Then, when you create something and want to save it without accidentally overwriting a preset you like, save it to that "scratchpad" location. Once it's saved, you can then look for a preset you don't mind overwriting, and then bring it back up and save it to the new location.

anytime i try and turn off the memory/write protection it can't find the MIDI device when i open the Sound Editor. i've looked in the settings bar and its got what it should have 'USB Audio Device'
can anyone help please?
Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: