Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else interested in new PCMs?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aafanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Anyone else interested in new PCMs? Reply with quote

Timo wrote:
Fantastic news!! This is indeed immensely welcome. Many thanks to the Korg guys.

Any customisable/importable PCMs, per chance? Smile

I would love some new PCMs to download for free or for $s. I have all the Electribes and the PCM is very similar. I was just wondering if anyone else is iterested in this?
cassus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really use the pcm's to begin with, but that has to do with the fact that i don't find the default ones that useful.. So i guess I'd like some editability there..
slammah2012

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry at Korg has already said they can't change the Pcm library due to a low amount of DSP left in the Unit...It is the same reason for the inacurate sin wave on osc2...
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
aafanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I really do LOVE my Radias the way it is. I think that it's sheer laziness to ask for new PCMs instead of doing the editing to create the sound that I want. Isn't creating NEW sounds why we got the Radias in the first place?
Daz
Retired

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile
gdh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slammah2012 wrote:
Jerry at Korg has already said they can't change the Pcm library due to a low amount of DSP left in the Unit...It is the same reason for the inacurate sin wave on osc2...

that be right sir, the limitations of PCM are well outlined in Wikepedia for those who want to read up a little more on it. Here is a short copy and paste that gets to the essence of what slammah is saying:

"It may be noted that there are two sources of impairment implicit in any PCM system:

* choosing a discrete value near the analog signal for each sample (quantization error)
* between samples no measurement of the signal is made; due to the sampling theorem this results in any frequency above or equal to \frac{1}{2} f_s (fs being the sampling frequency) being distorted or lost completely (aliasing error). This is also called the Nyquist frequency.

As samples are dependent on time, an accurate clock is required for accurate reproduction. If either the encoding or decoding clock is not stable, its frequency drift will directly affect the output quality of the device. A slight difference between the encoding and decoding clock frequencies is not generally a major concern; a small constant error is not noticeable. Clock error does become a major issue if the clock is not stable, however. A drifting clock, even with a relatively small error, will cause very obvious distortions in audio and video signals, for example."
slammah2012

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aafanatic wrote:
Thanks for the response. I really do LOVE my Radias the way it is. I think that it's sheer laziness to ask for new PCMs instead of doing the editing to create the sound that I want. Isn't creating NEW sounds why we got the Radias in the first place?

What I would like to see is OSC 2 being given the ability to shift to much lower frequencys for use with the Ring mod circuit...A good RingModulator frequency range "should" be able to go from 0.5 Hz to 1khz...regardles of the carrier...Then secondary modulations sources such as EGs have a better starting point for the RM...
The initial Frequency range I described would need osc 2 pitch to span 12 octaves...
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: