Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attention Veteran Korg R3-ers, i need your help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
klubvibez

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: Attention Veteran Korg R3-ers, i need your help Reply with quote

so i was walkin through guitar center the other day and i saw an r3 for sale for $447 i bought it immediately because i know thats a really good price. but anyway, im debating whether i should sell it on ebay or not.

its obviously cool and does a lot of things, but im worried i dont know fully what its capable of. the manual doesn't cut it for me, its too confusing, and the software is pretty cool but i dont know how to use it. im into house music. i wanted to use the korg during live sets, to mix in something fresh besides just spinnin other DJ's tracks. this is my setup. i run the korg through the mixxer and then through speakers.

one of the problems im having, compared to the CD-J's, the korg's volume output is very very low. even on halway, one of the CD-J's DROWNS OUT the sound of the korg when its up ALL the way. maybe there's a setting in the r3 somewhere im missing?

also, and this is the main problem i have with the r3. lets say im playing an instrument in the bank P-1 for example, if i want to quickly switch over to P-2, there is a delay..........not suitable for live performing. Am i correct about this or am i doing something wrong? Also, please direct your attention to the factory program in location O-1. that raunchy beat, thats the type of music i spin. is there anyway i can fill the rest of all those programs up with beats like this? How did they get that beat in there to begin with, it couldnt' have been created entirely on the R3. sorry for the barrage of questions, im an ultra newbie when it comes to this. thanks for all your help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Craig Wilson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Attention Veteran Korg R3-ers, i need your help Reply with quote

If you just bought it at guitar center, they have a 30 day return...as for volume, you could get a TRS to stereo RCA cable and use the headphone out if you need that much gain, my R3 puts out about the same voltage as my CD players FWIW...

The R3 does not have a beat box built in, you can use the arp, and mod sequencers to aproximate that. _however_ you might prefer a different kind of box for what you are trying to do though. Check out korgs electribe stuff! Especially for house, techno etc...

I've only had my R3 for a few weeks and I am really into it. But I come from old school analog and electronic kit synthesis as well as sampling and FM and so on, so the R3 serves me well. I also have many other sonic choices available such as Korg's PA1XPro which is an arranger Keyboard and I can use it to create massive house beats on the fly!! I also use it to play mp3's and SFX etc. Anyway, the electribe stuff does that kind of stuff too, check it out...

cheers, happy hunting!
Craig

klubvibez wrote:
so i was walkin through guitar center the other day and i saw an r3 for sale for $447 i bought it immediately because i know thats a really good price. but anyway, im debating whether i should sell it on ebay or not.

its obviously cool and does a lot of things, but im worried i dont know fully what its capable of. the manual doesn't cut it for me, its too confusing, and the software is pretty cool but i dont know how to use it. im into house music. i wanted to use the korg during live sets, to mix in something fresh besides just spinnin other DJ's tracks. this is my setup. i run the korg through the mixxer and then through speakers.

one of the problems im having, compared to the CD-J's, the korg's volume output is very very low. even on halway, one of the CD-J's DROWNS OUT the sound of the korg when its up ALL the way. maybe there's a setting in the r3 somewhere im missing?

also, and this is the main problem i have with the r3. lets say im playing an instrument in the bank P-1 for example, if i want to quickly switch over to P-2, there is a delay..........not suitable for live performing. Am i correct about this or am i doing something wrong? Also, please direct your attention to the factory program in location O-1. that raunchy beat, thats the type of music i spin. is there anyway i can fill the rest of all those programs up with beats like this? How did they get that beat in there to begin with, it couldnt' have been created entirely on the R3. sorry for the barrage of questions, im an ultra newbie when it comes to this. thanks for all your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: