Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Device Inquiry Failure" with padKONTROL and edito

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookemore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: "Device Inquiry Failure" with padKONTROL and edito Reply with quote

Although I seem to have a function pK since it works fine with my music software, I can't seem to get the Editor/Librarian software to communicate with it. I'm using the USB connection w/ WinXPsp2; I installed the USB-MIDI driver. I've tried various settings in the Editor's Preferences dialog, but using padKONTROL 1 MIDI IN and padKONTROL 1 MIDI OUT seemed like the logical available choices.

Any suggestions?
cookemore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: "Device Inquiry Failure" with padKONTROL and e Reply with quote

Found the answer in a post below relating to OSX, but still applicable. In Editor/Librarian set MIDI In to Port A and MIDI Out to CTRL and works like a charm.
BinaryB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have those options in my midi preferences

I only have Usb Audio Device

Usb Audio Device [2]
Usb Audio Device [3]
cookemore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BinaryB wrote:
I only have Usb Audio Device

I would think it's the job of the Korg USB-MIDI driver to translate those generic "USB Audio device" names to the padKontrol-specific names. You're sure that it's installed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: