Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Device Inquiry Error (Sound Editor Probs)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Device Inquiry Error (Sound Editor Probs) Reply with quote

Yeah so with 2.0 I thought I'd try the sound editor again, hoping it would just work this time. Not so. I get this issue both on my mac and my pc. I fire up the Sound Editor, in the program tab I select A01 and press receive, progress bar pops up, 5 seconds with no movement then WHAMMO, yee oldie-

Receive Program Failed

Receive Program Failed: Device Inquiry Error.

Had this since forever. Never had the sound editor work. When i try the transmit button I get the same deal, just substitute the receive for transmit in the error message. You get the deal..

In the preferences I get these options for Midi In:
Not use MIDI IN device
RADIAS - MIDI IN
RADIAS - KBD/KNOB
KP3 - PAD

for Midi Out i get:
Not use MIDI OUT device
RADIAS - Midi Out
RADIAS - Sound
KP3 - Sound

Something tells me my midi driver is installed and working as it should.. But still something is off. Anyone had this issue? What is the exact procedure you used to install the radias sound editor and getting it working, maybe I've missed a step.. All i did was install Midi Driver first, then the Radias Sound Editor. I get the exact same deal with my KP3 by the way. Can not transmit or receive with that either..

Thanks for any help.
futureline

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Unless you havent read this link, then you can try to read thru and follow all these steps, I believe most people solved that kind of problems by doing this...just be very sure you read it all through and se the info given here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19757

But first, I would recommend you to try to remove everything installed from korg, and then I would recommend a free uninstaller (don't know of any other, this worked for me):
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
And here it is important that you after the uninstallation of korg-drivers/files, chose to check for thing hanging in the system, there are alway some small sh..t lying around... Wink
Anyway, that is an option that shows after the normal uninstallation.
PS: I have only done this on windows XP pro, with version 1.0.7 (the last version before 2.0).

Some of the problems related to the editor or installation not working, is because of multiple drivers installed, and stuff like that, but that is all described in the first link.
Good luck.
Thumbs Up

Soundconstruction going on...
rfoshaug

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, check that the Radias is set up to send/receive sysex (something like sysex enable somewhere in global mode).

Then, check (at least on PC - I have no idea how it looks on Mac) in the Start menu, under Korg, that the Radias is installed (under Korg USB MIDI driver tools). There you have one tool for adding new hardware (install Korg USB midi device) and one tool for checking (configure Korg USB Midi driver).

In the latter you have a button named "Device list". If the Radias doesn't show up there (the button would be grayed out), you probably need to use the "Install Korg USB Midi Device" option mentioned above.

Hope this helps. Smile
cassus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with mine, though, is that I can update the firmware just fine, I use it as a master keyboard under logic and Ableton Live6 without probs. Only thing that's never worked is the sound editor. I tried removing everything earlier today, installed it fresh and it didn't help. I'm only using a mac now, never going back to pc for music related stuff. But I don't really know of any software that can sweep my drive for any leftovers. Any mac users out there who have had this issue and resolved it? Or know of any mac software that will zap all the bits and pieces I may have overlooked?
botega

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellow cassus

did you set:

Global \ P02 memory \ Protect to off?
cassus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, its on off. And i also have Sysex transfer enabled on P06 SystemEX has an o after it.. that's right, yeah?

Really weird problem.. I should be able to get this to work with usb right? I dont have to use midi cable or anything like that?
botega

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from the"optionns" menu, choose "Preferences" the preferences dialog box will appear. set " midi in" to " RADIAS KBD/KNOB
set "Midi out" to "RADIAS-SOUND" , check the "Recieve parameter change" window, and in the "Note MIDI IN" set to " Not use Note MIDI IN device"

use only USB cable and set the: Global settings" \ P04 MIDI \ Routing: USB or USB+midi as needed

P06 SystemEX - 0 (like you pointed)

if it's not it then you should check whether your computer recognizes the Korg midi driver:

turn on RADIAS
press: START \ Control panel \ System \
press the :HADRWARE tab
press the: Device Manager tab
open the: Sound video and game controllers (+)
KORG RADIAS should appear there...

if it's not...then maby you should activate the Midi driver by installing the KORG USB+ MIDI Driver Tools find at the : STRART \ Programs \ KORG
gdh

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which ver. of OSX?
1) I found that the editor worked fine using the usb cable and had issues using my M Audio unit.
2) to completely clean your mac hd. go to into utilities (in applications folder), open disk utility, click on erase tab then go to erase free space (3 options of cleaning offered).
cassus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaah, great. now it works perfectly Smile Thanks for all your help guys, muchly apreciated. I followed your instructions, botega, and it did the trick. I always thought i was to set midi out to radias midi out or whatever it was called. Seemed so obvious.. Oh well Smile All is good now. Again, thanks Smile
botega

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeahhh!!! i love it when things finally work out

johnnswildyears

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: other problem with programming software Reply with quote

Ok heree one when I open up the preferences window for the programmer the radias isnt even listed I do run all my midi through my fasttrack pro was thinking about changing that any input folks?
meatballfulton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnswildyears,

What do you see as choices when you open up preferences?

If you use the FastTrack Pro as your MIDI interface you should see that as a choice, select that.

You should only see the Radias as a choice if you connect it to the PC via USB.
slammah2012

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

botega wrote:
hellow cassus

did you set:

Global \ P02 memory \ Protect to off?

Did you press "Save" when you exited Global mode???
Currently running, Hammond M3, Yamaha CS80 + MM6, Roland JX-3P + Mkb 1000 + Vk7 + D110, Alesis Quadrasynth plus, Haken Continuum fingerboard, Korg Radias + Lambda, Ensoniq SQ80, Waldorf Blofeld, Creamware Prodyssey + B4000, Use Audio Plugiator, Arp Axxe ....and some soft synths.
Dionysos2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have the same problem, and i went through all the steps you have given but I couldn't solve the problem.
I'm running Vista SP1 x64 and the radias is connected through usb.
Wizhi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another trick if you have problem is to try another USB port. You need to connect the Radias (I don't know if it's the same with R3) to the USB port you installed the drivers and the softwere. Radias only works best with taht USB port that you first installed it with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: