Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using M3-M with external keyboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Using M3-M with external keyboard Reply with quote

Hi I'm using a M3-M with a digital piano that only transmits on Channel 1. In sequencer mode, is there anyway to 'channelise' the midi input so when I select a track the midi input is forced to that tracks midi channel. I had an Emu Proteus 2500 that could do this. If this is not possible could this feature be included in a future OS update? Also would it be possible (in Global) to turn off karma but leave the drum tracks enabled - or are these functions linked? Thanks for any thoughts on this.
kimu
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starting from seq mode, you have to press "select page" and enter the page named "track Parameter", there you can assign midi channel to each track. if i understand right this should solve your problem.

you can also turn off KArma module(s) simply choosing as input form Karma a midi channel that is not used in any track (this can be done in one of the karma page and of course you can leave active only the drum track (select it in the page with .../DT/EQ.. -i do not remember exactly the title of the page-). in the seq select one track with drum set you wanna use and give it the midi channel selected in the drum track page as output of the drum pattern (usually midi channel for drum is 10)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: