Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 drum KITs -MESSED UP , all DESI Kit sequences !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shahid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: 6 drum KITs -MESSED UP , all DESI Kit sequences !!! Reply with quote

Hi,

Nedim’s 6 Drums Kit created a Big problem for me, I had to delete it

Please do not get me wrong at all, I am NOT trying to put Nedim’s work down, he is always helpful in the forum !

I am just gonna tell you the fact.

My DESI Kit is a part of Nedim’s “6 Drum Kits” package which he mentioned already in the post, when I loaded his 6 drum kits package into my PA800, all fine but it MESSED UP all of my sequences which I made with my DESI Kit !!!

You know why? Because he put a different name of DESI kit while including it in the 6 kits package (I think it’s by mistake),

DESI Kits name appears as “Shahid Bhangra” when loading from his 6 drum Kits package but when you download the DESI Kit from my web site and load it, it appears with a name “Bhangra Kit”., A different name created this problem !!!!

So, I used it with previous name Bhangra Kit in all of my sequences and when I replaced it with Nedim’s 6 Kits package and when played my sequences, I was shocked Shocked listening to my sequences, all MESSED UP !!! I had to reselect the new name of the kit for each element of each styles in Style Edit mode, I had to do the same for all of my sequences which I made with my DESI Kit, BIG HEADACHE !!

Finally, I decided to get rid of 6 Kits. I deleted them (as I don’t need extra drum kits, there are enough already in factory banks), and reloaded my DESI Kit from the original download from my web site, I had a backup of my sequences, I reloaded them.

NOW, all is fine.

So, if you wanna use any of my Sequences or Styles, please BE SURE, , you MUST load my DESI Kit from it’s original download which is on my web site.

Hope, you didn’t get me wrong with Nedim’s 6 drum kits, he is a Pro and always helpful, I just explained a problem which could happen to you as well if you are using any of my style sequences.

Thanks
Shahid
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it has nothing to do with the name or anything, all you had to do was switch the KIT, names doesnt mess anything, all you have to do is reload the 6 KITS, and put DESI KIT on the same location as yours was and move
one of mine to another location and all the beat will be fine.
You always learn the hard way, i dont know why.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no, nobody has to download your original KIT, all the hae to do is what
i said, you go to sound mode and all they have to do is just RESAVE DESI KIT
to the original location of the first one, the BHANGHRA KIT, names have
nothing to do with STYLES AT ALL!
shahid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
And no, nobody has to download your original KIT, all the hae to do is what
i said, you go to sound mode and all they have to do is just RESAVE DESI KIT
to the original location of the first one, the BHANGHRA KIT, names have
nothing to do with STYLES AT ALL!

Hi Nedim,

Thanks for your sugession and guide lines as always, I much appreciate but the thing is there are many novice users even they are newer than me who already have got my sequences, they hardly know about Style Play mode and few other things as well.

So how about the idea if you have kept the same name of DESI kit in your collection as well rather than changing its name by resaving it, many new users don't know about sound mode or making new kits evne I never used sound mode till yet as I didn't need it.

Thanks
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! You still dont get it, THE NAME HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH STYLES,
CHANGES ALL THE NAMES NOTHING MESSES UP!
What you have to do is change loaction of the KIT, do you understant?
Example:
If in your set your DESI KIT is on the first page o the USER DK bank
and its on the 7th location, all you have to do when you load my KITS
is take the BHANGHRA KIT and resave it to the 7th location on the same page!
The name can be SHAHID&NEDIM KIT or whatever you wanna wrtie in,
nothing will be messed up cuz of the name.

On any synth, you can play with the names as much as you want, nothing
will affect the styles, unless you start playing with parameters or locations.
I hope you understand now, aekt it as an advice for your future work too.
shahid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you said names has nothing to do with it but what happend to me as I described before.

I loaded your 6 Kits set which removed the previous DESI Kit probably I chosen the same location and thats fine by me anyhow because I had the same kit from your collection. When I loaded my styles which I used DESI Kit with, they didn't pick up the KIT and picked up another factory Kit randomly, I went to style edit mode, reselcted the DESI Kit which was from your 6 kits collection, saved the styles and then everything was fine, same thing happened to all elements of all my styles.

Same thing happened to 2 other people who were using my sequences.

Thanks
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, and thats what i was trying to say, the synth itself wiill never look for
a certain KIT, it just resets itself to a Factory KIT. Another thing to do is why
not LOAD my kits one by one??? And put them wherever you want...!
shahid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nedim wrote:
YES, and thats what i was trying to say, the synth itself wiill never look for
a certain KIT, it just resets itself to a Factory KIT. Another thing to do is why
not LOAD my kits one by one??? And put them wherever you want...!

When I reloaded previous DESI Kit, and reloaded my styles from my previous backup, the right KIT was picked up by synth for all styles automatically.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it wasnt, it was in the same location thats why you think it picked it up.
The synth its nt that smart to know which LOCATION was assigned there.
On the Factory Kits, they still play but you get the REMAP message, where
you have to REMAP the KIT itself.
If you get one of my styles and 1 of my drum kits and if you save the drum
kit to another location the style itself will never found it unless you assign it
manually.
Sanjai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shahid/Nedim,

I am newbe but maybe i can help.

Being a newbe i load a lot of styles and drumkits and had this issue.

What i think is that by loading new styles it looks up the drumkits name.
If that drumkit doesn't exists it picks the closes one or maps to a factory drumkit.

Ones is has been loaded the style maps to the user drumkit's location where it is saved. So if you save the drumlit to an other location the style gets messed up but when you first load a drumkit to whatever place and after that you load another style it maps itself.

Sorry if i said something stupid yust wanted to help..

Greets,
Sanjai
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Drum Kits Reply with quote

Hello everyone:

OK! I had similar experience. I found out that the drum kit location is very important and not its name. Nedim is correct. I experiment and paly around with many different SETs and their drum kits. For example I loaded a whole SET and nothing else was on the keyboard and than sartared playing this particular style and noticed that this style was mapped to the drum kit by the name of Tabla kit that was loaded in space 6 of the UserDK section. I noted its location. Than I loaded a new SET and completely replaced the first SET. Both of these SETs had their own UserDK's. Now I loaded the first SET again but did not load its UserDK. I started playing the same style again and noticed that the SYNTH(pa800) went to space 6 and picked the drum kit that was there but as I have mentioned that this was a diffrent drum kit by the name of Turkish KIT 1 and not Tabla Kit. As you can see,the Synth just went to space 6 and picked up the kit and thinking it is the same as before. As you could see, the Synth only can check for location and not for name. Just wanted to share my experience and that is the fact becasue I have done it.

Fahim, Very Happy
PA800dude

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

In the comment I will make I am seriously not trying to be an assss***, I swear. I am an amature synth/arranger user. Now, some of you claim to be professionals, but some of the questions or problems u post on the forum r seriously, really, funny. I am sure that most of u have finished Sound Engineering schools but how is it that an amature like my self knows the answers to these very basic and simple problems and u don't? The KORG PA is not the only arranger whose styles will have this "location" problem...Yamaha etc they will all have this problem, which is not a problem by the way. Even your synth functions this way. I am sorry if I offended anybody it was not my intent. I just do not understand how someone can call them self a pro and not know the basic answers.
BasariStudios
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not a problem at all, it is just laws of nature and phisics, it is not
possible for any synth to find locatons. If you leave your wallet in your
kitchen and later on if you look for it in the bedroom it wont be there,
you have to MANUALLY and LEGually if such a word exists to go to the
kitchen and get it...it is just common sense...or if you have a magic synth
that will find the right place.
sehasafade12
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PA800dude wrote:
Hi guys

In the comment I will make I am seriously not trying to be an assss***, I swear. I am an amature synth/arranger user. Now, some of you claim to be professionals, but some of the questions or problems u post on the forum r seriously, really, funny. I am sure that most of u have finished Sound Engineering schools but how is it that an amature like my self knows the answers to these very basic and simple problems and u don't? The KORG PA is not the only arranger whose styles will have this "location" problem...Yamaha etc they will all have this problem, which is not a problem by the way. Even your synth functions this way. I am sorry if I offended anybody it was not my intent. I just do not understand how someone can call them self a pro and not know the basic answers.

Hello Pa800dude:
You have the freedom to say what ever you want but please do not put down people for the lack of their knowledge in certain area and specially with Korg pa800 which is new to a lot of us. Pro's and no Pro's also are human being and have limitations or just new with Korg Pa800. To you the questions could be very funny but not to them. So please do not insult anyone here becasue it will be just a wast of your time. This site is put together for everyone and for questions like this. I have learned so much since joining this wonderful group. Please be nice. Hurting someone's feeling is just not right. Hope I am not hurting your feeling by saying this but I think you know what I mean.

Best Regards,

Fahim, Very Happy Crying or Very sad
PA800dude

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fahim

Do not worry, u r not hurting my feelings. Like u mentioned, everybody has a right to express their opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: