Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PAD Sync ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: PAD Sync ?? Reply with quote

I have a pad with a violin music piece played using PA800 factory sounds, I can't Sync it while I change the chords, it keeps on playing on the same notes what I originaly played.
chandan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think no one in the forum has done this before , isn't it? Rolling Eyes
Booby

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

you have probably left the default "Dr." setting instead of "Acc" in the "Track Type". You need after to fix the original key and chord of course to let the arranger play the correct notes.

Please check a piano or guitar pad (sequence, no hit) and use similar settings, also considering that a pad is very similar to a style, so it must be not to difficult to address your problems.

Hope this help.

Regards.
chandan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booby wrote:
Hi,

you have probably left the default "Dr." setting instead of "Acc" in the "Track Type". You need after to fix the original key and chord of course to let the arranger play the correct notes.

Please check a piano or guitar pad (sequence, no hit) and use similar settings, also considering that a pad is very similar to a style, so it must be not to difficult to address your problems.

Hope this help.

Regards.

My style's Bass, Acci, Acc2 are originally composed at G# Major and I have selected G# Major key in the Style record mode for Bass, Acc1 and Acc2.

Now when I recorded a Piano sequence in PAD record mode, I again specified G# major settings for the PAD and played the sequence using G# Major scale.
I have also chosen "Beat" from the PAD sync option, I tried "Countin'd" from the PAD sync option as well but it didn't work either.

In the normal Style Play mode, when I play my style with G# major chord and press PAD button, my Pad played the notes for G# Major scale which I originally recorded, When I change the chord to whatever else other than G# major and press PAD button, my pad sequence still plays on G# Major notes, it never changes according to the chords I select with my style, it's not syncronized. I tried by changing other options Like NTT Type, NTT Table even then it never worked.

and you know the other thing is, It actually doesn't save my Key and Chord information as I said I selected Key=G# an Chord=Major, I Write (Save) Pad and exit, but when I come back again in the PAD edit mode selecting the same PAD, it again shows me Key=C and Chord = Major which are it's default options, it resets my setting back to normal C Key, why ????

I tried playing my PAD sequence along with other factory syles, but no luck at all !! Shocked

Please tell me where I have made a mistake.

Chandan
Q.E

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: PAD Sync ?? Reply with quote

chandan wrote:
I have a pad with a violin music piece played using PA800 factory sounds, I can't Sync it while I change the chords, it keeps on playing on the same notes what I originaly played.

1.goto RECORD

2.RECORD NEW PAD OR EDIT/PAD

3. select SEQUENCE

4.pick your pad that you wanna edit for example "solo marimba"

5.make sure in fronT of sync=continu'd is selected

6.press MENU >>> TRACK CONTROL>>>>PAD TYPE=LOOP

7.track type = ACC

DONE !!
shahid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: PAD Sync ?? Reply with quote

Q.E wrote:
chandan wrote:

1.goto RECORD

2.RECORD NEW PAD OR EDIT/PAD

3. select SEQUENCE

4.pick your pad that you wanna edit for example "solo marimba"

5.make sure in fronT of sync=continu'd is selected

6.press MENU >>> TRACK CONTROL>>>>PAD TYPE=LOOP

7.track type = ACC

DONE !!

In the start I was missing Track Type and having the same problem, it works with Acc. Chandan, please try ACC1 in track Type
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: