Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any Quantum Leap users here ?.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Any Quantum Leap users here ?. Reply with quote

Hi Guys.
I'm on the verge of buying these two.

http://www.soundsonline.com/EastWest-Quantum-Leap-Symphonic-Choirs-pr-EW-165.html
http://www.soundsonline.com/EWQLSO-Platinum-Bundle-pr-EW-155PROB1.html

Any have an opinion on these, good, crap, ok ?.

Kind Regards.
Sharp.
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind... just ordered it. Shocked

Regards.
Sharp.
unimon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: EWQLPO Reply with quote

Now if only there was a Receptor promotion with this sale as well....
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... so true. !!!!

Thankfully though I now have a dual core Sony Viao laptop with 2GB of ram, and 620GB of HDD thanks to the company I've been designing data base software for.

Mine to keep, and should do the trick for running this software too.

Regards.
Sharp.
MartinHines
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp wrote:
Yeah... so true. !!!!

Thankfully though I now have a dual core Sony Viao laptop with 2GB of ram, and 620GB of HDD thanks to the company I've been designing data base software for.

Mine to keep, and should do the trick for running this software too.

Regards.
Sharp.

With EWQLSO Platinum XP Pro, it is so huge and resource intensive (24-bit samples) you will have to bounce tracks alot. It does sound nice though.

Just FYI, EastWest ran out of physical hard copy manuals so your copy may only have a link to an electronic manual version:
http://www.soundsonline.com/static/downloads/docs/EWQLSO_PRO_XP_Manual.pdf

I wish other sample library companies would follow the lead of EastWest in terms of continual discounting of their products over time. People who purchased EWQLSO Platinum and Platinum Pro XP when they first came out paid $6,000 for what you purchased for $995.
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, Sharp, you're going to have one hell of a lot of "fun" trying to run that on a laptop!!!!!! Laughing

A little over a year ago, EWQL was highly recommending the use of 4!!! computers to run Platinum Pro XP; one each for strings, brass, woodwinds and percussion, each with at least 2 GB of ram. It was because of this that I decided to get Gold Pro XP bundle and pass on Platinum, since I'm strictly doing this for fun and can't justify spending that much on computers, besides which, I don't even have enough room in my little studio to hold 4 computers.

However, it's a very, very good symphonic library and you'll love it once you get it working. It's very easy to use because everything is already done for you, ie, it's all panned properly and has reverb built in.

The Gold version is one of my two favorite libraries; the other is Kirk Hunter's Diamond which I actually got as Emerald then Ruby.

Have fun,
Tom
Sharp
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom.

Thanks for that.
Seems that the Receptors are the way to go. I'm after spending a lot of time researching them, and a standard unit can run the Strings, Brass and Wood Libraries at the same time with easy.

If I get a pro edition, I should have all I need to run the 3 above, and the percussion library.

I'll keep the Choir library on the desktop on the Studio. That's a fairly good PC, and more than powerful enough to run the Choir library.

Now all I need is the money to get the Receptor Smile

Regards.
Sharp.
Tomcat
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharp,

The Platinum Pro XP Bundle is the #1 epic movie, in your face library at this point in time. It is very easy to use out of the box because it is all setup for that.

The downside is that it is very, very difficult to get a "normal" symphony orchestra sound out of it and that is why I bought Kirk Hunter's Diamond Orchestra, which is also very easy to use out of the box but is more usable for regular symphony work as well as having chamber and studio string ensembles included so you can do smaller group orchestrations.

I also have VSL VI SE Standard and I MUCH, MUCH prefer the above two sample libraries to it, but that is just IMO. I feel SE is VSL's "sucker" edition because it is simply designed to "suck" you into buying their bigger libraries (for a LOT more money) however, this is simply my viewpoint and I see a lot of other people raving about how good SE is.

I also use these libraries inside Cubase 4 with Kontakt 2 and not with the included Kompakt Player. Konakt 2 has a lot more features that I feel are worth the price of admission.

Have fun with you new stuff,
Tom
Triton Lounger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping for more of their titles to release in PLAY version for Intel Mac. I like what I'm hearing so far. They have their hands full to say the least.

Great Customer Support I might add as well.
A.K.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running this on your lap top might not be the best idea. What audio card will you be using? What Sequencer? I have most of their products, they were good when they first started out but with the introduction of RA things changed. The quality of samples, and sound was just terrible. I was extemely dissappointed in their product. The problem is its engine is native instrument engine which runs on ram. So you better have plenty of ram because sometimes a single patch can use as much as 400 mb's and thats on the low end. Receptor is pretty probably a better choice but I have not personally had the opportunity to have a play at it yet.

Personally the best choice will be the VSL because of their perofrmance tool which allows you to sound about as close to the real thing as possible. No one can get close to them. Problem is they are not cheap. You can probably get the old stuff here and there but it runs on GIGA studio which is almost dead.

My expeirence with QA Leap has not been all that great. I have the gold version but at the time it was my only option.

Hope this helps.
Wolfram1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that Symphonic Choirs requires 4GB of RAM to run smoothly.
I tried it on my PC and it was a disgrace. But hey, what can I say...I only have 1GB Sad
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do lots of orchestral emulation, and i use the platinum xp pro version. I liked them a lot. Yeah, it's true that they're huge and CPU hungry. I have lots of horse power on my Turnkey system, but i ended up getting a receptor anyways. It helps me a lot. I've never had problem with receptor. The only thing is that i use Pro tools, and they haven't developed their "uniwire" to support Rtas yet!

Anyways it's a very cool machine. As far as the "symphonic library", i know you can install the main library on receptor, but i don't think if you can do that with "word builder"??? Don't quote me on this, but do a research first, if you haven't bought it yet.

To me "word builder" was the reason why i bought symphonic choir.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Sampling and Libraries All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: