Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

patches for my new Triton Extreme

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: patches for my new Triton Extreme Reply with quote

I am new to the Korg family and would like to get the sounds that I need to perform live.
I specifically am asking if there is anyone out there that has access to the following programs or combinations for the Triton Extreme:

1. Lucky Man-ELP (that sound in the keyboard solo) It may be in my Triton Extreme but I do not know how to get it.

2. Never Been Any Reason-Head East (solo synth sound)

3. Just What I Needed-The Cars (basically the same sound in Lucky Man)
hbomb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the original song was recorded with a different synth then you can't get the exact same sound...

you'll just have to re-create the sound with whatever synth/s you have... i'm sure the triton extreme can make these sounds & even better sounds than the original

do you know how to edit/save sounds on the TE?
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm completely new to korg. I used an Alesis QS6.1 so I am familiar with how you get programs and load them into the Alesis to make a mix but I have no idea how to modify LFO's or whatever it is that you modify to get the synth sound like, C-087, to sound like the "Lucky Man" sound.
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: rock sounds Reply with quote

OK, the lucky man sound is basically a two oscillator triangle / square wave sound. the key is the filter resonance parameter there. BTW the new Korg pa800 arranger has practically the exact sound as its Synth bank 2 first preset called Old Portamento. Supposedly, the programs on the pa800 are compatible with the Triton Extreme. I have both keyboards, and will try to convert the sound. I cannot promise when. I am a busy dude. day job night gigs etc... The Head East sound I believe is a classic 70s Mini-Moog patch, sawtooth oscillator once again a lot of resonance on the filter.. I actually play the song with my band. I have a moog Voyager that I use, but I have used a sound from my Korg N1R (though it lacks a resonant filter). Again I can see what I can do with coming up with a Triton sound for that. Do you have the MOSS board? The last sound the Cars was from a Roland s1000 preset synth which had 1 oscillator, and that is definitely a sawtooth oscillator sound, he also used a mini-korg as well sometimes in concert. that sound is very thin (1 osc) but that's what makes it cut through a mix. I play the cars songs You're all I've got tonight and Bye Bye Love. I am using a Roland SH-201 for that, and I programmed my own Cars lead sounds for that. Practically the same sound. I will give your request a shot, but again it may take some time...
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: patches for my triton extreme Reply with quote

Hey Rockitman,
I'm so glad that you are going to try. I'm not sure how to get to these filters and which ones to adjust but I'm attending a Korg seminar in Tampa and I hope to learn more.
Bugatti103

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
70s Mini-Moog patch

That would be about right Wink

Emerson is one of my musical heroes never saw ELP live, but a couple of years ago saw him/The Nice at the Festival Hall in London.

The guy is a musical ledg.... in his 50's yet played his keyboards standing up for 2 hours one of the best muso's ever. Go Emo!! Laughing Laughing

Say hi!
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Emerson used MODULAR synths on those songs, as i know of.
Those sounds can never be reproduced on todays machines, NEVER!
Rockitman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Sounds Reply with quote

Nedim, Getting a classic synth sound on a more modern instrument can be difficult. So basically you are right. However, the basic methods for sound creation are the same. If you have a synth that can create analog waveshapes, or has ROM approximations of analog waveshapes and a resonant filter, you can try. The results are not always good. That is why I use 5 different synth engines in my live shows. It gives me more flexibility to approximate sounds. Every instrument has it's own sonic signature. I love a challenge, I have some time this coming weekend, so let's see what I can do...
stultzsweeties

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: ELP Genius Reply with quote

Yes, sorry for the pun, but I can't wait. I will let my audience know where the synth sound came from!!!!!!
Rockitman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Lucky Man Reply with quote

I can send you the first sound. This one wasn't hard because I basically cloned the patch Old Portamento from the pa800. The Pa800 supposedly will read Triton pcgs, however it does not go the other way. It was easy to cheat however, I basically brought up each screen and entered the parameters by hand. I think that it is a good approximation of the original sound used by ELP. The only thing I do not like is that this sound uses the high and low pass config for the filter. That does not allow you to add the resonance that keith used at the end of the solo. I was playing with using the low pass filter with resonance, but I could not get the envelope to trigger properly. The resonance only showed up after release of the note. Anyway, way too much dialog here. I'll leave the resonance to a future edit. Time is always an issue, so you'll have to wait on the other two sounds until I get a chance to try and translate a Mini-Moog 70s synth patch, and my roland synth lead for the Head East and Cars sounds. I want to know two things from anyone: How do I create a pcg file with just the one patch in it. (I tried to use pcglib but it wouldn't read my pcg from the triton extreme. Secondly how do I submit these sounds for the download section so everyone can get them.
Rockitman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Moog Modular Reply with quote

A little web research, and yes the Lucky Man solo was performed on a Moog Modular synth. So I was right it was a moog, and Nedim was right it was the modular synth and not the mini moog. Lucky Man came out in 1970 and the mini moog wasn't really in production until 1971.
davc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and also adding whatever gear was used in the studio when making the original recording would also influence the sound .... effects and whatever from the day ..!!???

so getting that exact sound is very hard .... having seen ELP and YES a few times thru the 70's , everyshow things sounded a bit different ...

so, find a sound your happy with ... enjoy it ... play and have fun ..!!!

just my 2 cents from an old player ...

DC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: