Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Probably a really stupid question.....but

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomleitch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Probably a really stupid question.....but Reply with quote

When i am setting up combi's or anything that uses midi channels the only way i can hear the instrument playing is if i have the channel set to 01G or 01... when i've watched tutorial videos etc, they seem to be using all the midi channels and having them play out ok ??

For info i am going out of the keyboard from the L/Mono socket into my practice amp.

I will soon want to record using the sequencer and think this will give me problems if everything is on midi channel 1. (PS all timbres are set to INT)

Thanks in advance
Tom
pagey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

set the midi channel to Gch - This may depend on what midi channel you have set up in your global settings.

Korg Kronos61, Triton Extreme 61, M50
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When i am setting up combi's or anything that uses midi channels the only way i can hear the instrument playing is if i have the channel set to 01G or 01

This IS the only way to hear several instruments in one combi. Only if you assign some to ch1, some to ch2 (or any other) and change channel settings in Global mode, you can play both, but you see thats very annoying to do.

Quote:
when i've watched tutorial videos etc, they seem to be using all the midi channels and having them play out ok

No can't do.
You can use multiple channel settings in one combi if you are using more than one keyboard. For example, if you use extreme and two other keyboards, you can set combi to play channel1 sounds on Extreme, channel2 on second keyboard and channel3 on the third keyboard.

Quote:
I will soon want to record using the sequencer and think this will give me problems if everything is on midi channel 1.

No problem there, record what you can't play in live, set few programs to channel 1 that you are going to play along with the recorded tracks and separate them through the keybed.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your replys guys...

I was having a go at some recording the other day and it seemed like each track i played was playing all the instruments in the song..... Oh well guess it's back to the drawing board for me then!!!
shrike
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
like each track i played was playing all the instruments in the song

Maybe you engaged multitrack recording?
Don't do that if you want to record track after track.
tomleitch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like that might be my problem.

Thanks again Shrike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Extreme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: