Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA800 Styles mapping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amiri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: PA800 Styles mapping Reply with quote

Styles from PA50/60/80 Korg I3/I30 And all styles from Yamaha keyboards doesn't sound good when you load them on PA800 Is it possible to sample the drum kit from all the above keyboards and load them into PA800. When we want to map them we have the right drum kits for it. or maybe it is possible to create a new drum kit from pa800 kit based on what sounds assigned on which keys. to solve this mapping problem.

Thanks,
Amiri
Q.E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: PA800 Styles mapping Reply with quote

the easiest way would be , when you loaded your style into the pa800, select your style, then select the drum track and while your style is playing switch between different drum kits or

save your drum kit (any PA series) under the USER KIT , save it on a floppy , put the floppy in the computer, connect your PA800 via USB and then drag N drop it in PA800's drum folder and REassign that drum kit to your style...

i did it worked for me...

ALL the pa series sounds CAN be transfered to PA800 via USB ...

all you have to is SAVE it under the USER sounds or drum kits, then load them into pa800 without any differences...

PA80 has a great SITAR sound that PA800 doesn't have that one sound, so i saved it under USER sounds, then i upload it back to my PA800 via USB

good luck..
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Post subject Reply with quote

Salam Qader jan:

Glad to hear from you again. The process that you have mentioned is the same process that I have been doing and I know I talked to Hamid jan and he is using the same process. But the problem is, the time that it takes to map these kits with their original styles. I guess it is my age and my slow brain that can no longer tolerate this thing..... To me,when ever the drum kits are loaded, the system should recognize them and assign them to the style that they belong and not pick what ever it wanted. That is my hope and dream but I guess it is impossible. Hope to hear from you and take care.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy
amiri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Qader jan,

I knew there is way to do it but it needed a PRO to Fugger it out . I wonder if that is possible to do the same thing with Yamaha PSR series. Also would you please give us more detail how to save the sounds on floppy your help greatly appreciated. Also Fahim jan, I think qader Jan talking about the whole kit you can save and transfer from the keyboard. Not sampling .

Amiri
Q.E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello dear !!

well, here is how it works ::

when you load a style from a previous korg model like pa80/60/50, all it does is that the keyboard processor looks for the same name of the sound or DK, when i doesn't find the exact ones, then it goes for the closest name available and assigns it to a previous style, that is why GM kits and sounds are very much standart so when you load a song or something, it knows what drum to pick and etc....

solution :

anything you like from your previous keyboards save them on a floppy, (UNDER USER DATA..) connect the floppy to computer and use USB to load them to PA800

long story short, you CAN have all your favorite sounds and patches from any pa series to PA800 by using the above procedures....

if more detailed is needed plzzzz let me know, i will be more slow and etc...
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q.E wrote:
hello dear !!

well, here is how it works ::

when you load a style from a previous korg model like pa80/60/50, all it does is that the keyboard processor looks for the same name of the sound or DK, when i doesn't find the exact ones, then it goes for the closest name available and assigns it to a previous style, that is why GM kits and sounds are very much standart so when you load a song or something, it knows what drum to pick and etc....

solution :

anything you like from your previous keyboards save them on a floppy, (UNDER USER DATA..) connect the floppy to computer and use USB to load them to PA800

long story short, you CAN have all your favorite sounds and patches from any pa series to PA800 by using the above procedures....

if more detailed is needed plzzzz let me know, i will be more slow and etc...

Salaam Qader jan:

Yes! Please more detailed and more slow. Thanks.....

Fahim, Very Happy Embarassed
amiri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qader jan,

Thanks for the replay. Please tell me the process how to save the drum kit on floppy. I never had a korg keybard before I were using Technic I will be borrowing the PA 50 and PA 80 from a friend. Thanks for your help.

Amiri
Q.E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transferring an exact sound or an exact drum kit from PAxxxx to the PA800 :

1.press sound ( get out of style mode)

2.put your finger at the corner of the display to select "write"
chose an empty spot for the new sound or DK in the USER area

3. so now you have few new sounds in your USER area, no matter what they are !!(DKs or sounds)

4. write all you USER data on a floppy, insert it in a PC, connect PC via USB to your PA800...

5.open both drives (A:\ and korg drive H:\ or G:\)

6. drag N drop your sounds to the sound folder and drop your drum kits to your USER drum kit section...

now, all those sounds are available for use in pa800....just assign them to any style...

good luck..
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: PA800 Styles mapping Reply with quote

amiri wrote:
Styles from PA50/60/80 Korg I3/I30 And all styles from Yamaha keyboards doesn't sound good when you load them on PA800 Is it possible to sample the drum kit from all the above keyboards and load them into PA800. When we want to map them we have the right drum kits for it. or maybe it is possible to create a new drum kit from pa800 kit based on what sounds assigned on which keys. to solve this mapping problem.

Thanks,
Amiri

Yes it is possible to sample, i already have:
Tyros 2 KIT
Roland G-1000 Kit
Motif ES Kit
PSR9000 Kit
Battery 3 Kit
and some other sutuff...but i use them for creating styles from scratch,
not just remaping, for remaping you dont need samples.
shahid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ,

I have noticed that the drum kit mapping with PA800 is just one octave (12 notes) behind than Yamaha's drum kit and not suffled actually.

I mean if the sound in C1 at PA800 on any drum kit is a Kick, the similar sound at Yamaha is at C2, on the same location (C1) on Yamaha is a different but when I started checking by transposing 12 notes + with PA800, all the mapping became compatible to each other, so

Yamaha C1 = PA800 C2

and so on

Thanks
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Drum kits mapping in Pa800 Reply with quote

Hello Shahid:

How can we make Pa800 read or load Yamaha drum kits? If I have a style that was transferred from Yamaha to Korg Pa, and now how can I make Pa800 to recognize the drum kits for Yamaha and assign the drum kits to the original Transferred Yamaha style? Is this possible? My other question; is there a way to have all Yamaha drum kits under the name of Yamaha durm kits saved in the user area, meaning have a durm kit folder for what ever arranger keyboard that we have and save them in pa800. Next time when we load a style for that particular keyboard, pa 800 could just go to that keyboards particular drum kits folder and assign them to that style. This is kind of hard to explain but that is best I could do.
I thank you all for help and support.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Fahim, there is no way of doing that but first of all you have to understand
one thing:
Do you want the YAMAHA SSOUNDS as they SOUND or do you just
want the Maping?
If its Maping you have to have the Yamaha next to you and create
the KITS on the PA800 the way they are on the YAMAHA there is no
other way but if you want the SOUNDS them selves then you have
to SAMPLE them and then do MAPING the same way.
You can save those KITS anywhere in the USER DK area.
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: USER DK in Pa800 Reply with quote

Hello everyone:

Last week I went back to OS 1.0 and RES 1.0 than upgraded to OS 1.01 RES 1.01.
Note: I have not upgraded to OS 1.0.2 yet.

As you all know that afther laoding the RES 1.01 there is nothing in the User and Favorite area of the the Korg Pa800. So I loaded a SET with only 5 styles in its USER 01 section and that is it. This SET contain PCM,SOUND,GLOBAL AND STYLE(USER 01 ONLY) folders. In the Sound folder I have USER01.PCG and USER02.PCG and USERDK.PCG only. The USER DK has 64 drum kits in it. I loaded the whole SET since there was nothing in the pa800 to be replaced in the user01 area. Afther loading and when I start palying the styles one at a time. They all sounded really bad. Than when I checked the drum kits, none were picked up from the user DK area and all were picked up form the drum/perc section of the keyboard. This is not right. I have nothing else on the keybard but this SET beside the factory sets than why Pa800 automatically assigned the styles to the factory DK instead the ones that were a part of the styles and were in the user DK area. I had to pick and choose one at a time from the drum kits area that sounded good with those styles and really could not figured out which of the kits in user DK were the origianl kits that were assigned to these styles.

Am I doing something wrong. Lately no matter what SET that I load, all will have the wrong drum kits assigned to them by pa800 and I had to remap them.
Has anyone faced this type of problem? I just had enough of this mapping and reassigning every time I load a new set.

Need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,

Fahim, Sad Question
amiri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nedim,
I'm going to sample one by one each key of PA50 and PA80 to create a new drum kit for pa800. Then won't have to deal with too much mapping. Now we need your help, how to make a PCG SET to load the whole drum kit in USER DRUM KIT .

Thanks,
Amiri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: