Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set up midi transmission?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chakora

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: How to set up midi transmission? Reply with quote

Hi,

Besides using Pa800 for my show performance, i also use a laptop as a sequencer midi out to Roland SC8850 sound canvass. Reason is i have many midi files which was sequenced using that sound module and i don't have the time to edit it.

Last night, before my show began, my laptop's power adaptor broke down and i can't charge my laptop's battery. My laptop just drop dead.

So i load the sc8850 midis to Pa800 to play back the midi files, but certain songs are ok and certain songs are not. Instruments from Pa800 guitar, bass, drums, sounds very real and cool. Sc8850 can't compare with it, no where to stand near it, and drums using GM format is ok, sound like a real drum and have the feel too, but not sound using Roland GS format.

So i have to use Pa800 as a sequencer to replace my laptop to midi out to sc8850 sound canvass to play back the sc8850 midi files. Some files using SC8850 drum mapping failed to response accurately.

So i got no choice but i had to use Pa800 to play back all the midis even though the drum mapping and effects are different.

I have read the Pa800 manual on how to midi out to external sound module, but failed to understand, and sound coming out to sc8850 from Pa800 (as a sequencer) don't come out 100% accurate, especially the drum kit.

My laptop's power adaptor will only arrive 2 to 3 weeks from Japan. Would appreciate if someone can teach me how to use my Pa800 as a sequencer to midi out to my Roland sc8850 sound canvass.

Thanks and regards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: