Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

loading...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: loading...? Reply with quote

Ok guys, I am still fairly new to the triton extreme only had it for two weeks now. This is my problem now, i have 2-3 sets that have some good sounds and some bad sounds. I want to take out some combionats from sets 2 and 3 and put them in set 1. Is there a way I can do this so i can load the required programs and samples etc. all in one go for one combi? Anyone understand what im trying to do? :S hope i haven't confused you guys...basically i wanna take some combis from one set and copy them to another set.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a gray hair of doing exactly what you want and there is no, NO WAY
in one go, your chair should be SMOKING the hell out of it.
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so basically...i am screwd? haha...gona have to cut a few hours from my sleep i guess to try sort this out. another problem i have is the auto-change for programs and combinations when i change banks. is there a way i can turn this off ?
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Load the first set of sounds
2. In media mode open pcg. data of set 2 and 3 - choose set 2 (folder with set 2) choose .pcg file, press "open" then choose programs then again "open" than select bank that stores desired program and than you can select just one particular program. So load that program into Extreme and basically add it to ones you loaded in the first place. Do the same with combinations.
3. When you arrange all that, go to media mode and choose "Save all" (upper right dropping tab) and you'll have all desired programs and combis in one place.
4. Read the Operation and Parameter Guide - it's all written in there.

About
Quote:
auto-change for programs and combinations when i change banks.
- what do you mean?
If you play program 020 in bank A, for example, and change to program E, it should go to program 020 in program E, no problem there. There isn't option to change that kind of behavior, so how does your Extreme auto-change?
emir82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shrike wrote:
1. Load the first set of sounds
2. In media mode open pcg. data of set 2 and 3 - choose set 2 (folder with set 2) choose .pcg file, press "open" then choose programs then again "open" than select bank that stores desired program and than you can select just one particular program. So load that program into Extreme and basically add it to ones you loaded in the first place. Do the same with combinations.
3. When you arrange all that, go to media mode and choose "Save all" (upper right dropping tab) and you'll have all desired programs and combis in one place.

Hi Shrike.
I was wondering how to do all this as well. Question is, what happens if the program you're copying/loading uses samples? Does the extreme auto-load the samples too or do you have to do this manually. I know when you do this on a pa1x, it automatically copies the sample along with the program for you.

And also with this, when you copy/load a combination from another set, and the containing programs in that combi do not match the original set, it could sound very messy. So you have to load the programs within that combi, individually, and then re-set their locations in the actual combi. I hope that made sense.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrike said it correct and nice but he forgot other things, there is a lot more
to it then what Shrike said, if you have SAMPLES then get your chair ready
to start smoking. It is a lot of work. You have to load each set and check
the whole set, then write down everything you want to load, KMPs too.
After that you have to LOAD everything, then reassign KMPS in PM and
after that you have to reassign everything in COMBI mode.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I didn't mention it about samples.
Rearranging data like that takes time, but it's the only way to do it.
Probably the best thing to do is to make it hierarchically:
1. load the samples and multisamples - try everyone in particular, to see if everything works like it's suppose to.
2. load programs and assign proper multisamples
3. load combinations and assign programs to them
4. load songs and adjust programs/combis to timbres and channels.
It's big work, and Nedim said it correctly, it takes a good chair and FEW packs of cigarettes.

Emir, Extreme doesn't auto-load samples/multisamples. If you assign multisample (RAM multisample that is) to program, program will remember multisamples position, not the multisample itself. So you have to assign them manualy.
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" - what do you mean?
If you play program 020 in bank A, for example, and change to program E, it should go to program 020 in program E, no problem there. There isn't option to change that kind of behavior, so how does your Extreme auto-change?"

That's exactly what I meant by auto-change shirke. If im using bank A program 020 and i go to bank B and it will automatically select the sound in bank B 020...or if i go bank C it will go to the sound in C 020. I know my pa800 has feature to turn this off, just wondered if the TE could do this too... guess not. Maybe a future update could add this feature?
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you would like to change the bank to program 000 each time, not to previously selected slot? If that's the case, then I think it's not possible on Extreme.
I highly doubt Korg will make future updates for any Triton, Extreme is stable with 1.0.5. OS so there's no reason to make an update, besides indulging our wishes (I would like some features too).
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No shrike, that is not what I wanted. Lets say I am playing with a program in bank A 025. I need to switch to a program in C 034. When I push bank C I didn't want the program to change automatically to C 025. I just wanted to to browse through bank C and select my desired program (C 034). Anyway...my question has been answered, it's not possible Sad

I have another question though Very Happy it's about the USB stick. If I turn my triton on without my usb memory stick in, my triton won't recognise the usb stick when I put it in. However if I turn my triton on with the usb stick in there it recognises it. Is this normal?
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes its normal Harise, jebote dosta pitanja, onako kako smo ti rekli tako jest.
Nema ljeka za te Banke niti za tog USB sticka, kad ga ubacis idi u MEDIA
i posle idi dole na krajnju stranicu gdje pise MEDIA INFO, gore na strelicu odaberi
SCAN USB DEVICE i posle toga izacice na LOAD.
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemoj vikat na coeka, Nedime, pa pita coek dal moze ovo, dal moze ono.
A ti Harise nemoj pitat svasta da Nedim ne pizdi.
Nema na engleskom dobrih psovki, je mi drago kad se predje na domaci.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Very Happy
Mr.Korg89

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Za svako pitanje sto sam postavio ja sam prvo tu stvar sam pokusao odraditi ..nisam uspjeo. onda sam pitao ostale koji imaju vise izkustva sa extreme. Neznam kakav je to problem sto sam pitao za one stvari koje mi nisu jasne bile. Forum jest da se pita i da se sazna ono sto se nezna Very Happy eh pa hajde sad reci jesam li u pravu ili ne? Razz
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harise, ma u pravu si, pa ko nas zavadi, jebemu?
Nedim se zajebava, ja se zajebavam, jedino ti shvatio ozbiljno.
Samo ti pitaj sta god ti treba, sve cemo ti rec.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: