Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Details
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which TV format do you want your DVD to support?
PAL Widescreen
48%
 48%  [ 66 ]
NTSC Widescreen
26%
 26%  [ 36 ]
HDTV
25%
 25%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 137

Ar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought that DVD... It's a great one. It has all the secrets! Thanks for your news
jim parkin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Details Reply with quote

greenkidd wrote:
Rob Sherratt wrote:
News update

As many of you know, Worth and I undertook to produce a set of instructional DVD's covering Korg arrangers - in particular the Pa1x and the Pa800. We did this as a "not for profit" enterprise to benefit all users and if the "project" makes any surplus cash we will plough this back into producing more DVD's on requested topics in the future.

The DVD's feature Chris Whitehead who is arguably the best known demonstrator and improviser of the Pa1x and Pa800 in the UK. The recordings were done using three video cameras and a hard disk sound recorder in Chris's studio in Maidenhead UK on 8th July. Each DVD has a "four screen" view showing the chapter title, the display in close up, a rear view of the whole keyboard, and a front view of Chris as he narrates and demonstrates. On the first video we have a "star vocalist" demonstrating the Harmoniser (Worth!!). The other recordings are of Chris playing and demonstrating the Pa1x with optional MP3 board fitted.

As far as we know, the content will be useful to owners of the Pa800 as well, although we have not covered any of the "extras" that are in the new OS1.5 for the Pa800 at the moment (you lucky people!!).

It's taken three weeks to edit and mix the first 110 minute DVD, comprising 2 hours of footage from each of the three video cameras. The final mix down to PAL widescreen format for DVD 1 was completed yesterday after 14 hours continuous processing time on my dual processor PC. This is being sent for review among the production team and to Paolo Tramannoni, Karmathanever and Sharp this week.

So, the first DVD in a set of three will be available in September. Volume 2 will be available in October and volume 3 will be available in November.

The DVD's are individually presented in a jewel case with laser printed sleeve and DVD label. The first DVD's will be in PAL Widescreen format with a menu alowing you to select any of the 21 different topics that are covered on this DVD. The price is £10 each plus postage to your destination.

We are now accepting pre-orders for the first DVD (1 of 3), in PAL Widescreen format, and the contents are as follows:

DVD 1 of 3 (available Sept)
Introduction
Demonstration
Sounds & Editing
Organs & Leslie FX
Style Playing
Modifying Styles
Songbook & Editing
Vocal Processor
MP3 Recording
Sub-Output Mixes

I'm now starting to edit and mix the remaining 12 hours of footage to produce the next two DVD's. The expected contents of the next two DVD's will be as follows:

DVD 2 of 3 (available Oct)
Sequencing
Multitracking
Step Editing
Import from Midi
Quantising
Backing Sequence
Saving your work
Sound Synthesis
Effects
Creating Sounds
Grooves & Loops
Loading Samples
Drum tracks

DVD 3 of 3 (available Nov)
Style Creation
Midi to Styles
Create Styles
Editing Styles
Copying Styles
Merging .set files
Hints & Tips
Putting it into practice

If you wish to order the first DVD, please send a private message or email to either me, or to Worth, with your postal address. We will send you the DVD and if you are happy to keep it, send the £10 & Postage money via cheque to Worth at the address that will be included in the DVD box. If you don't like the DVD, then just post it back to Worth.

We will automatically send you the second and third DVD's in October and November, unless you ask us not to. Again the same deal applies. If you like the DVD then keep it and send Worth the £10 plus postage. Or return it if you don't want it.

If there is sufficient demand for NTSC format DVD's (for the USA), I may consider producing these by special request. It will need at least 15 people to commit to purchase the set of three to justify the time it takes to do a special mix in these formats. I have posted a Poll in this thread, so you can say which format you need.

I hope you like the DVD's, and I hope that some favourable reviews will appear on the forum in due course It is a pleasure and privilege to work with Chris Whitehead and Worth and my son Paul in producing these.

Best regards,
Rob

I would like these available as downloads. I can pay through Paypal.

thanks
Brian

Hi rob I have the first two I would like the 3rd one if you would send to me as the first two it would be great,jim parkin 16463 lakeview cir. Whitehouse texas 75791 usa...thanks rob, also send me a bill with the amount in U.S Dollards and I will send a check back return address...thanks jim
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

Please send an email to korgrrangersecrets@gmail.com to order and I will forward your details to Frank Ventresca, Audioworks CT who is distributor in USA. The DVD's are a boxed set of 3.

Best regards,
Rob
jim parkin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
Hi Jim,

Please send an email to korgrrangersecrets@gmail.com to order and I will forward your details to Frank Ventresca, Audioworks CT who is distributor in USA. The DVD's are a boxed set of 3.

Best regards,
Rob

HI ROB,I can't get through on this E Mail site, also I olny need the 3rd CD.
jim
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my DVD set from Frank and I'm absolutely thrilled with it. Great job Rob. your son Paul, Chris, and Worth. It was pricey up here into Canada ($90 U.S. + another $35Cdn. C.O.D. tacked on by UPS), but where else could I get knowledge like this presented so well? Kudos all round.
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jim parkin wrote:
Rob Sherratt wrote:
Hi Jim,

Best regards,
Rob

HI ROB,I can't get through on this E Mail site, also I olny need the 3rd CD.
jim

Sorry about mistyped email address - it is korgarrangersecrets@gmail.com

The DVD's are not sold individually, they are a set of 3 in a single box.

Regards,
Rob
pauli

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: instructional dvd set Reply with quote

Hi Rob
Are theses the same dvd's that I bought back in 2007?
or is it a new set?

thanks
pauli

Peace,
Pauli
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: instructional dvd set Reply with quote

pauli wrote:
Hi Rob
or is it a new set?

thanks
pauli

Pauli,

They are the same DVD's. I assume you will want to cancel your order that I just received?

Best regards,
Rob
jim parkin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: instructional dvd set Reply with quote

Rob Sherratt wrote:
pauli wrote:
Hi Rob
or is it a new set?

thanks
pauli

Pauli,

They are the same DVD's. I assume you will want to cancel your order that I just received?

Best regards,
Rob

Hi rob sounds like you guy's better get buzy on a new set,,,yes yes yes..
best to you ,,jim
mahmoud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

How could i get the 3 CD for pa1x pro ? you still have them ?
mahmoud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 am    Post subject: DVD Reply with quote

How could i get the 3 CD for pa1x pro ? you still have them ?
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mahmoud,

Just send an email to korgarrangersecrets@gmail.com with the delivery address you need them sent to. We will then reply to you with price including P&P and PAYPAL account details for the payment.

Best regards,
Rob
daly29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject: PA1x Pro DVD set Reply with quote

Hi I wonder if it is still possible to get these DVD's please I have emailed the address below but no reply as yet.

korgarrangersecrets@gmail.com
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Daly

Just in case your other email has not been delivered, please also send an email to my personal address by pressing the email button below.

Best regards
Rob
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nearly 2 years later, but can this set of 3 be ordered still?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: