Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Details
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which TV format do you want your DVD to support?
PAL Widescreen
48%
 48%  [ 66 ]
NTSC Widescreen
26%
 26%  [ 36 ]
HDTV
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 137

Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Details Reply with quote

Updated 24th Jan 08

The information about these DVD's together with contents page and a number of screen shots from the DVD's is now published here:

http://www.korgpa.com/pa_root/en/support/arranger_secrets.html

There are not official Korg DVD's - they have been produced by members of this forum for members of this forum, and the project is run on a not for profit basis. We are extremely grateful to Korg for their kind permission to make these DVD's since copyright and trademark information owned by Korg has been used in the DVD's. Also we are indebted to Korg for the super web page advertisement they have published on their web site (link above).

Best regards from the production team,

Chris, Rob, Worth, Mick, Paul, and Sean

Last edited by Rob Sherratt on Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

My country is using PAL System but to tell you the truth I don't know the benefits of HDTV. Can you give me some information? Also please write the price in Euro please.

Thanks,
Dimitris
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dimitris,

The cheques can be made payable in pounds and your bank will automatically do the conversion when the cheque is cashed. At the moment I think £10 is approx 15 Euros. If you don't have a cheque book Worth can give you an IBAN number for direct bank to bank transfer.

On the various DVD video standards, it has been confusing to me as well, especially when presented with a list of more than 100 different encoding standards that I could use for mixing the DVD.

HD-TV and DVD-HD is a new standard being introduced for Digital TV transmissions and for the newest Blue Ray DVD players. These products and services are available in the USA and in parts of Europe, but not in Greece just yet. A PAL format TV set purchase more than 2 years ago will not play back DVD-HD's. Most recent LCD and Plasma widescreen TV sets accept nearly all the different video transmission formats. You can read more about DVD-HD here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD

P.S. I look forward to becoming your "neighbour" when I emigrate from the UK to live in Corfu, Greece next month. I have a new home near Gouvia. Maybe we will have a chance to meet in the future?

Best regards,
Rob
El mensajero

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: NTSC Reply with quote

I will comitt to buying the DVD in NTSC format once you have enought people. Looking forward in seing the DVD tutorials

Ricardo Cool
korgich

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need one in NTSC format to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
paul
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NTSC please.

Paul
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Hi Dimitris,

The cheques can be made payable in pounds and your bank will automatically do the conversion when the cheque is cashed. At the moment I think £10 is approx 15 Euros. If you don't have a cheque book Worth can give you an IBAN number for direct bank to bank transfer.

On the various DVD video standards, it has been confusing to me as well, especially when presented with a list of more than 100 different encoding standards that I could use for mixing the DVD.

HD-TV and DVD-HD is a new standard being introduced for Digital TV transmissions and for the newest Blue Ray DVD players. These products and services are available in the USA and in parts of Europe, but not in Greece just yet. A PAL format TV set purchase more than 2 years ago will not play back DVD-HD's. Most recent LCD and Plasma widescreen TV sets accept nearly all the different video transmission formats. You can read more about DVD-HD here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD

P.S. I look forward to becoming your "neighbour" when I emigrate from the UK to live in Corfu, Greece next month. I have a new home near Gouvia. Maybe we will have a chance to meet in the future?

Best regards,
Rob

To be 100% sure I would buy the PAL Version but first I will wait until you finish all 3 DVDs. I don't use checkbooks. I pay cash.

We maybe have the chance to meet in the future, indeed!! Very Happy
I don't remember names of places at Corfu but is a very beautiful island!

Regards,
Dimitris
ljbuxton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: A Very Big Thank You! Reply with quote

Rob & Co.,

I've put in my order for the DVD set, and eagerly await the first disk.
I'm sure I'm not alone when saying how much your collective efforts are appreciated. I have owned my PA1X for over two years, and despite playing it almost daily, I know that I have a lot more to learn about the instrument.

Your contribution to us fellow PA1X'ers goes way beyond expectation, and is appreciated, valued and respected.

Many thanks,

Leigh.
greenkidd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Details Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
News update

As many of you know, Worth and I undertook to produce a set of instructional DVD's covering Korg arrangers - in particular the Pa1x and the Pa800. We did this as a "not for profit" enterprise to benefit all users and if the "project" makes any surplus cash we will plough this back into producing more DVD's on requested topics in the future.

The DVD's feature Chris Whitehead who is arguably the best known demonstrator and improviser of the Pa1x and Pa800 in the UK. The recordings were done using three video cameras and a hard disk sound recorder in Chris's studio in Maidenhead UK on 8th July. Each DVD has a "four screen" view showing the chapter title, the display in close up, a rear view of the whole keyboard, and a front view of Chris as he narrates and demonstrates. On the first video we have a "star vocalist" demonstrating the Harmoniser (Worth!!). The other recordings are of Chris playing and demonstrating the Pa1x with optional MP3 board fitted.

As far as we know, the content will be useful to owners of the Pa800 as well, although we have not covered any of the "extras" that are in the new OS1.5 for the Pa800 at the moment (you lucky people!!).

It's taken three weeks to edit and mix the first 110 minute DVD, comprising 2 hours of footage from each of the three video cameras. The final mix down to PAL widescreen format for DVD 1 was completed yesterday after 14 hours continuous processing time on my dual processor PC. This is being sent for review among the production team and to Paolo Tramannoni, Karmathanever and Sharp this week.

So, the first DVD in a set of three will be available in September. Volume 2 will be available in October and volume 3 will be available in November.

The DVD's are individually presented in a jewel case with laser printed sleeve and DVD label. The first DVD's will be in PAL Widescreen format with a menu alowing you to select any of the 21 different topics that are covered on this DVD. The price is £10 each plus postage to your destination.

We are now accepting pre-orders for the first DVD (1 of 3), in PAL Widescreen format, and the contents are as follows:

DVD 1 of 3 (available Sept)
Introduction
Demonstration
Sounds & Editing
Organs & Leslie FX
Style Playing
Modifying Styles
Songbook & Editing
Vocal Processor
MP3 Recording
Sub-Output Mixes

I'm now starting to edit and mix the remaining 12 hours of footage to produce the next two DVD's. The expected contents of the next two DVD's will be as follows:

DVD 2 of 3 (available Oct)
Sequencing
Multitracking
Step Editing
Import from Midi
Quantising
Backing Sequence
Saving your work
Sound Synthesis
Effects
Creating Sounds
Grooves & Loops
Loading Samples
Drum tracks

DVD 3 of 3 (available Nov)
Style Creation
Midi to Styles
Create Styles
Editing Styles
Copying Styles
Merging .set files
Hints & Tips
Putting it into practice

If you wish to order the first DVD, please send a private message or email to either me, or to Worth, with your postal address. We will send you the DVD and if you are happy to keep it, send the £10 & Postage money via cheque to Worth at the address that will be included in the DVD box. If you don't like the DVD, then just post it back to Worth.

We will automatically send you the second and third DVD's in October and November, unless you ask us not to. Again the same deal applies. If you like the DVD then keep it and send Worth the £10 plus postage. Or return it if you don't want it.

If there is sufficient demand for NTSC format DVD's (for the USA), I may consider producing these by special request. It will need at least 15 people to commit to purchase the set of three to justify the time it takes to do a special mix in these formats. I have posted a Poll in this thread, so you can say which format you need.

I hope you like the DVD's, and I hope that some favourable reviews will appear on the forum in due course It is a pleasure and privilege to work with Chris Whitehead and Worth and my son Paul in producing these.

Best regards,
Rob

I would like these available as downloads. I can pay through Paypal.

thanks
Brian
ljbuxton

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Paypal Vs Snail-Mail Reply with quote

I'd prefer the best video/sound quailty - so please post me mine!
Although, it's a good idea for those prepared to compromise on the DVD quality I guess?

You can easily charge customers through Skype if they have PayPal accounts by the way!

Leigh.
benok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just plain dvd on my laptop wich is just about 1 year old, if this is possible i have the works, BENOK, located in canada
rbeach

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: NTSC Reply with quote

I would buy a copy in NTSC format
Funnybone55

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in. NTSC for me, please. Thanks!
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:55 am    Post subject: NTSC Format will be available Reply with quote

Thank a lot for your replies - there's a lot of interest from the USA - so I'll produce NTSC format DVD's, available in the same timescale as the PAL format DVD's. Please have pity on my poor computer which has another 13 hour shift of continuous processing to do the NTSC mix down Sad

So, to everyone wanting NTSC DVD's, just PM or email your postal address to either Worth or to me, make it clear you want NTSC format, and you will receive the first DVD in the post during September, second in October and third in November.

Sorry to have to do this in installments but it takes helluva long time to edit and mix each DVD, and I have a paid job to do as well!

The cost per DVD is £10 plus refund of postal costs. We will only be charging the actual cost of postage, and there will be no extra charge for the jiffy bag! If you want to return your DVD instead of paying for it, that will be fine. We are doing this based on trust and friendship.

After receiving several requests for this, we are arranging a Paypal account, because that might be the easiest way for many people to send the money. We will also accept cheques, posted to Worth. The details for payment will be enclosed with the DVD.

Best regards,
Rob

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Very Happy
chrisdance

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob PM sent.
Chris.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: