Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Ordering
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Korg Arranger Secrets - Instructional DVD - Ordering Reply with quote

The first of three instructional DVDs for Korg Arrangers (Pa1x featured, but applicable to Pa800) is available at £10 and will be shipped in September. The DVDs feature Chris Whitehead, arguably the best known demonstrator and improviser using Pa800 and Pa1x in the UK.

Full details, plus how to order, here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=183128#183128

Best regards,
Rob
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making this a "sticky" for a short while to give all a chance to view it.

Pete (Moderator) Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

We reviewed the first of the three DVD's which Rob sent to Korg for comments. The DVD adopts a very good approach to explaining our arranger. Chris Whitehead explains things and demonstrates what to do very clearly. We already know him doing this during the time spent in Korg UK. The three views in the edited DVD (front, side and display) are one of the most confortable solutions for tutorials, no question. A work very well conceived and done.

Paolo
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

The first batch of 100 sets (60 PAL and 40 NTSC) of the three instructional DVD's are currently being duplicated (as at 28th Nov 07). They will be sent out during the next fortnight in presentation DVD boxes to those forum members who have pre-ordered.

I hope you enjoy the DVD's during the forthcoming festive season. Please post feedback about the DVD's on this thread?

Any new orders received after 1st Dec will be collated and when we have 25 orders for either PAL or for NTSC we will run off another batch. The price for the boxed set of three DVD's is £30 plus P&P at cost, payable from the invoice (PAYPAL, cheque or EFT) which we send you with your order.

While writing, I gratefully acknowledge the help of the following people who contributed their time and skills to the project:

Chris Whitehead
Worth Quarrie
Michael Barry
Sean Ashmore
Paul Sherratt

And of course thanks to Korg for their keyboards and for their consent which enabled this independent volunteer project to go ahead.

Best regards,
Rob
lsconner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: What is difference between PAL and NTSC? Reply with quote

Will either of these formats work in a regular DVD player for TV----OR---- DVD player on a computer? I would like to order the set, but wondering which format will work. I live in the US.

Thanks................... Cool
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:15 pm    Post subject: Re: What is difference between PAL and NTSC? Reply with quote

lsconner wrote:
Will either of these formats work in a regular DVD player for TV----OR---- DVD player on a computer? I would like to order the set, but wondering which format will work. I live in the US.

Hi,

The NTSC versions will work in all USA DVD players.
The PAL versions will work in all European DVD players.

If your computer and DVD drive will play Videos purchased from your local shop in the USA, then it will also play the NTSC version of the Arranger Secrets DVD's.

If you want to order please note the new email address:

korgarrangersecrets@gmail.com

Best regards,
Rob
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I want to thank you and Worth and Chris and everyone else for this video. I have been learning from it and enjoying it.

Now I just need a Pa2X. Coming soon..................

More, please.

Graham
herati

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Hi Guys, Reply with quote

Any news on when the dvds will be sent out?
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Herati,

I'm a little confused by your question. We have sent out over 100 DVD sets to date, and are currently preparing another new batch of 200 DVD sets and will fulfill all outstanding orders in February, and after that we should have sufficient stock to last several months. However I can not trace an order from you under the pseudonym "herati".

Could you please send an email to:

korgarrangersecrets@gmail.com

... enclose your full name and address. We will then send your DVD's early February with an invoice and you can pay us after you receive them. Also please attach copies of any correspondence from you that I may have missed. I am keen to track this down.

Best regards,
Rob and Worth
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received the following proposal from Rob, Mick and Chris who produced the current set of three "Arranger Secrets" DVD's. We have made some "profit" from the current DVD's and Rob, Mick and Chris are willing to use the proceeds to produce a fourth DVD in July that will be available to existing customers. The charge for producing this fourth DVD will be £900 and the money will be split equally between Rob Mick and Chris. They will fund their flights and accommodation in Corfu, plus will provide the necessary recording studio equipment while doing the filming and production of the DVD. There will be no other expenses.

Would existing customers of the "Arranger Secrets" DVD's like us to go ahead and produce a fourth DVD on this basis? If so, the content will be based on a Pa2x (same OS as Pa800) and can cover any topics that the majority of people would like to see included, subject to a limit of 1 hour 10 minutes capacity on the DVD.

If the project goes ahead then I (Worth) have agreed that the charge to existing customers would be £5 plus P&P at cost. I do not expect to generate any "spare" money out of this. For that money you would receive the DVD screen printed, plus a new case label for your existing DVD case, and the new label will include the index to all 4 DVD's.

So, please reply here whether you want the money to be used in this way. And if your answer is "yes", then what would you like to be included on the DVD? Some suggestions from Rob are:

a) Sampling an electric guitar, layering the samples with velocity triggering on the keyboard, and producing a number of user sounds based on the samples.

b) Full exploration of "guitar mode" backings on the Pa2x/Pa800. How to create nice styles using "guitar mode".

c) More detail on using the EFX unit on the Pa2x/Pa800, Vocoder, Leslie effects etc.

d) Loading a wide variety of user sounds, samples and styles from different sources such as from Pa1x, Pa800, Pa80. How to map the sounds and styles to fit in with existing .SET file libraries you already have created, but which may have spare slots.

But the emphasis will be on what you say you want.

Best regards,
Worth
Bernie9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
Clavie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: content of 4th DVD Reply with quote

The suggested topics should prove to be very useful additions and I like the idea of benefiting financially, existing owners of the other 3 DVD's.
Best Wishes
Clavie
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Arranger Secrets DVD Masters have been sent off to the duplicators today so we should have back the additional copies in about 6 days. we will then start posting them out to all the people that ordered and missed out on the first production run. We are almost there now . Thanks for your patience
rikkisbears
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
just wondering to what extent you have covered style creation/editing in the DVD's, ie stuff like the note transposition tables, when to use parallel i series setting ( & what type of chord does it cover, I'm guessing it's a maj7th??)
This keyboards got some great style creation functions but details are lacking in the manual.

I think I've worked most of them out anyway, but some proffesional guidance sure would help.

best wishes
Rikki
Rob Sherratt
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rikkisbears wrote:
Hi,
just wondering to what extent you have covered style creation/editing in the DVD's, ie stuff like the note transposition tables, when to use parallel i series setting ( & what type of chord does it cover, I'm guessing it's a maj7th??)
This keyboards got some great style creation functions but details are lacking in the manual.

I think I've worked most of them out anyway, but some proffesional guidance sure would help.

best wishes
Rikki

Chris covered MIDI to Style, Style creation from scratch (multi tracking), Creating style variations and copying VARs. We did not cover CV's or parallel i series settings this time. Maybe this is something we can include on the fourth DVD if enough people want it explained?

Best regards,
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: