Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maybe now is the time...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACIM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Maybe now is the time... Reply with quote

Let us make some comparisons because it really is needful now… Love making music and I am doing this for more then 30 years. There was the M1 and the D-50: D-50 was intuitive, M1 not. Then came the Fantoms and the Tritons: Fantom was and still is very intuitive, fast and reliable. Triton needed to be ‘understand’, very slow RAM and HD (taken from the early eighties laptops…). Now there is the M3: difficult and you need to dig in it and again it is necessary to have patience, to read ‘bibles’ of information for without this you are doomed to own a useless instrument. PA1X-Pro comes out in the days of lightning fast RAM and super fast harddisks and what do you get: loading time of 5 minutes for 32 Mb, USB1.0 at the moment USB 2.0 already was a standard, a harddisk that is terribly slow (yes, taken from a laptop of the eighties…), a manual that asks for ‘big study’, barely no extra’s like styles (therefore see Roland, Yamaha….), sounds and a final update that seems to make the instrument sounding more ‘digital’. OS 2.54 still sounds better then 3.0 IMHO because the PA1X-Pro is NOT made for that (see all the problems people had with this update). Now the PA2X… Nothing new at all and as said by some of you: PA800 in a bigger costume, nothing more, nothing new. Not a joke that’s for sure because it is already mentioned on the Benelux importer’s site (see: http://www.voerman.nl/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=160&Itemid=1 ). Korg is a master………………… In making things needless complex and that is a fact Shocked . I had several instruments of them in the past and also the PA1X-Pro and I had several Rolands. For me it is obvious… There are light-years between those two and it all has much to do with complexity, ease of use and extra support like useful add-ons (styles, sounds, tips…). Don’t believe me? Then have a close look to for example the Fantom and SRX-libraries, the expansions, the sample capacities (1 Gig, super fast). Why? Because Korg is a master…………….. In making things that are unbearable complex…. PA1X Pro is good, slow and has the behavior of a late eighties instrument. PA2X has some minor improvements but the overall image stays the same. Complex, maybe very slow in comparison with other brands… A viscous circle it seems to me… But I like this PA1 Pro because I got used to it and because it really sounds very good (OS 2.54), better than G-70 and others BUT a pain in the a…, as fast as a spurting snail, plays through a DI.box (active) for making it’s output acceptable and… and… But learned to love it just as you can do with a women that you married in drunk frenzy… Wink
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is obvious that KORG is light years behind YAMAHA and ROLAND.
I just dont wanna say nothing more, there is here people in love
with KORG and most of them are completely blind, so being quiet
its better i guess, you cant show the way to a blind person.

There was 2005 and there was MOTIF ES with 1 GB of RAM.
(yes 1 GB, i had 1 GB on mine for year and a half)

There is 2007 and there is M3 with 384 i think mb of RAM.

There was GUITAR MODE in ROLAND bck in 2000.
There is 2007 with a PA800 that keeps freezing up and yes, 64 MB.
Oh PA2XPRO? WOW! Amazing 256 MB, enough for my HI HATS... Very Happy
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
It is obvious that KORG is light years behind YAMAHA and ROLAND.

but not in the sounds i think

cu
Detlef Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ACIM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, Wittid! I think the PA1X-Pro is going to be a feverish sought after fossil like the M1000, M1, Wavestations, Moogs, Arp’s, Jupiters… Razz Just take care of it. PA1X-Pro already is ‘out’ on the market of glitter-synth-arranger- wokstations and in fact was never a part of that. It really was and is a stubborn but authentic and extraordinary sounding ‘hermit’ and that it will stay. Very Happy
Regards,
Pieter
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Detlef and thats the only thing that keeps me with them.
But dont forget, we pay dearly for that, financially and agrivation,
sometimes forget the sounds too.
Its like having good sex and a lot of agrivation from her,
one day i'll just throw her out, forget the sex too.
ACIM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speed, fashion, the more than latest techniques are NOT always those things that underwrite authenticity. Merely they barely are doing this those days…. The only underlying motive will always be… Have a meal, consume… Not with ‘please’ after it, but a ‘must’ Cool . I left that ‘sandbox’. So, I still am very satisfied with the PA1X Pro and I will be so the coming years. Not seen or heard another instrument that would sound better, in spite it’s so called shortcomings, though for most it already seems to be a fossil… Wink I will dust it every day from now on. Very Happy
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Acim, Detlef Nedim and Forum members.
Here we go again , first i wil say thank you for a post that acts like it shuld be, I mean no one else are out here tels the truth and get respond.
I triyed to tell this so many times, just search for my posts.
Listen, i heave a great friend, he will post something familiar about this issue.
He is a great ingenior, Programmer , and a superb KB player as wel.
We talked to day about this, .
I buyed 4 PAX series of KB, Couse of i worked in many restaurants and Cassinos as a Entertainer,
So, We heave a KB , from 80,s.
Thats for sure, Sounds like 90,s thats for sure too, ..
Styles , HMMM who makes that?
Ok whit respect, the styles are ok, some of them are recykled is5 styles, some are remapped, some are so dam bad sounding!
But we use it after we rebuild it.
And that takes like 75 years whit the OS!
So thats maybe why after al we like the Styles.
I remember from my early years of music making, We had a great GIG, and we triyed so hard to make the best of the best, we recorded, we played, we maded sequences, we sampled great sounds , and so and so,
Sleeples nigts 60 litre cococola, 45 bags of Chips , lots of bear, And what heapened?We played only 1 hours!!!
And people clapped, and girls loved us, and so and so, We just played BAD sounding music , Why?
Couse the technique was not enough to handle it.
That was 1984.
Now, 2007 we heave SSD, whit 64 GIGABITE!
We heave better HD,s better Displays and much more intrest and equipment to make faster better and cooler stuff.
So wht heapened to some manufacturer?
NO NAMES!
Couse evrybody know their KB!
You said so great things, When i told here loooooooong time ago, (MY CELPHONE HEAVE MULTITASKING ON MP3) people was mad at me?
THATS A PHONE YOU TALK ABOT THE SAY!
Thats true
Why couse i was rigth!
Take a PAX pro and put in a SSD whit 8 GB, Twix whit the OS a litle bit and give the custommers , KB player a chance to heave al sounds samples and styles in That SSD ram , than we dont need to load and wait 57 ligth year to load just 32 MB!
Who are the owner of this idea (PAX), a 90 year old person?
NO , this is not rigth!
I payed 3800 euros for my PAX, just one of them.
If KORG wants me to stay on stage whit their equipments , than they must be there for me, and you out there,
The problem is , no one tels them to do rigth thing, or no one else say, WHY! If a baby dont cry, than there is no need to give any attention for it!
And we just let the BABY sleep...

There is much faster elektronics now than before, so SSD in the PAX can be reprogrammed for bigger capacity, than we can put al in there, Do you realy think its impossible?
NO!!!
It can be done, but than they can not sel any other models, upcomming,s and so if they make it!

My english is still better than their KB,s.
I hope whit respect to the enginiers of this KB,s please, dont act like we dont now anything!
We now, and we cant be fooled again in this game!
This is not personal, this is from your customers that buys the great beast KB, but please dont go back , in time , we heave the future here and now!
Thanx

Best reg.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And KORG also has the best support team...as i said before, when i call them
instead of me asking them question they ask me questions:
...oh how did you know this...oh really...wow...thats a great feature...
nice man keep it up...oh really, how did you do that... Question Very Happy
amiri

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Nedim 100% about the korg product support they are the worst If I had another option to get another keyboard would have bought it . Many thanks to Nedim Shahid Q E and Fahim and other member they help each other better then korg product support.

Thanks guys.

Amiri
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sevgili Nedim Abi, this is not news for me , Forexsample, Here in Sweden biggest music store, They just sel, they heave no clue abot the unit.
Thats why i sold 14 PAX serie of KB,s in the store there i worked.
And they told me that i has broken a ROLAND VA7, what they dit not now, there is UNMOUNT func on the ZIP drive,
They was triying whit FORK to take it out!!!
DUM!
Do you think KORG cares, NOP!
They just ship it, and than WE/ME sold it.
And i think like 200 Telefon and 100 other customers asking me about this KB, and i just help. Memory for free, help for free, support for free, Like SHARP, he is awesome, and thanx to this guy we can tel them what we think.
THANK YOU SHARP!

And you guys now that we are a family, We must hold together, this is the first time we are doining this i think, i Sended many letters to KORG about Sharp, and asked them if they can give him something back for all the great things he is giving us, no replays at al.
There is only one person that i respect higly, And its MR TRAMMANONI!
He is in this great family of IA!
Please keep this great forum alive!

Last edited by Asena on Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Jerry and Paolo were alwys with us...if it wasnt for Paolo we wouldnt have
what we have now i think.
dschultze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to start a flame war, but if the other manufacturers are light years ahead and Korg isn't good why do we all own them. There must be something good ( or better ) that made us make the choice in the first place.

We're free to make our own choices and there's plenty of kit to choose from. If I didn't like my Korg as much as I do I would simply sell it and get something else that suited my needs more. But the fact is I chose it and keep it 'cos I like it.

Dave
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as a matter of fact i dont own just KORG, my MAIN workstation in my
studio is MOTIF XS and wont trade it even for OASYS, not M3, the
WORKSTATION part in my studio KORG is light years behind.
Maybe in the 24th century i'll have a KORG workstation as a main board in
the studio. And dont forget, we talk about ARRANGERS that makes us go
nutz, not something really bigep ,rsonally to me a WORKSTATION is really
a lot bigger deal then an ARRANGER.
And KORG can still never catch up with their own I30 they made back in 1998...
What happened after that??? Somebody killed the engineers?
ACIM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the PA1X-Pro is being prosecuted; nearly a with hunt… Crying or Very sad Think, that is not the purpose; it does not deserve that like I suggested above. You need to get used to it and then you will discover that it is worth the weight (also literally!). There are indeed relative big imperfections like the speed of loading for example but that could be solved by using those 2 extra slots. It is like they are screaming for extra RAM what in fact could not be impossible; take a look at the German EXB’s… Also the output is clearly unsatisfactory but that can be solved by using a DI-box and that really works excellent. So problem solved. What could be a major problem is the following: PA2X is a nice successor of the PA1X Pro but not really an ‘earthquake’, far from that but more then good enough for those who are looking for an outstanding arranger workstation, which it will be. It is probably much better then the competitors concerning sounds, style forms… But for those that own a PA1X Pro there will be a big problem: how to get it sold for stepping over to its successor without loosing too much money… Most of us did pay 3000 Euro’s or more and observing the ‘bidding’ I only can say it is a bloody shame cause you will get only 1250 or less for it, especially now with that PA2X Twisted Evil . Nevertheless, like I already said: I keep on being satisfied with my PA1X Pro because it serves me well in my setup that is practical all VST, multitracking… I do not need fast loading for that anyway, but it could be a good improvement… It would be nice if Korg would do some effort on that because and we all know that, it is possible to correct those shortcomings… Suggestions for that were already spooking around on this forum. Also I think most of us feel disappointed now that the PA2X is there… So fast after previous OS 3.0 upgrade. Am I right that most of us are feeling uncomfortable by that? Almost like we are being put on the wrong track… Honest, this PA2X is a good improvement but not a big trailbreaker and when reading the specs I can only say that Korg really did visit this forum: there were complaints about the wrong tilted screen, about polyphony, about RAM, about weight… So… Question Idea
Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACCIM!
DI-BOX Whats that?
What can it do?
PICTURE INFO?
Help us out!
PLEASE.
Thanx.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: