Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help installing RES v150 ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dnj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Help installing RES v150 ? Reply with quote

I installed the 1.51 os no problem.....but I need help doing the Res file.....do you do it the same way via USB or?

for the RES upgrade I turned on the unit hollding down the intro1 button like when I did the OS 1.51.......selected the usb rear........but the file wont show up on screen to upgrade am I doing something worng?
ingar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the usb in front. No you can`t do it the same as os. Go in via media and load it. Remeber to save your work on a exstern media and reload after it upgrading.
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Help installing RES v150 ? Reply with quote

Dnj wrote:
I installed the 1.51 os no problem.....but I need help doing the Res file.....do you do it the same way via USB or?

for the RES upgrade I turned on the unit hollding down the intro1 button like when I did the OS 1.51.......selected the usb rear........but the file wont show up on screen to upgrade am I doing something worng?

OK!

So you had OS 1.5 and upgraded to OS 1.5.1. You should have Res 1.5 alreay on your system and there is no need to reload it. You only do it if it is an older RES for example RES 1.0.1. If your OS was 1.5 than your RES would stay at RES 1.5. But if you just wanted to do it anyway for practice than this is what you need to do:

Load Res 1.5 from Your CD into your usb card via your computer and insert the card in your keyboard. The keyboard must be on not off. Now go and press Media than go to Utility and on the screen select the last line saying Full Resource Restore
and press on execute and than you should see RES 1.5 BKP and select it and press on OK or Yes. Sorry I am at work and just can not remember everything in detail. Best of luck.

Fahim,
Dnj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the help.......

Fahim......I appreciate the help now I see what you mean ...excectly so Igues there is no need to do the upgrade as you say being I went from 1.5 to 1.51...

If we ever meet Drinks are on me my friend!! Wink
JerryT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheez Donnie,
I would have helped if I knew you were buying drinks. Good luck - have fun. I think you'll like the PA800. Maybe the Bose stick will be next.
Ciao,
Jerry
chrisgr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all! I have some questions.
Now I'm using 1.02 OS and I want to upgrade to 1.51.
I have changed some of the STSs and style performances on the preset styles and I guess that these changes will be lost when I install Res 1.50, am I right?
Is there any way to get them back after installing res 1.5 or I'll have to make them myself?
Will there be any problem with my user styles and sounds which I created with OS 1.0.2?
Finally , I haven't faced any problem with OS 1.0.2. Is the 1.51 as reliable as 1.0.2?
Thanx in advance..
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should install 1.51 and the 1.50 Resources. Yu have to back up your
styles, performances and sounds before that cuz you will loose them.
chrisgr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that but I want to know about the preset style performances
that I have made changes to and have saved them on the preset positions.
Will they be reset to their initial condition?
For example in some styles I have changed the volume of the tracks or some STSs but I haven't saved them as user styles.
Are there any serious bugs in 1.51?Until now I'm very satisfied with pa800 and i don't want any problem to come up with the update.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i already said that it will erase anything, installing resources means
wiping out everything and your factory presets too.
And no, just install 1.51 you will be fine, there is no bug that will affect you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: