Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The survival of Pa1X Pro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tascone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: The survival of Pa1X Pro Reply with quote

Hi guys!

Like probably almost all of you, nice people involved in this forum, I’m also a little disappointed, because soon or later we’ll have to leave our beloved Pa1X-series and purchase the new flagship Pa2X “most advanced technology available today” according to Korg. Shocked

The truth is that all those new upgrades Pa2X comes loaded with today (tilting display, direct access buttons, smarter graphical user interface, custom track EQ, Guitar Mode, etc) are just a few items to mention from those option lists which forum members did put together many times under all of these years in hope to help Korg find the right track to succeed.

All of these option lists were meant to be used to upgrade the Pa1X-series, but Korg just took the advantage of using all this information and implemented it in the new Pa2X-series… Crying or Very sad

As I mentioned earlier, it is ok since, sooner or later, we’ll be forced to change to the Pa2X-series.

Regarding myself, I decided to stay for while from now with my old Pa1X Pro and trying to make it better by my own. As you surely remember, almost any member in this forum asked questions like “how to increase the RAM memory”, “why do you have to wait so long to load 32Mb of samples” and “what if in live situation you get your power supply going down”, etc.

Korg always had the correct answer but they chose to give us this, 128MB installed RAM with expansion possibilities up to 256 MB (Pa2X).

That’s OK from my point of view, but what about the required time to load those 256MB, or what about power supply failure when there is a crowd dancing in front of you??

In such circumstances there is an appropriate technology for the improvement of the Pa1X-series. You could get away with the expenses by taking the advantage of using the SSD Flash Drives. The IDE25-series, 8 to 64 GB, will perfectly fit in your Pa1X keyboard. This will give you the opportunity of withholding a vast memory for all sorts of applications. In the circumstances of power failure, you will never need to reload your samples and the access of these samples will be a matter of milliseconds. Very Happy

The only change that Korg would ever need to do is to take the advantage of this technology and readdress the factory styles/sounds to the IDE 2,5” SSD Flash Drive in the “next” release 4.0. That will result in plenty of Pa1X-series satisfied users and a lot of new costumers, too. Very Happy

You, forum members who are interested in this technology, please check out these links and come back with your comments and suggestions about how to improve our Pa1X.

http://www.supertalent.com/products/products.php
http://www.supertalent.com/products/ssd.php
http://www.supertalent.com/products/flashlandingdetail.php?sid=2838023a778dfaecdc212708f721b788

Regards, Tascone.
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we are talking FUTURE here, Thank you so much Tascou this is something!
What do you members think.
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to be a wet blanket but I can't see how this could work. An SSD hard disk is still operating as a hard disk not as RAM or SSD memory which is instantly readable. So any sounds on the SSD hard disk still need to be loaded to be used. Its not the access time to to disk that slows things down but the actual loading. I hope I'm wrong.
Cheers,
John
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is the same but even better and newer tecnic!
So there must be an sollution to tel PAX to use that one, i still think this can be done!

Also can we change the HD to an ssd so loading time can be faster for all data?
Can PAX recgnize this SSD like the 20 GIG we heave now?
I mean that can make this KB FASTER on loadings!
I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA!
Whats your opnion Question Question Question
Tascone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reuben wrote:
I don't want to be a wet blanket but I can't see how this could work. An SSD hard disk is still operating as a hard disk not as RAM or SSD memory which is instantly readable. So any sounds on the SSD hard disk still need to be loaded to be used. Its not the access time to to disk that slows things down but the actual loading.

Hi, John!

I’ve never owned a Pa80 and using it together with a 8MB flash disk, but that option was very popular for a few years ago. I’m sure that many forum members who owned a Pa80 did use that option before they switched to Pa1X.

Any of the members who owned a Pa80 before and used it together with the 8MB flash disk can maybe explain for us how that option worked. If I’m not wrong you could have direct access to the sounds and styles located on that 8MB flash disk exactly as you have access to HD-styles on a Pa1X. You never needed to upload the samples and styles from the 8MB flash disk into the Pa80’s RAM memory.

Korg could hopefully release a software upgrade for Pa1X (don’t need to be for free) with kind of similar function like Pa80 had. That should enable/allowed us to use a larger SSD disk in the same manner like for Pa80 but this time with Pa1X.

If Korg will provide this funtion, you'll never need to worry about running out of RAM memory any more.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
/ Tascone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: